Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didn't know they didn't stamp your passport when you cross the border.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I didn't know they didn't stamp your passport when you cross the border.

So for the first time this past weekend, I crossed a US border by land and while I needed to present it and explain myself to the Nth, the incoming country didn't stamp it.

Curious.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Re: I didn't know they didn't stamp your passport when you cross the border.

I've noticed that even when you go overseas by air sometimes they don't unless you ask for it.

Yup yup! Did the run it through a scanner Barn? I've had to ask for a stamp for the last 3 countries I've gone to.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    I've noticed that even when you go overseas by air sometimes they don't unless you ask for it.
    pretty much.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Stamping takes time and money and when they are trying to get people through the crossing as fast as possible, they don't do it. You have to ask.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I was just happy this broad let me in!! She was this good looking, tall blondie, with an accent, so by nature I felt compelled to lie to her; the whole encounter was a struggle. I felt like Booger in Revenge of the Nerds, were he's trying to get the room for rent, and they're all.. "Why are you here? What do you want? What did you come here for? Go Away. How long have you had your rental? What do you want?"
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

The guy allowing me back into the US however; that guy was money! He was like "How high are you?" And I was like... "Hardly at all." And he was like... "Did you get unlimited miles on the Suburban?" and I was like... "Yeah, Chevy's come a long way".
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

People ask to get stamps!!!! If they do it, they do it...I could careless about a stamp.

I don't think it matters to much with Mexico and Canada. It only matters that you have a valid passport. If you need a stamp from those places to give yourself travel credibility, you need to travel more...

Outside of North America, I've always gotten a stamp. Although, I hear that if you go to Cuba (via Mexico or Canada) they won't stamp your passport because the US makes things difficult upon return. However that may be outdated information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I don't think it matters to much with Mexico and Canada. It only matters that you have a valid passport. If you need a stamp from those places to give yourself travel credibility, you need to travel more...

Outside of North America, I've always gotten a stamp. Although, I hear that if you go to Cuba (via Mexico or Canada) they won't stamp your passport because the US makes things difficult upon return. However that may be outdated information.
    So how easy is it to get to Cuba from Mexico or Canada? Been on my bucket list for awhile
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    So how easy is it to get to Cuba from Mexico or Canada? Been on my bucket list for awhile
    I've never gone, so I can't say for sure. But to my understanding, all you have to do is buy two plane tickets (each way). One to Toronto or Mexico City, and then a completely seperate flight to Havana, Cuba. When you arrive, most times they'll put a little piece of paper in your passport and stamp that (instead of the passport itself). All you have to do is hang on to that little piece of paper.

I'm not sure what kind of trouble you get in trying to get back to the states if you have a Cuba stamp? As I said, I've never gone, and I heard this info awhile ago, so there may be more updated travel info that I'm not aware of. I think it's easier to get there these days, but I'm not sure if any US based airlines fly there.

As far as I know, to travel to cuba directly, you have to have a true purpose of the humantarian or scientific backing. If you go to mexico and then to cuba and there isnt a stamp then the US should really have no way or telling that you were there. I could be wrong though
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

^ or be Diplomatic...my father has been to Cuba dozens of times direct from FL.

Yep, you better not go to Israel either and have a passport stamped, because if you then try to go to one of the Arab countries they will say your passport is a fake because there is no country of Israel...my father keeps about 5 active Dip passports for various reasons like this and to get a visa in one and still can travel while its out getting the visa.
    Last edited by modette99; Tue Jul 19th, 2011 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    As far as I know, to travel to cuba directly, you have to have a true purpose of the humantarian or scientific backing. If you go to mexico and then to cuba and there isnt a stamp then the US should really have no way or telling that you were there. I could be wrong though
    I usually trust LP's info. Link

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    So for the first time this past weekend, I crossed a US border by land and while I needed to present it and explain myself to the Nth, the incoming country didn't stamp it.

Curious.
    Must have been Canada, because they would have questioned your brown ass in Mexico!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I was in Vietnam 2 years ago. Vietnam stamped my Visa and then kept it. Upon arrival in the US the customs agent saw no stamp in my passport. I was asked where did you come from, I replied Vietnam. The agent acted like I had pulled a jedi mind trick on him "Move along, Move along".

I was in Turkey and again no stamp.
    I was told Cuba will not stamp a US passport. You can fly to Cuba via Canada or Mexico (as per Playboy).

Weird

Show me your papers!!!

Last edited by puckstr; Tue Jul 19th, 2011 at 10:16 AM.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Who the hell wants to go to Cuba?????

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Who the hell wants to go to Cuba?????

I do

^^^^ Overrated id rather go to Ireland that's one of the few places i havent been yet

^^^^ Overrated id rather go to Ireland that's one of the few places i havent been yet

Whatever. I too want to go to Ireland. Also on my list is Scotland , England, Germany, and Spain.

England and Scotland is scheduled for me in 2012

Lots of countries don't stamp. Entered Holland on my b-day... I looked at my passport being handed back to me, disappointedly and asked why he didn't even say Happy Birthday. Ha! That got a stamp.

N.Africa, Turkey, Malta, and all of S. America travels I had stamps. It seems more regional or even customs agent preference
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Whatever. I too want to go to Ireland. Also on my list is Scotland , England, Germany, and Spain.

England and Scotland is scheduled for me in 2012
    Nice england is awesome your gonna love it!!!

Scotland is pretty sweet i was there in the winter though so it was hard to enjoy it gets cold as hell there.

You should try to go to Bahrain its pretty sweet

Nice england is awesome your gonna love it!!!

Scotland is pretty sweet i was there in the winter though so it was hard to enjoy it gets cold as hell there.

You should try to go to Bahrain its pretty sweet

Ha ha I have been to Bahrain, UAE and even Dijubti. NEVER AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Dijubti. NEVER AGAIN
    +1,00000,00000,00000

fucking place sucks i was stuck on a marine base for a month there!

its Djibouti fyi plus anywere in africa sucks in the summer