Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony Acquited?!?

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Casey Anthony Acquited?!?

I just watched the most f#cked-up thing ever: Casey's lead lawyer was interviewed while a little tipsy from the celebration party, and he just said that Caylee's death was an "accident that snowballed". WTF??? He just admitted Casey's guilt and subsequent cover-up. Not only that, this fucking parasite defended her KNOWING she was guilty. Still believe she's innocent? Like OJ's book "If I'd done It".... Riiiiiiggghhhhttt.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    ...he just said that Caylee's death was an "accident that snowballed". WTF??? He just admitted Casey's guilt and subsequent cover-up.
    No - this has nothing to do with "guilt" with respect to the charges against her - this was their defense from day 1 of the trial... Casey drowned in a pool, and instead of calling the police, they (the Anthony family) panicked and moved to cover up the accident. I'm not saying this is what happened - just sharing the defense presented at trial.

Whether or not you believe the story, an accidental drowning does not equal premeditated murder, or manslaughter.

I just watched the most f#cked-up thing ever: Casey's lead lawyer was interviewed while a little tipsy from the celebration party, and he just said that Caylee's death was an "accident that snowballed". WTF??? He just admitted Casey's guilt and subsequent cover-up. Not only that, this fucking parasite defended her KNOWING she was guilty. Still believe she's innocent? Like OJ's book "If I'd done It".... Riiiiiiggghhhhttt.....
    Obviously, you probably did not follow this trial close enough, if at all. You probably have better things to do, and thats OK too. That piece of information was news on DAY 1 of the trial.
    And why, in your opinion, is Jose (her lawyer) a parasite ????? Seems like you must not like lawyers ???? I just have a hard time understanding the reasoning behind some of your comments sometimes....

I didn't follow the trial at all, just read a few things here and there... I do have a few questions... If Caylee accidentally drowned in the family pool like they (the defense) claimed, why didn't they call the ambulance?... what about the duct tape on the face in the plastic bag that the body was in... what was that for if she's already dead? How did they explain that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
    I didn't follow the trial at all, just read a few things here and there... I do have a few questions... If Caylee accidentally drowned in the family pool like they (the defense) claimed, why didn't they call the ambulance?...
    The prosecution said it was because one of the things her mother wanted to do was enter a hot bodies contest at a local club.

what about the duct tape on the face in the plastic bag that the body was in...
    The duct tape and plastic bag had no connection to the little girl, No DNA, Blood or anything. A Non-Phonetics Laboratory said it smelled like something had died in it but they had no idea what it was.

what was that for if she's already dead? How did they explain that one?
    The prosecution didn't, which was the problem they had with the whole case. They concentrated on how the mother acted after the disappearance and the lies she told police. If she acted this way she must have killed her child on purpose. They could never say how, where and when the child died, not even a motive.

It's simple to understand if you take into account the pressure from certain people in the press saying that this woman had to be guilty. The DA made a circumstantial case because they believed they didn't need facts to convict, they were counting on the public outrage to do their job for them. After all most jury's typically side with the prosecution.

I guess this jury decided you can't send someone to be executed without some facts to support their guilt. The people to blame here is the DA for not doing their job. It was their case to lose.

MRA Racer No.427

I wish you a defense attorney in your next life sir.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    They could never say how, where and when the child died, not even a motive.
    Boom. Snowman is on it!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20077129.shtml

And yes, as has already been stated, prosecutions have successfully established guilt without even a body in other cases. But even in those instances they usually had some corroborating evidence to bolster their case, such as blood stains, fibers, gunshot residue, fingerprints, phone taps, confessions to third parties (hearsay), partial confessions (or retracted statements), or even some type of crime scene to establish an act of violence/force.

Unfortunately (for the prosecution) this case had none of that. Zip - zero - nada. Their only case was a dead body, a non "normal" reaction to the death of a child, a "Bella Vita" tattoo, and a hot body contest... and that should send some one to the electric chair?

I'm in no way defending/condoning Casey Anthony's actions/behavior following the disappearance of her child - but the prosecution simply failed to argue a case worthy of a death sentence.

Glad this is not someone I know, I might be willing to go away a long time to watch them be buried in a hole, and there are a lot of holes in the desert. Casey never be found again.

The prosecution said it was because one of the things her mother wanted to do was enter a hot bodies contest at a local club.
    ??? I'm confused. The mom wanted to be in the hot bodies contest? That's why they didn't call the ambulance when the kid drowned? They "admitted" that they kid drowned in the pool. But still... what's with the duct tape?

The duct tape and plastic bag had no connection to the little girl, No DNA, Blood or anything. A Non-Phonetics Laboratory said it smelled like something had died in it but they had no idea what it was.
    I thought the body was in the bag with duct tape taped to the face. They also found the same type of bag and duct tape in her house.
    "December 11, 2008, human remains were found in a plastic bag. Duct tape was found on the face of the skull. On December 12, the remains were tentatively identified as Caylee's."
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

??? I'm confused. The mom wanted to be in the hot bodies contest? That's why they didn't call the ambulance when the kid drowned? They "admitted" that they kid drowned in the pool. But still... what's with the duct tape?
    Exactly the DA never gave a reason based on facts for this. They don't know why she didn't call the police and never elaborated on it. They thought they didn't need to.

