Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls who ride, let's get to know each other!

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    Hey Suzi, since you asked about bikes, here is the (sorta) run down, and of course it is all opinion based.
    What type of bike you get is really gonna come down to what you are wanting out of it. Honda makes great, long lasting, easy to maintain bikes...they just don't have the power or handling that a Suzuki or a Yamaha do. They sit relatively low (the 600's at least) and work quite well for shorter women because of that (though for someone like me, it makes it a PIA to ride with long ass legs). Suzuki and Yamaha make a bike that out of the box can compete on the track (I mean, to truely "race" you will need plastics and all). The R6 sits pretty low too, and technically anything can be lowered (suzuki seat height is about the same as the others, but they have a wider stance). Kawi has really come up in the market and the ZX6RR are pretty sweet bikes too (I wouldn't mind a bio hazard orange ZX6RR for the street, even though it is not purple).
    No matter what you get, you really aren't going to be using all it has to offer on the streets, so really it will come down to what you like, what feels good, and what is affordable (and what has the pretty colors ). Best bet is to sit on them all and see what makes you feel like you have the best overall control (reach to clip ons, brakes, peg position, firm footing).
    And that is my opinion, it is worth about what you paid for it.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Re: Girls who ride, let's get to know each other!

Mel ~
    Thank you. I appreciate all the great advise. I'm long legged as well.. sit short cuz I'm high waisted.

I've gone around & sat on different bikes, and now I'm trying to decide. In the beginning, I was wanting a tour..but the more I sat on the sports, I'm leaning towards them. I've always liked Honda.. but now I'm seeing so much more with Suzuki. I don't think I really need anything with alot of power just yet.. I love racing, but not sure if I will race the bike. I'm more into racing cars.. but hey, ya never know.

I know what 'cha mean about the colors.. my fav color is purple.
    ~ Suz ~

Suzi [10:21pm]: ok Monky, get it out.. give it to me

OMG, Monky has a wilted banana!

" ... you need to kick whoever told you that in the dingding!! " Jeff Black

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi";p="242389
    I know what 'cha mean about the colors.. my fav color is purple.

Oh Gawd now you've gone & done it... you said purple, now she's gonna wanna be your bestest-est friend for life.... :P
    "Beauty before anger" ~ Cat118!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Actually I heard that the Suzuki's are going to be alot thinner next year as far as the stance goes...

But hey... I'm vertically challenged and I still ride a GSXR... ...
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully";p="242480
    But hey... I'm vertically challenged and I still ride a GSXR... ...
    'cause you got skilllllzzzz & taste!!!

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly";p="238563
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki";p="238485
    welcome Deb, and holy shnikeys an R1??? Daaaaaayum!!!
    Yeh...the bike is gorgeous and rides so smoothly. I really cant wait to take the bike out for a ride and enjoy it! I had a lot of fun on my ZX6 636 (the most fun bike so far on the track) now I need to compare to this one. hehe

Do you ride around here?
    unfortunately i haven't been able to ride much. Thinking about selling the FZR for now then maybe later get an R6. hmmm buy house or bike, house or bike...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi";p="242227
    Hi Ladies! ~

Suzi ( Suz )
    40's
    Pisces
    Lakewood

I just joined Girls Only.. and boy am I glad it's here. I don't have a bike yet... I'm still working on it. I rode when I was growing up.. mainly my brother's mini bike, and my cousins had bigger bikes that I learned on.

I'm like Mel.. I'm partial to Honda... and I'm having a hard time trying to decide whether I want a touring or sportsbike. I like both, just don't have the funds for both.. lol. I've been sittin' on so many bikes, I think I've confused the hell outta myself doing it. Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

I live in Lakewood, so I know I'm a bit away from all of you in Aurora. Lindsay, I'm all for riding together, and will give you a shout when I get my bike. I need to get myself re-endorsed. It's been years since I've ridden. Here lately, I'm the passenger, and I want to be the driver.

