Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony Acquited?!?

Re: Casey Anthony Acquited?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    ......she did not want to be on the hot seat..
    If you were from FL you would know that the residents affectionately call it "Old Sparky".

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

... did someone say "holier than thou"...?

When Dana's the voice of reason it doesn't look like you guys need my help derailing this one any further...
    j/k, D

Seriously though,
    The system is set to err on the side of the possibly guilty to try and avoid punishing the innocent. It's not perfect, but I hope I'm not the only one who'd rather let a killer go free than take an innocent man's lifetime.

EDIT: (I know in this case it was a chick.)
    Last edited by cptschlongenheimer; Tue Jul 5th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

i canst stand FL. (better known as America's wang).....whole different country

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    She lied to authorities, lied to the judge and jury. She's gotta be 100% innocent.
    It's not about being 100% innocent, it's about what the prosecution can prove... beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yes, I admit that I am angry that there likely will never be true justice for Caylee Anthony. However, guilty verdicts are not doled out for the sake of vengeance, anger, or the satisfaction of any other emotion. Guilty verdicts are reserved for specific cases when evidence proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence in this case was, admitted so by the prosecution, entirely circumstantial - and arguable by many experts for the defense.

While the odds are good Casey had first hand involvement in her daughter's death - the proof simply wasn't there (from what was publicized in the media). I actually give credit to the jury for reaching the verdict they did, given the public outcry over this case.

Think of it on the flip side: if you were implicated in a crime with serious consequences (long jail sentence, death, etc.) would you want to be judged on emotion - or evidence? Would you want the outcome of your life determined by "the odds" pointing towards your guilt or innocence? Probably not.

Hats off to this jury for not succumbing to their anger or hate, and evaluating the evidence presented objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by cptschlongenheimer View Post
    It's not perfect, but I hope I'm not the only one who'd rather let a killer go free than take an innocent man's lifetime.
    +1

Well said.

^All of this is quite true, doesn't mean I think it doesn't blow harder than Brad on a Friday night. I happen to believe she did it and wish karma would catch up with her.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    It's not about being 100% innocent, it's about what the prosecution can prove... beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yes, I admit that I am angry that there likely will never be true justice for Caylee Anthony. However, guilty verdicts are not doled out for the sake of vengeance, anger, or the satisfaction of any other emotion. Guilty verdicts are reserved for specific cases when evidence proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence in this case was, admitted so by the prosecution, entirely circumstantial - and arguable by many experts for the defense.

While the odds are good Casey had first hand involvement in her daughter's death - the proof simply wasn't there (from what was publicized in the media). I actually give credit to the jury for reaching the verdict they did, given the public outcry over this case.

Think of it on the flip side: if you were implicated in a crime with serious consequences (long jail sentence, death, etc.) would you want to be judged on emotion - or evidence? Would you want the outcome of your life determined by "the odds" pointing towards your guilt or innocence? Probably not.

Hats off to this jury for not succumbing to their anger or hate, and evaluating the evidence presented objectively.

Dont recall saying she should have been judged on the emotions of the masses. Like you said...odds are good she did some evil shit. Lotta fail with the case on just about every level. Hence my WTF.

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    ...I happen to believe she did it and wish karma would catch up with her.
    I don't, however, disagree with this.
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

Dearest Casey,

Now that you've been exonerated, how about I join you and together we can go on a life long mission to find the real killer.

Regards,
    O.J.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    ^All of this is quite true, doesn't mean I think it doesn't blow harder than Brad on a Friday night.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    ...odds are good she did some evil shit. Lotta fail with the case on just about every level.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Don't do it! Just call Shenanigans
    icwatudidthar
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Fuck that cunt.... She will get hers.

Whoever said she will do time for lying is right, about 5 months because she will have 3 years time served and each count of lying (4) is a max of one year prison time. So if she does not get the max she walks away same day as sentencing
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Hopefully she can find a real job, become productive to society and move on with her life ... Looks like she will be walking on Thursday...... .She will forever be grateful to Jose.

1 sentence summarizes this whole thing, I wish I could take credit for it: "It is better for 100 guilty men to go free than for 1 innocent man to be unjustly punished"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Dearest Casey,

Now that you've been exonerated, how about I join you and together we can go on a life long mission to find the real killer.

Regards,
    O.J.
    they are re-writing the next episode of southpark as we speak...

I hope karma will roll her, but I hope she is truly innocent.

can't think of anything worse that living with so much guilt, even if you do fool everyone else. maybe i am just too good a person...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

How can anyone say she's not guilty or that the prosecution "didn't prove their case"? SRSLY? Her daughter disappeared for, what 30 days before she reported her missing?? No parent that DIDN'T kill their kid does that shit. Me, I hope she gets whacked as soon as she gets out, her parents too, and those fucking idiot jurers need their heads examined. Oh, and I hope that lawyer gets whacked too.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I know it sucks but what we have to remember is the prosecution went after Murder 1. The only real evidence they had was the smell in the car and that can be argued. We have to understand what without a reasonable doubt means. It has to be hard proven..Without DNA evidence, video, sworn testimony or any of that hard to prove wrong stuff everything becomes circumstantial. Now if they would have went for murder 2, or something else, then maybe. The defense said she was guilty of disposing of her childs body after death and remember they never found a cause of death for little Caylee.

Emotions aside and going off strictly evidence Murder 1 was a stretch
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Clearly, I am going to have to catch myself up, with what down in this case.

"I'll take 2011 news makers, for $800 please, Alex."
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

What you have to understand is that its the "legal" system not the "justice" system. All the defense has to do is prove that the prosecution aint got shit and she walks... Even with her admitting that Caylee IS gone.

Last edited by bendavis; Tue Jul 5th, 2011 at 07:03 PM.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

The jurors were most likely instructed (like they should have been) that they can find her guilty on a lesser charge if they felt the evidence did not support murder 1, not that they should just find her not guilty of everything. As far as "circumstantial" evidence, that IS enough to render a guilty verdict, as long as it was beyond a reasonable doubt, which is a threshold that's different for everyone. In fact, sometimes guilty verdicts are rendered WITHOUT A BODY, and that's perfectly legal. For me, as I said, as a parent, knowing that she didn't even report her daughter missing while she went on this 30-day concurrent party-spree is enough to establish her guilt. She wouldn't have done that unless she WAS guilty. She is a pathological liar, cold-blooder killer, and a psychopath. She deserved to fry, and now she's gonna walk because the jury was comprised of idiots like the OJ jury. What, these idiots want a fucking Youtube video for them to be able to establish guilt????? WTF???
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

So despite my making light of this earlier, I did go read the Wiki about this little girl's death, and I don't mean to diminish that. I have young daughters myself, and this is a pretty heartbreaking tragedy at its more core level. Obvioulsy something does not add up in this case, and the elder C. Anthony seems to somehow be a benefactor here, with this verdict. The person who should have been the closest to that poor child, obviously failed her and there's no punishment that can fix that.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson