Thread: MotoGP Mugello Spoiler

MotoGP Mugello Spoiler

Yay Dovi

I love you Ben

Yay Rossi (sort of). at least his helmut is awesome

In other news: FUCK speed tv. for the 50th time, FUCK SPEED TV. I'm so sick of their fucking bull shit.

Re: MotoGP Mugello Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Yay Dovi

I love you Ben

Yay Rossi (sort of). at least his helmet is awesome

In other news: F**K speed tv. for the 50th time, F**K SPEED TV. I'm so sick of their f*****g bull shit.

The only thing missing was Simoncelli smacking into something or someone.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

'03 Honda vtr1000f Super Hawk
    '07 Honda XR650L

I would love to know what took down Stoner. He checked out early and had it in the bag. Then, out of nowhere, there goes the lead.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Yay Dovi

In other news: FUCK speed tv. for the 50th time, FUCK SPEED TV. I'm so sick of their fucking bull shit.
    Just got a motogp.com subscription less than forty eight hours ago. Something to think about. Definitely worth it.

However if you miss a live race, and go to watch it later at motogp.com, i don't see how you avoid knowing who the race winner is before actually getting to the video .....

That subscription is priced ridiculously high

I believe stoners problem was tires. He usually isnt bad at managing tires though

First warm race and I would agree the tires might have been the issue. Stoner checked out, possibly causing the fade of the rubber.

Wish I could have seen Spies' pass on Simoncelli. They barely made it back to the coverage in time to catch the first lead change of the race. Lame. Good job, though, Ben.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I would love to know what took down Stoner. He checked out early and had it in the bag. Then, out of nowhere, there goes the lead.
    http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ro...wins-in-italy/

Stoner was a "bit disappointed with this race. The potential of myself and the bike was a lot higher in my opinion," because of the bike he'd ridden to the pole position on Saturday. "We were really happy with everything, it was working. This morning in warm-up we realized that lap by lap the tire temperature was coming up and we were losing a lot of grips. We wanted to do something to try and get a little bit more grip during the race, but we were recommended basically to stay with the same tire pressures we had in warm-up. Quite clearly there's a big temperature difference. And soon as I got not even halfway through the race my grip just disappeared. As soon as the tire temperature got up, contact patch got smaller, I started losing the front, closing the front.

"As soon as I tried to open the gas the rear wanted to come around, so it was pretty much damage limitation. I lost the front a couple of times pushing into corners, so I just decided to try and slow it up a little bit and see what I could do when the caught me. But once they caught me again I had nothing to return with and it was pretty today to be honest, but we'll bounce back from this."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ro...wins-in-italy/

Stoner was a "bit disappointed with this race. The potential of myself and the bike was a lot higher in my opinion," because of the bike he'd ridden to the pole position on Saturday. "We were really happy with everything, it was working. This morning in warm-up we realized that lap by lap the tire temperature was coming up and we were losing a lot of grips. We wanted to do something to try and get a little bit more grip during the race, but we were recommended basically to stay with the same tire pressures we had in warm-up. Quite clearly there's a big temperature difference. And soon as I got not even halfway through the race my grip just disappeared. As soon as the tire temperature got up, contact patch got smaller, I started losing the front, closing the front.

"As soon as I tried to open the gas the rear wanted to come around, so it was pretty much damage limitation. I lost the front a couple of times pushing into corners, so I just decided to try and slow it up a little bit and see what I could do when the caught me. But once they caught me again I had nothing to return with and it was pretty today to be honest, but we'll bounce back from this."
    with that in mind I think it showed a lot of maturity in Stoner to slow it up and secure the points instead of pulling a Marco.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    with that in mind I think it showed a lot of maturity in Stoner to slow it up and secure the points instead of pulling a Marco.
    Yeah Stoner has matured a lot since being in MotoGP. Still not sold on him being a rider with much character. Didn't care for his whining about Rossi during the 2008 Laguna Seca race. And didn't care for his crack to Rossi about his ambition being more than his talent(or something to that effect). Yeah I get that Rossi's pass crashed both of them, however there are more constructive ways to tell that to a 9 time Champion. If I were Rossi and someone told me that, I would just lean in close and say "Scoreboard, who has the most championships and when you achieve what I have, then you can make a smart ass comment like that."

Stoner's a great rider and faster than most on the track. However, when him and Rossi both have bikes that are working equally well. Majority of the time Rossi will beat him. So I think in that aspect Stoner still has a lot of growing up to do.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Good race! Lots of nice passing. I thought for sure that Stoner was going to run away with it. Good battle for 1/2/3. Jorge was on his game during the second half of the race. He REALLY wanted that win!

It's nice to see some high caliber passing and not that Simoncelli crap. Glad Spies got him in the end. Yeah, Dovi rode hard and it payed off. Good for him!

Can't wait to see what happens at Laguna!

Talking Re: MotoGP Mugello Spoiler

WTF... are you nuts?! For my money it doesn't get any better than hearing Greg Creamer call Jorge Lorenzo, "Jorge LorenT-THO". Although the best may have been when he referred to Colin Edwards's team as the Monster Tech "Trois" team.

I still have a warm place in my heart for the commercial breaks cut in during the best over-taking moves.

And don't any of you clowns go spouting off about how LORENTHO is the correct "SPANISH PRONUNCIATION" unless you want an open-handed face slapped delivered by yours truly. That mentality is crap - since more than half of the English language is derived from foreign words, you could then (foolishly) argue that we're pronouncing our own language incorrectly.

[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    WTF... are you nuts?! For my money it doesn't get any better than hearing Greg Creamer call Jorge Lorenzo, "Jorge LorenT-THO". Although the best may have been when he referred to Colin Edwards's team as the Monster Tech "Trois" team.

I still have a warm place in my heart for the commercial breaks cut in during the best over-taking moves.

And don't any of you clowns go spouting off about how LORENTHO is the correct "SPANISH PRONUNCIATION" unless you want an open-handed face slapped delivered by yours truly. That mentality is crap - since more than half of the English language is derived from foreign words, you could then (foolishly) argue that we're pronouncing our own language incorrectly.

[/rant]
    I've seen him on tv pronounce his own name "Lorentho"

Still think it's annoying though. The brits are at least slightly entertaining

Not to keep talking about pronunciation, but yes, LorenTHO drives me crazy. I had a roommate that talked about "IbiTHA" Spain. This was the whitest guy ever from Minnesota. Dude, it's IBIZZZA, just because they lisp the Z in Spain doesn't make you sound like you are a native Spanish speaker because you do it too. It reminds of me of the "papier mâché" Seinfeld episode.

Sorry to add no meaning to the actual discussion right now. Yes, bring on Germany then LA-GUUUUUUNNNNNAAAAA!
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Just got a motogp.com subscription less than forty eight hours ago. Something to think about. Definitely worth it.

However if you miss a live race, and go to watch it later at motogp.com, i don't see how you avoid knowing who the race winner is before actually getting to the video .....
    Here's the answer:
    http://www.motogp.com/en/videos-nospoiler