I wanted to buy the Katana from Jason, but someone else got to him before I could. Then I started looking at GOTTI's wife's bike he has listed. I really like it. Hopefully by next Spring, I'll be ready to get up 'n go with you guys.

Thanks for hearing me out.. I love bikes and want to ride as much as I can... this time as the driver though!

Suz
    Quote Originally Posted by fierstf";p="242368
    Hi ladies,

I'm new to riding, and this website.

Frances (or Fran)
    Sag
    Boulder
    SV 650S

I'm single and I don't have kids, so after work I have time to ride. Please contact me if you can get out!! Just keep in mind that I am still pretty new, so you will have to take it easy on me. I am hoping to ride on the track next season to increase my skills. I am looking forward to meeting more women riders!!
    Hi and welcome ladies!!!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Hellos to all y'all

Fran, I am up in Loveland - not too far from you. Although the season is winding down, I am keeping the bike up and running through the winter so if we get a warm spell, hit me up. I bought my bike in May, 'tis a ninjette and I've only put about 4k miles on her so far so I am a pretty mellow rider for both those reasons.
    ...you're one of them, aren't you? No, I'm something else...

It's a trick. Get an axe.
    ~~~ ~~~

"I say let the sky continue to fall on those that expect nothing else, and let the sky continue to be limitless, for those of us who will settle for nothing less." Barn in a sublime moment (well-done!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bat";p="242761
    Hellos to all y'all

Fran, I am up in Loveland - not too far from you. Although the season is winding down, I am keeping the bike up and running through the winter so if we get a warm spell, hit me up. I bought my bike in May, 'tis a ninjette and I've only put about 4k miles on her so far so I am a pretty mellow rider for both those reasons.
    whoa, 4k miles since May??? girl you are ahead of me for sure! I've had my bike a year this month and have only put on about 1800 miles!!!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Suki - chicka...you should come riding with me!!!

Well, I am obsessed - not just with the bike but with getting better. I hate that I still have soooooo much to learn. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. Wanna be better NOW!!! lol, but seriously, I know that it comes with saddle time - so I ride whenever I can shirk my other responsibilities and go.

But hey - you've been on the track, haven't you? I haven't summoned up the ovaries for that yet.

~~~ ~~~

"I say let the sky continue to fall on those that expect nothing else, and let the sky continue to be limitless, for those of us who will settle for nothing less." Barn in a sublime moment (well-done!)

lol, actually i'm considering selling my ovaries and the evil seeds they harbor if you're interested

being on the track is definitely a blast, loved both times out there and look forward to doing it again! The last couple of rides through the canyons left me with shit in my pants as i almost ran off the mountain, ran headon into oncoming cars and trucks, and taking sharp turns that should just not exist!!! but i'm still down for canyon riding, lol, it's getting a sitter for rides that seems to complicate my saddle time

although now that we live further away from grandpa i think a weekend sitter may become available on a regular basis
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Suki";p="242713
    hmmm buy house or bike, house or bike...
    Get a house if you can now. Smartest thing to do right now before "Co-lifornia" becomes similar in that aspect. Then, you can re-fi and buy a couple bikes when the casa's values rise.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

we're looking into buying next year after this lease is up which is why the race bike was sold and why the fizzer may be next. Need to eliminate unnecessary debts so we can start saving and put more towards the house

co-lifornia, lmao!!!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Uh, on that subject.... I am SO in need of a trailer by next spring! It isn't gone yet, is it? I'll chat with yous folks at Kim and Deans tomorrow....

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

nope, still got it and it needs to GO ASAP!!!!! the sooner the better so we can stop paying to store the damn thing since we can't keep it at the new place ( HOA )
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Suki";p="242811
    nope, still got it and it needs to GO ASAP!!!!! the sooner the better so we can stop paying to store the damn thing since we can't keep it at the new place ( HOA )
    Come live in my 'hood. They (not me ) paint their houses Pink. That's what I'm worried about. I'd get a nice trailer and come out one day and it'd be painted pink or tagged. Come to think of it, that'd make the contents look less enticing (sic: Italian bike, exp goodies)

Catch up with ya later

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Board Newbie

As promised, I added a new bike to the garage. I got an '05 ZX6R. I've managed to put 200 of her break in miles on the clock, but have a ways to go. Anybody up for a mellow cruise, feel free to ping on me.

Congrats on your new bike!!

Greywolf that's great and congratulations on gettin' your new bike! I finally got mine just before Christmas, but it's not a sports bike. My bf and I do have a sports bike, but he rides it. I got a great deal on a 2002 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom and I love it. As you all know, purple is my fav color, and it's a beauty. I had been bidding on another bike on EBay, and now I'm glad I missed making a bid. To make a long story shorter, I was contacted by the seller on EBay about other bikes he was going to put on to sell. I went to take a look and there it was, had my name allll over it. It was his wife's bike and wanted what she owed on it. So I got a steal for sure.

If anyone wants to ride, let me know. With my work schedule, I have Sun, Mon & Tuesdays off. Get off Sunday morning at 3am. I can get 4 hrs of zzzz's then I'm ready to roll. I'm wanting to get as much saddle time in as I can get. I'm not as experienced as most of you are, so I want to learn as much as I can. Give me a shout if you're interested. I'm in the Lakewood area, off of Colfax & Simms.
    ~ Suz ~

Suzi [10:21pm]: ok Monky, get it out.. give it to me

OMG, Monky has a wilted banana!

" ... you need to kick whoever told you that in the dingding!! " Jeff Black

Congrats, Greywolf. If you are up Loveland way and it's not too cold - hit me up, I'd love a mellow ride...I'm approaching 5k on my littlest Ninja so still learning therefore I'm not really hauling arse or scraping pegs.

That goes for any of y'all - I still haven't really found a great eastern route - just goofing around on the backroads until summer gets here and we can hit the canyons again.