I thought the body was in the bag with duct tape taped to the face. They also found the same type of bag and duct tape in her house.
    "December 11, 2008, human remains were found in a plastic bag. Duct tape was found on the face of the skull. On December 12, the remains were tentatively identified as Caylee's."
    Yes, and yet they didn't send it to a crime lab for confirmation. The the same duct tape and plastic bags are in your house, my house and 80% of the homes in the country. So they could of just as easily said it was you who put her in the bag. (Where were your when this happened and are you missing any plastic bags?)

I have no idea what happen because the DA didn't do their job.

MRA Racer No.427

I Googled her name... looks like she's a party girl... maybe the kid was holding her back from her partying???

I Googled her name... looks like she's a party girl... maybe the kid was holding her back from her partying???
    And for this DA, that reason alone was enough to have her executed. At least that is what that DA told the jury.

Now given only that opinion and no other facts would you be responsible for sending someone to their death?

What scares me more is that most juries will convict someone on just such an opinion because of the way the system is slanted to favor the prosecution.

MRA Racer No.427

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I guess this jury decided you can't send someone to be executed without some facts to support their guilt. The people to blame here is the DA for not doing their job. It was their case to lose.
    Bingo.

What scares me more is that most juries will convict someone on just such an opinion because of the way the system is slanted to favor the prosecution.
    I'm not sure I agree.

It's one thing to sit on here and say you'd do something based on what you saw on TV. It's entirely another to sit in a jury box or deliberation room, and have to be the person to render a decision that will either forever alter the life of a guilty party, or prevent someone from going to jail without due process or proof that you still think might be guilty. I've had to do it on an assault case, and even being far less than murder it's still a heavy responsibility.

Whether you as a juror like or dislike the defendant, attorneys, judge, victim, etc are irrelevant, equally as much as gut feelings on the topic. The ONLY thing that matters is whether the prosecution has unequivocally proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a person is guilty. If they didn't meet that burden of proof completely, then a jury's instructions are quite clear.

I don't envy this jury, or the ridicule they are facing nationwide from people who have absolutely no idea what went on in that jury room. Moreover I commend them for doing the right thing, even though it was a difficult decision, and holding the legal rights of all of us as the highest standard. That took a lot of balls.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    I don't envy this jury, or the ridicule they are facing nationwide from people who have absolutely no idea what went on in that jury room. Moreover I commend them for doing the right thing, even though it was a difficult decision, and holding the legal rights of all of us as the highest standard. That took a lot of balls.
    So if we have no idea what went on inside that jury room, how do we know they did the right thing? Commend them for making the decision you think was right? Sounds a lot like the people damning them for making what they thought was the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Interesting article. Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    I'm not sure I agree.

It's one thing to sit on here and say you'd do something based on what you saw on TV. It's entirely another to sit in a jury box or deliberation room, and have to be the person to render a decision that will either forever alter the life of a guilty party, or prevent someone from going to jail without due process or proof that you still think might be guilty. I've had to do it on an assault case, and even being far less than murder it's still a heavy responsibility.

Whether you as a juror like or dislike the defendant, attorneys, judge, victim, etc are irrelevant, equally as much as gut feelings on the topic. The ONLY thing that matters is whether the prosecution has unequivocally proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a person is guilty. If they didn't meet that burden of proof completely, then a jury's instructions are quite clear.

I agree with your promise of what juries should be. The statistic I saw was running 81% juries agreeing with prosecutions. Since most cases are plea bargained out to prevent a jury trial by most defendants, I would think this number would be lower.

MRA Racer No.427

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    So if we have no idea what went on inside that jury room, how do we know they did the right thing? Commend them for making the decision you think was right? Sounds a lot like the people damning them for making what they thought was the wrong decision.
    And only 12 people on the planet actually know what happened in that room, so a lot of people are damning them based on what they watched on TV. It's ridiculous.

The right thing to do was uphold due process and the legal standards our country affords citizens, no more no less. Do you really think these jurors were too stupid to know everyone thought that lady was guilty? I'm pretty sure at least some of them went into it thinking the same thing. Regardless, I DO commend them for taking on the responsibility, and doing the right thing. That doesn't mean I agree that she is innocent; I'm not even sure the jury truly feels she didn't do it, but that does not matter. The only thing that matters is whether the prosecution was able to absolve all doubt to her guilt, and they obviously didn't do that.

I agree with your promise of what juries should be. The statistic I saw was running 81% juries agreeing with prosecutions. Since most cases are plea bargained out to prevent a jury trial by most defendants, I would think this number would be lower.
    Perhaps the prosecution is able to meet their burden 81% of the time? They don't always get it right, but the fact is they are there to put shitbags in jail.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

It's unfortunate to see and hear so many people using the terms "innocent" and "not guilty" interchangeably.

"Innocent" means that this person did not commit the crime.

"Not Guilty" means that the court could not prove that this person committed the crime based on the evidence and testimony given.

They are NOT interchangeable.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Not Proven

I'd tap that!
    -wait-
    Is that baby blood behind her?

Seriously, CA is acquitted. I'm over it & slept just fine last night.

We live very close together. So, our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

The Dalai Lama
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post

I'd tap that!
    -wait-
    Is that baby blood behind her?

Seriously, CA is acquitted. I'm over it & slept just fine last night.
    I think we need to start a count down til her first Porno comes out.

Cause you know that sooner or later that gem will be coming down the pike. Somehow, somewhere, someone has already got it in the works.

Attachment 18394

Attachment 18395
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Casey "Winning" Anthony

Yeah, she's got the Baby's Blood.........
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Go right ahead Tap that...Guess you have an STD, I rather stay clean myself...LOL