Thread: The Deckers Route~Experienced Riders Discussion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Deckers Route~Experienced Riders Discussion

First, I hope no one takes offense to the fact that I am going to put this thread out here. It seems to soon. But Its truly bothering me.
    I put this under technique, due to the fact that many of us ride the route, not only because we love it, but, there have been many fatalities in the past couple of years. We have lost many good peeps. I want to take a step back to look at the route for tips and advice.
    Those who haven’t been on it, it’s a great ride. Wide sweeping curves, beautiful views.
    This thread is for sharing knowledge, experience, and passing on to others.
    I want opinions from experienced riders on Technique and Experience on this route. I think we all could learn from some of your experiences. On my mind is many crashes I have stopped at, after the fact usually you can see marked pieces on the road, or it’s been pointed out to me. I look in every direction, and, think where did it go wrong? Usually it’s in a non-technical piece of this route. I’ve had ass pucker moments at the last piece of the route due to gravel...I've also gained great experience as you can gain alot of speed on this route and really lean your bike.
    Is it target fixation? Is it riding beyond your abilities? Is it not knowing the route ahead of time? Is it certain pieces of the route? What is it that riders need to know about this canyon in general? What advice can you give us? I'm asking for experienced riders as I want people who have done this route many times and can tell us some of their experiences, knowledge they can share with us~Sometimes its just our time. But, if this gives one of us a piece of advice thats looming as we ride this route, than it has served its purpose
    Thanks
    Carrie
    Last edited by GixxerCarrie; Fri Jul 1st, 2011 at 05:36 AM.

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)