~~~ ~~~

Hi!

I've been on this forum for a while but couldn't remember my login and never posted here before. I know a few of the gals here *waves* and reckoned a hello was in order.. so "Hi!"

I've been riding since 1975, and love the year-round riding here in Colorado.

I currently ride an Aprilia and here is a smattering of my previous rides..

1990 Honda VFR 750F
    1996 Kawasaki Ninja 600R
    1989 Honda RC30
    1986 Honda VFR 750 Interceptor
    1975 Custom Harley Smorgasborg
    1984 Yamaha Virago 1000
    1983 Honda Shadow 500
    197? Honda XL 125
    197? Honda ST90
    197? Honda ST 50

I'll be at the St. Patty's Day thingimajiggie, so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you there!

Ciao!

PrillerGrrl
    ApriliaFalcoSL1000 - SOLD!
    2007 CBR600RR - Lawnmower on crack.

Hi to all,
    My name is Felicia, I ride a 750 Kaw that I aquired last summer when my youngest daughter graduated high school. I think I am way too young to have kids that old, but hey I started early. (Thats my excuse).

Been drag racing with my husband at Bandimere for 8 years now so going fast doesnt bother me, but that first canyon ride up to Morrison was a shaky ride, Lots of Sphincter action

Look forward to meeting all of you, and riding more this summer. Figures that the weather is good enough to get excited, then it snows. Gotta love Colorado...

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

She said Sphincter.... (I don't know how to spell it)

Anyway... ... Welcome !

Hope to see ya on some rides this summer... hell.. I hope to be on some rides this summer ! damn work ..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Board Newbie

What's up Ladies!

I am Denise! Live in Lakewood, work in Littleton. I have been riding for about a year! Gigi and I have been hoping to meet some other women to go riding with its ussually just the two of us! I ride a kawi and she rides a suzuki. She has been riding for 15 yrs or something like that - a long time! Anyway we would love to go on some rides this year with ya'll!

hey denise, you two should come out this saturday to the parade so we can all meet and have a few brews, i think it's safe to say that after the parade everyone will be at Brecks - some i'm sure will be there while watching the parade.

call me and let me know and i'll look out for you two!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!