Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding pucks to street pants?

Re: Adding pucks to street pants?

My wiener is large. My butt is sore. Look out interwebz, here I come!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

just joshin you around dont take it so personally either that or get thicker skin...

With no humor or sarcasm.

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13064

You will likely have to procure your own pucks, I really like "asphalt & gas" leather pucks.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'd imagine anyone who would be able to do this would make it a specialty order and it might be costly because of that. Most folks would rather just buy riding pants with velcro for pucks already on them so I'd imagine the market would be small for what you're asking.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    Sure I could do all that, but I stupidly assumed that the fine people here could just turn me on to the correct shop.
    And people have, in many threads on the board. The last one was fairly recently. It's not being a smart-ass, suggesting that someone search. It's simply redundant information that doesn't really change that often.

I have no idea if a leather repair person who shop/supply/sell knee pucks to you. I don't think they would, but you'd have to call them personally and ask. A normal leather repair shop probably knows nothing about knee pucks, you'd have to go to someone who repairs motorcycle leathers.

As for pucks, there are a ton of them. Since your pants are A*, you can go with them. But you can also go with pretty much any brand also. I personally like Klucky Pucks. They take forever to wear out.

Finding pucks that contour to your leathers can be a pain sometimes.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    And people have, in many threads on the board. The last one was fairly recently. It's not being a smart-ass, suggesting that someone search. It's simply redundant information that doesn't really change that often.

I have no idea if a leather repair person who shop/supply/sell knee pucks to you. I don't think they would, but you'd have to call them personally and ask. A normal leather repair shop probably knows nothing about knee pucks, you'd have to go to someone who repairs motorcycle leathers.

As for pucks, there are a ton of them. Since your pants are A*, you can go with them. But you can also go with pretty much any brand also. I personally like Klucky Pucks. They take forever to wear out.
    I totally agree it's not smartass to suggest someone search. I did search and did not find the specific information I was after, thus my request.

Thanks for the advice on A* and Klucky. I'll start there.

Typical internet crap, but I thought the motorcycle community was above that sort of thing.
    What made you think that?

And these guys are giving you answers. Knee pucks are replaceable parts (since they get worn down) so they come with the sticky side of velcro. All you need is to get someone to stitch the fuzzy side of velcro onto your pants just below the knee. But on a side note: I assume that you are going to be using the pucks for the track and street pants (mesh?) aren't ideal to go down on while pushing your abilities.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    What made you think that?

And these guys are giving you answers. Knee pucks are replaceable parts (since they get worn down) so they come with the sticky side of velcro. All you need is to get someone to stitch the fuzzy side of velcro onto your pants just below the knee. But on a side note: I assume that you are going to be using the pucks for the track and street pants (mesh?) aren't ideal to go down on while pushing your abilities.
    I didn't know the only thing on the pants was the fuzzy side of velcro. That's a critical bit of information, thanks.

The pants are A* leather that I have been wearing to the track for a couple of years now. I generally try to just brush a knee so I don't chew through them, but at the Chicane day two Sundays ago I got a little carried away and put holes through both legs. I'd just pony up and buy more appropriate pants, but $ is on the tight side right now, and since I've ruined these with stupid holes in the knees I figure I might as well get some more functional use out of them.

I'm kicking myself for not buying track pants in the first place, but when I started all this I was riding more on the street, something I almost never do now.

Yes all your pants needs is the fuzzy side of velcro. Just make sure it's put on in the right part, below the knee, as shown in the picture below. Then buy some knee pucks and slap 'em on. Easy-peasy.

George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    Just make sure it's put on in the right part, below the knee, as shown in the picture below.
    Or put it over the present holes

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Or put it over the present holes
    Precisely what I was thinking.

See, the way it works is this: I don't want to shop for pucks, buy velcro, and then try to find someone who knows what they're doing. Sure I could do all that, but I stupidly assumed that the fine people here could just turn me on to the correct shop.

It never fails to amaze me how rude some people can get when asked a question they don't feel is worthy of an answer. If you're not going to be helpful, why not just stay out of the thread? I guess it just another example of making yourself feel good by trying to make others feel stupid. Typical internet crap, but I thought the motorcycle community was above that sort of thing.

Thanks to those who have given helpful responses!
    Timmah! Are you new here? What do you think we do? Work for a living? The only sorry excuse we have for entertainment is razzen' people with low post counts on the forums man!

Also, all the razzin is half pointing out the brevity of your responses. With more information right form the get-go, and a wonderfully sparkly personality shining through your brilliant writing, you might get a very different response.

So sure, we're assholes and we like to give each other a hard time - it's how you know you're welcome here - it's odd, I know, but along with that, we're also showing the general expectations for the communicationz on this hea foram!

If you don't believe me, just watch and see what these guys are going to do with this here post of mine....
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

AKA "Devaclis"

First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    If you don't believe me, just watch and see what these guys are going to do with this here post of mine....
    Spooph, you oughta know we don't take just any bait...
    we're waiting til you don't expect it.
    Go on...
    Ask a serious question...
    I dare ya...
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

lol, I knew I could count on ya'lls!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Well, I GUESS you could surgically add teats to a boar hog, but.......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)