Thread: Ride tomorrow ( Friday the 15th )

Ride tomorrow ( Friday the 15th )

Picking up my bike from faster tomorrow when they open at 9 and plan to head straight up to the 7-11 ( i think ) right at the bottom of golden gate canyon, 30% chance of rain starts at 11 so route is to be determined, thinking something involving GG and P2P obviously, really open to suggestions though.

Pace will be your own, im hoping to be at the gas station at 9:45, KSU at 10?

Any interest?

Re: Ride tomorrow ( Friday the 15th )

leaving now to pick up my bike, text me if you are planning to come

(7) 4 seven 0 - nine sixty six 2

At 7 11 now, meeting with one other rider, anymore coming?

I'd meet up with you around noon if the weather holds out, but most likely it will be shit when I get out this place in 45.

Well you guys were right not to come, the day of getting it together and in perfect riding order someone pulls a u turn over a double yellow on me and i made way too many mistakes to be able to avoid it.

Bike is most likely going to be totaled by insurance, i take full responsibility as their were a TON of ways i could have avoided it.. i dont know what i was thinking...

BIG thanks to Allan, i owe you lunch or whatever you want man.

Damn, that really sucks. Glad you're okay. Guess it's time to start shopping for a new bike?

I had a nice mellow ride. CC Parkway was clean. There was plenty of gravel down coal creek. I ran into Wolfe (forget your name) and he said GG had a lot of crap on it also.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

wtf!! Were they cited for pulling a u-turn in front of you?

Hope you're ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
    Well you guys were right not to come, the day of getting it together and in perfect riding order someone pulls a u turn over a double yellow on me and i made way too many mistakes to be able to avoid it.

Bike is most likely going to be totaled by insurance, i take full responsibility as their were a TON of ways i could have avoided it.. i dont know what i was thinking...

BIG thanks to Allan, i owe you lunch or whatever you want man.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    wtf!! Were they cited for pulling a u-turn in front of you?

Hope you're ok!
    Thanks for asking Sully!! The newb ride i was on with you and a ton of others sticks out in my mind regularly. I hope to have a ride with you when i get my bike repaired / maybe a new bike.

No she was not cited because i made a stupid mistake, she turned her blinker on and then proceeded to pull to the right before making her u-turn, i made the mistake of assuming she was pulling over to let us by and went to pass her.

STUPID mistake to think i knew what a cager was doing, i am OK overall. I think my tailbone is bruised and i have quite a mark from the zipper from my leathers, tomorrow im assuming my ass will be as colorful as my language.

Ill be back in the saddle ASAP, unfortunately it seems i have to learn some lessons the hard way.

EDIT: didnt see your post raven, i am fine and actually went down in golden gate about 5 miles on the way up, we were planning on going from GG to P2P to idaho springs and back down onto 470 through squaw pass and deer creek canyon, would have been SUCH a nice ride had i not made a stupid fucking decision 5 miles into it.

Like i said at the beginning of the post i want to thank Alan ( spelling correct? ) for staying with me and riding down GG to call the police, he was incredibly understanding and i hope i get to ride with him again and show im not as much of an idiot as i lead myself to be.
    Last edited by Survivalism; Fri Jul 15th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Ok.. I'm still saying WTF... If she had her blinker on to pull over to the right, it's her responsibility to make sure there is no traffic before she flips a u-turn. OMG.. I would have totally put that BS on her, therefore she would have to more than likely pay for the reapirs on your bike!!!! I seriously would a beotch! lol .. Please tell me you didn't get a ticket?!

Glad you had your leathers on and it wasn't any worse. We'll ride again, just let me know when you're back up and running
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Ok.. I'm still saying WTF... If she had her blinker on to pull over to the right, it's her responsibility to make sure there is no traffic before she flips a u-turn. OMG.. I would have totally put that BS on her, therefore she would have to more than likely pay for the reapirs on your bike!!!! I seriously would a beotch! lol .. Please tell me you didn't get a ticket?!

Glad you had your leathers on and it wasn't any worse. We'll ride again, just let me know when you're back up and running
    The reason it was my mistake IMO is because she had her blinker to pull to the left, i have had on PLENTY of occasions drivers signal to me to go around using their blinker.. i still dont know WTF i was thinking.

No ticket for either of us, i hope to GOD her insurance pays for the repairs because if they dont im not really sure what im going to do