Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/20 Memorial Ride/Fundraiser for Dave Camp's Daughter

Re: 8/20 Memorial Ride/Fundraiser for Dave Camp's Daughter

This is going to be a cool event!

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Updated your first post with the ride details.
    Thanks John! I went in and actually changed your times. We initially talked about leaving Moco at 9am but changed it to 8:30am to make sure we have time to putz around at Deckers for a bit and still get to The Walnut Room by or before noon.

I hope that doesn't mix everybody up. If they've been following the thread, they should be in on the 8:30am time slot. I'll post that on the Social Events thread as well. All the flyers say meet at 8am/leave at 8:30am as well.

Gary

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Awesome. I didn't know that.

It would be good for the leaders/sweepers to get there early to meet up and go over everything. Then we could figure out who is leading, sweeping, etc.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Yeah, I'm SO glad you did that actually. I didn't realize that confusion existed in the context of the thread so hopefully everybody who plans on going knows the actual timing. I added that to the Social Events thread too.

Good idea on the leaders/sweepers getting there early.

Thanks again...
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    Yeah, I'm SO glad you did that actually. I didn't realize that confusion existed in the context of the thread so hopefully everybody who plans on going knows the actual timing. I added that to the Social Events thread too.

Good idea on the leaders/sweepers getting there early.

Thanks again...
    Gary
    Sean, Outlawd, and myself should all be getting there right around 8, probably a few minutes before.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Sent out a PM to everyone on the list.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Copy, and replied. I can always go straight over to the MoCo if need be.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

Replied to Wicky. I think 8 should be okay. Esp since we have three lead/sweep in the northie group.

Gary, I'll prob sweep, can you pm the route you want to take, just so we can be 100% sure and there is no confusion?

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Sent out a PM to everyone on the list.
    Might i be able to get involved in this group and PM since ill be caging it ill be behind the last sweeper and whomever that is id like to talk to them and figure out what pace they want to go and what not.

cross posted to VFRW and ADVrider. I think there's about three guys over there who ride pavement too.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Might i be able to get involved in this group and PM since ill be caging it ill be behind the last sweeper and whomever that is id like to talk to them and figure out what pace they want to go and what not.
    Just look for the white and black signs with a speed limit posted on it.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Just look for the white and black signs with a speed limit posted on it.
    Thank you for that obvious answer...not exactly what i meat though...i meant in regards to what time the early people are going to be there as well as talking to the sweeper so i don't get too close to them for their comfort.

Thank you for that obvious answer...

talking to the sweeper so i don't get too close to them for their comfort.
    so I should keep my obvious answer to myself on that one too?

just poking some fun man, but there's probably no need to over think some things.
    Last edited by TinkerinWstuff; Wed Aug 17th, 2011 at 09:37 AM.

1999 DR650SE

Thank you for that obvious answer...not exactly what i meat though...i meant in regards to what time the early people are going to be there as well as talking to the sweeper so i don't get too close to them for their comfort.
    Just go at a truck pace, don't try and keep up. If anything happens to our group, you will see them. I think Sean will be the one you will need to talk to about it. Some of us are getting there around 7:45, but it looks like others think it'll be fine to show up at 8.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    so I should keep my obvious answer to myself on that one too?

just poking some fun man, but there's probably no need to over think some things.
    I know and normally id be on it like white on rice as you have seen on other threads but im not playing that card in this thread hope to meet you on saturday!!!

Just go at a truck pace, don't try and keep up. If anything happens to our group, you will see them. I think Sean will be the one you will need to talk to about it. Some of us are getting there around 7:45, but it looks like others think it'll be fine to show up at 8.
    Thank you ill prob be there at 0730 then im always too early ill talk to sean at moco!

see you all there!

Thank you ill prob be there at 0730 then im always too early ill talk to sean at moco!

see you all there!
    I'll be there by 8:00 per my meet up thread. I plan on sweeping (if it's needed) for any group that wants to do the speed limit-5/10mph over. I'm not looking to tear it up. It's a benefit ride, not a canyon run for me. I just plan on having fun, meeting up with some folks and celebrating the life of a fallen rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I'll be there by 8:00 per my meet up thread. I plan on sweeping (if it's needed) for any group that wants to do the speed limit-5/10mph over. I'm not looking to tear it up. It's a benefit ride, not a canyon run for me. I just plan on having fun, meeting up with some folks and celebrating the life of a fallen rider.
    +1, Lead or sweep for me. Nice smooth pace is what is desired.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BC14 View Post
    +1, Lead or sweep for me. Nice smooth pace is what is desired.
    I'll try to meet up with you guys as early as possible, but I may not get there until 8ish. I'm still planning on coming up through Deckers to clear the road before we send a bunch of riders through there.

With this being a sizeable group ride, I figured we would just take it nice and easy, right? No need for hauling the mail with a hundred riders out there.

Yes, I agree with you guys that we should take it easier than normal but to be realistic there will be riders who have different interpretations of an easy pace. So I think we should split the ride into a "spirited" pace, "medium" pace, and a "scenic" pace.

Everybody just has to be honest with themselves and the group as far as how fast they feel like going. Personally I love Deckers and feel very comfortable on that road and even if I tell myself I'll go at a more scenic pace I know I'll end up riding more at a spirited pace.

The other question is do we stop at the crash site or not? There might be too many bikes to do that and we certainly don't have to stop there. We can all just meet up at Deckers, shoot the sh!t for a bit, get refreshed, and then head to The Walnut Room.

I thought about stopping too, but I think with that many bikes, it wouldn't be a good idea. Even with 5 bikes parked on the side of a road, people in cages can't help but cause issues because they are a bunch of looky-loos.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    Yes, I agree with you guys that we should take it easier than normal but to be realistic there will be riders who have different interpretations of an easy pace. So I think we should split the ride into a "spirited" pace, "medium" pace, and a "scenic" pace.

Everybody just has to be honest with themselves and the group as far as how fast they feel like going. Personally I love Deckers and feel very comfortable on that road and even if I tell myself I'll go at a more scenic pace I know I'll end up riding more at a spirited pace.

The other question is do we stop at the crash site or not? There might be too many bikes to do that and we certainly don't have to stop there. We can all just meet up at Deckers, shoot the sh!t for a bit, get refreshed, and then head to The Walnut Room.

PM SENT IN REGARDS TO THIS

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

We'll cover ride rules, group splits, etc that morning. Expect 4-5 groups of riders, faster folks in front. And no, we do not need 100 people stopping for a crash if one occurs. If you aren't actually helping in some material way, please go elsewhere and wait.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    We'll cover ride rules, group splits, etc that morning. Expect 4-5 groups of riders, faster folks in front. And no, we do not need 100 people stopping for a crash if one occurs. If you aren't actually helping in some material way, please go elsewhere and wait.
    He wasn't referring to stopping IF someone crashed he meant stopping where Dave crashed and lost his life.