Thread: Bye bye Maggie...

Bye bye Maggie...

Last week, my beloved speedie "Maggie" went off to explore new worlds without me. If you see her around, give the rider an extra wave because he is obviously someone of impeccable taste

But, as one door closes another opens. Last Friday, I flew down to Vegas and picked up this little gem (yet to be named) and drive her home on Saturday.

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: Bye bye Maggie...

Beautiful. I love that color. Some day I'm going to have to get another Mustang.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

...I'm not sure I approve of this swap? It's a nice car and all, but it's still a car.

Congrats on the new wheels! You traded one beauty for another, i'm sure your speedy will go to a good home!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Beautiful. I love that color. Some day I'm going to have to get another Mustang.
    My first car was a 66 pony. Driving back on Saturday brought back all those feelings I had when I got my first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    ...I'm not sure I approve of this swap? It's a nice car and all, but it's still a car.
    I had my reasons... Since I bought the Strada, I found myself riding it more and more and the Triumph was getting pushed to the back of the garage. I've been looking for some time for a car that got better gas mileage than my tank (which was pretty much any car), but if I'm going to get a car, I'm going to have fun doing it!
    Last edited by salsashark; Tue Jul 5th, 2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

6'er?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    6'er?!?!
    And auto.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Congrats on the new wheels! You traded one beauty for another, i'm sure your speedy will go to a good home!
    Well, she's already gone... I had it consigned down at Erico because I haven't been home enough in the last month and a half to deal with craigslist freaks...

So like I said, if you pass her, give the new owner a wave... Unless she's binned up on the side of the road, then falcon punch his ass off a cliff!

6'er?!?!
    Yep... I already have one horribly thirsty V8, I don't need 2.

That 3.7 is an amazing engine. Ran out wonderfully across Utah and got 29.8 mpg all the way home. I'm loving it.

I'm sure there is a good name to be found from the "My Little Pony" collection...

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Well, she's already gone... I had it consigned down at Erico because I haven't been home enough in the last month and a half to deal with craigslist freaks...

So like I said, if you pass her, give the new owner a wave... Unless she's binned up on the side of the road, then falcon punch his ass off a cliff!

Yep... I already have one horribly thirsty V8, I don't need 2.

That 3.7 is an amazing engine. Ran out wonderfully across Utah and got 29.8 mpg all the way home. I'm loving it.

6th gear @ 75 the LS2 will get well over 30mpg. Hell the new Coyote will do ok if you baby it. Your man card...hand it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I'm sure there is a good name to be found from the "My Little Pony" collection...
    Perfect

6th gear @ 75 the LS2 will get well over 30mpg. Hell the new Coyote will do ok if you baby it. Your man card...hand it over.
    Coming from someone who drives a Volvo?!

I would NEVER own a GM vehicle...

Last edited by salsashark; Tue Jul 5th, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

Semi-related:
    How many of you name your cars/bikes? I've never named any of my rides but I've had several conversations with various friends and family over the years that involve me being asked why I don't. Is it anthropomorphism or just for fun? I'm just curious because to me, it's just a machine, a vehicle, a tool... but maybe you guys have a special connection I've not found yet? Should I be out there looking for a bike I love enough to name it?
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

Coming from someone who drives a Volvo?!

I would NEVER own a GM vehicle...

Dude, it's a 240 wagon...a classic example of fine Swedish engineering.

Not only is mine Holden, it's pre obama Holden

and you know I'm just givin you shit. For a 6'er those things get up and go pretty good. Think they even make a pro charger kit for em too.

Quote Originally Posted by cptschlongenheimer View Post
    Semi-related:
    How many of you name your cars/bikes? I've never named any of my rides but I've had several conversations with various friends and family over the years that involve me being asked why I don't. Is it anthropomorphism or just for fun? I'm just curious because to me, it's just a machine, a vehicle, a tool... but maybe you guys have a special connection I've not found yet? Should I be out there looking for a bike I love enough to name it?
    For me it's all in good fun. I don't really take the name thing seriously.

That being said, I had a blazer in college that was affectionately named "Junk Food". Reason being is that every time I would put something nice into it, It always cost me more to get it out. I did a tune up and put in expensive spark plugs, well, it ran like crap ended up costing me 300 more bucks to hook it up to a diagnostic machine and find out that the blazer liked 99 cent spark plugs. I put high octane gas in it, the car ran like crap for a week. Put the cheapest of the cheap and it never let me down.

and you know I'm just givin you shit. For a 6'er those things get up and go pretty good. Think they even make a pro charger kit for em too.
    Oh I know... I had to listen to it from Douggie Fresh as well.

Hell, if I had 60K lying around, I would love to have a Cobra sitting in the garage, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

That being said, I had a blazer in college that was affectionately named "Junk Food". Reason being is that every time I would put something nice into it, It always cost me more to get it out. I did a tune up and put in expensive spark plugs, well, it ran like crap ended up costing me 300 more bucks to hook it up to a diagnostic machine and find out that the blazer liked 99 cent spark plugs. I put high octane gas in it, the car ran like crap for a week. Put the cheapest of the cheap and it never let me down.

Gotta love those old chevy's! I've got a '77 K-5 that is much the same way. Thing needs so much body/interior work though...
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

Nice mustang I love my 11 GT, and if I didn't get sterling grey I would have gotten kona blue.

Enjoy it.