Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Cycle Monkey

Hey Cycle Monkey

Though you might get a kick outta this..

In one fell swoop last week, the Obama Administration essentially suspended deportations of illegal immigrants who aren't dangerous felons.

It was widely reported last week that the Obama Administration used executive fiat to pass the DREAM ACT, which allows illegal immigrants brought here as children to stay. But the administration actually went much further than that. An Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) memo virtually decreed that it is now immigration enforcement policy in this country not to deport anyone except those with violent criminal histories. And even those with criminal histories may be eligible for a pass on deportation because their histories will be considered on a case by case basis, according to the memo.

In it, ICE Director John Morton suggests immigration enforcement officers and courts should exercise "prosecutorial discretion" when considering deportation arrests or proceedings if illegals meet any one of about two dozen criteria. Just about every illegal immigrant in the county would fall under at least one of the criteria.

For instance, the memo suggests that living here a long time should be considered as grounds for ending deportation proceedings. The memo incentivizes illegals to put down roots in their communities and rewards them for it. If they create community ties by joining a church or other groups, if they take a job from an American and develop a record of holding it, it can help them avoid deportation.

If they have other family members living here, illegal or not, they can also get a pass on deportation. Got a cousin who served in the military? Any family member will do. Military service of a family member is another way to avoid deportation and should be considered in deportation legal proceedings, according to the memo.

In a press release this week, Chris Crane, President of the National ICE Council, which represents approximately 7,000 ICE agents and officers, said that ICE worked hand-in-hand with immigrants rights groups to develop the new enforcement policies and that they are a "law enforcement nightmare" that is "a means for every person here illegally to avoid arrest or detention."

"Any American concerned about immigration needs to brace themselves for what's coming," said Crane. "This is just one of many new ICE policies in queue aimed at stopping the enforcement of U.S. immigration laws in the United States. As officers we will never know who we can or cannot arrest."

The new policy of lawlessness for the privileged illegal immigrant criminal class was on full display last week as illegal immigrants openly took part in a Senate hearing on the DREAM Act with Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, the country's top immigration officer, sitting on front row.

As Human Events reported, Napolitano actually went so far as to tell the subcommittee that although those gathered were part of the population that is subject to deportation, there would be no enforcement of the law that morning. Earlier in the week, when asked in another hearing if a drunk driving conviction would keep an illegal alien from getting amnesty under the DREAM Act, she wouldn't answer the question.

Re: Hey Cycle Monkey

The building just shook... I think it was a shock wave from Frank's head exploding.

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

In before the lock.

Frank, make sure to take your blood pressure meds today, OK?
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

There a link to the original article?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Spot poking the monkey...

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    There a link to the original article?
    It's pretty obvious that it comes from some sort of 'we hate illegals' website or blog, not a legitimate news organization. Take it with a bag of salt.

IBTCM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DFab View Post
    It's pretty obvious that it comes from some sort of 'we hate illegals' website or blog, not a legitimate news organization. Take it with a bag of salt.
    http://www.iceunion.org/download/283...etion-memo.pdf

http://www.iceunion.org/download/286...se-pd-memo.pdf

"Any American concerned about immigration needs to brace themselves for what’s coming," said Chris Crane, President of the National ICE Council which represents approximately 7,000 ICE agents, officers and employees," this is just one of many new ICE policies in queue aimed at stopping the enforcement of U.S. immigration laws in the United States. Unable to pass its immigration agenda through legislation, the Administration is now implementing it through agency policy."

How legitimate is ICE? How many licks does it take to get to the center of tootsie pop? The world may never know.

Actually, I think the original ARTICLE is here:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...mmigrants.html

Your ICE Union reference is the union's response to the directive that is cited in the article.

I think American Thinker falls pretty far to the right on the political spectrum.
    Last edited by Filo; Wed Jul 6th, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post

Your ICE Union reference is the union's response to the directive that is cited in the article.

I think American Thinker falls pretty far to the right on the political spectrum.
    So you're saying Frank may have already gotten their newsletter?

MRA Racer No.427

Please don't feed the animals. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post

GASP! Nooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Please don't feed the animals. Thank you.
    You're right. We need more dull threads that end after .5 pages.

IBTL!!!

and when C_M heard this news

Attachment 18393
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Sorry I haven't responded sooner guys, I was cleaning and loading rounds for my Barrett and getting all the claymores ready........

When I finish my electrical work today, I'll give those articles a look.

Interesting that they say that if a criminal has been committing a crime for a long time, that makes it ok. Hmmmmm, maybe we should give meth labs that have been operating continually for years a pass too?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

How legitimate is ICE? How many licks does it take to get to the center of tootsie pop? The world may never know.
    WooHoo! Way to circumvent due process and the enforcement of federal laws already on the books ObaMao!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Sorry I haven't responded sooner guys, I was cleaning and loading rounds for my Barrett, loading my rocket launcher, boarding my house up, and getting all the claymores ready........

When I finish getting the codes to arm my nuclear warheads I'll give those articles a look
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

ICE Union != ICE

ICE Union claims to represent "7,600 bargaining unit employees" whatever the fuck that means, and claims 2,300 members. I would also take both numbers with a bag of salt as these type of organizations like to inflate their membership numbers. Total number of ICE employees is over 20,000. I think a fair description of the ICE Union would be a small group of people who at some point have been associated with ICE that hate illegal immigrants and the Obama administration.

Here is the original memo. You should read it.

It seems quite reasonable to me. ICE doesn't have the resources to deport every illegal they come across, so they have to prioritize who gets deported using prosecutorial discretion. For example, if someones legal residency recently expired and they've been here legally for a long time, they can be given a low priority for deportation.

Here's an important bit:
    As there is no right to the favorable exercise of discretion by the agency, nothing in this
    memorandum should be construed to prohibit the apprehension, detention, or removal of any
    alien unlawfully in the United States or to limit the legal authority of ICE or any of its personnel
    to enforce federal immigration law. Similarly, this memorandum, which may be modified,
    superseded, or rescinded at any time without notice, is not intended to, does not, and may not be
    relied upon to create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable a t law by any
    party in any administrative, civil, or criminal matter.

George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    One hands in the trigger. The other is flippin the switches, while I watch you Bitches...
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    One hands in the trigger. The other is flippin the switches, while I watch you Bitches...
    You're a poet and you didn't even know it!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DFab View Post
    ICE Union != ICE

ICE Union claims to represent "7,600 bargaining unit employees" whatever the fuck that means, and claims 2,300 members. I would also take both numbers with a bag of salt as these type of organizations like to inflate their membership numbers. Total number of ICE employees is over 20,000. I think a fair description of the ICE Union would be a small group of people who at some point have been associated with ICE that hate illegal immigrants and the Obama administration.

Here is the original memo. You should read it.

It seems quite reasonable to me. ICE doesn't have the resources to deport every illegal they come across, so they have to prioritize who gets deported using prosecutorial discretion. For example, if someones legal residency recently expired and they've been here legally for a long time, they can be given a low priority for deportation.

Here's an important bit:
    Surely you aren't trying to suggest that this memo was some sort of attempt by part of the government to allocate resources to best serve the people are you? HERESY! But Obama did it! It must be bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    You're a poet and you didn't even know it!
    Nah, he's just a Canuck who don't give a fuck!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian