Thread: American Cancer Society Relay For Life at Washington Park

American Cancer Society Relay For Life at Washington Park

Let me begin by saying I hope no one is seeing this as an inappropriate thing to bring up in a forum. I don't know a lot of you since I have not been as active with the CSC, but since so many of us have lost someone close to us, I wanted to reach out to the group.

Next weekend my wife will be participating in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life at Washington Park, an event dedicated to raising awareness and funding for cancer research. As with so many causes right now, there seems to be a lack of funding, so I am reaching out to see if anyone - individuals or businesses or groups - would like to contribute to the cause.

Just tonight I got a very real reminder how terrible cancer can be - my mom called to let me know her cousin Judy had lost her battle with bone cancer. I just saw Judy in May at a funeral for a different cousin, sadly enough. Judy had battled breast cancer previous to the bone cancer taking her, and her spirit when I saw her in May was not at all suppressed even though I later learned she knew her days were numbered. I also lost an uncle and a great uncle to cancer. Not all stories are have ended this way, though, as I have also seen my cousin battle back from breast cancer.

If you are interested in making a donation to the effort, please PM me and I will get you information about how to be involved. The American Cancer Society Relay for Life is a small way to recognize and / or make a monetary contribution toward a battle that affects so many of us. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,
    Jamie
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

Re: American Cancer Society Relay For Life at Washington Park

I don't think it's inappropriate at all. Best wishes to those who suffer.