Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: passing on the right

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

passing on the right

this is why you don't do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANuDC...eature=related

hope this isnt a repost

Re: passing on the right

moron. I don't care what kind of trackday skills you have, when you put other people at risk like that you're just an asshat.

Yeah, that video has been around for a while. The dude is a complete moron.

hadnt seen it before but when i did i thought "You gotta be shitting me is he really gonna try?"

In Colorado stay right to pass and faster traffic keeps right. SHOULD BE THE LAW. Actually threw the flame throwers on for a left lane hog and passed him on the right in a 65 MPH zone and the trooper behind me lit that guy up too and instead of ticketing him, per state law, just kept going. That's right, FTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Doron&Katie View Post
    In Colorado stay right to pass and faster traffic keeps right. SHOULD BE THE LAW. Actually threw the flame throwers on for a left lane hog and passed him on the right in a 65 MPH zone and the trooper behind me lit that guy up too and instead of ticketing him, per state law, just kept going. That's right, FTP.
    So, it's a State law that the trooper has to ticket him? Wow, I didn't know that! I always thought officers had some sort of discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    So, it's a State law that the trooper has to ticket him? Wow, I didn't know that! I always thought officers had some sort of discretion.
    probably thought the line at dunkin' donuts was getting longer by the second.

BURN!

Yes the officer is your first contact and always has the greatest amount of discression. They also show very poor discression.
    Last edited by Doron&Katie; Tue Jul 19th, 2011 at 04:35 PM.

In Colorado stay right to pass and faster traffic keeps right. SHOULD BE THE LAW.
    Do you know your Lefts and Rights?

If not, make an 'L' with your thumb and index finger you can tell which is which...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Yes I know left from right. If you look around on the highways of colorado you will notice the right lane open and the left lane used as a rolling road block.

Yes the officer is your first contact and always has the greatest amount of discression. They also show very poor discression.
    Is that because you disagree with his decision NOT to write a citation in this case?

Yes I know left from right. If you look around on the highways of colorado you will notice the right lane open and the left lane used as a rolling road block.

I see a lot of people going the speed limit in the left lane, when people are going the speed limit in the right lane meaning you cant get around the people going the speed limit, but I don't really see people going under in the left lane.

In Dallas, it was pretty cut and dry - driving in the left lane will get you ticketed. Here, even though the signs say passing only, people use it to drive in, they don't get the concept...

buuuuut, isnt this all a little off topic? watch the video.

Yes, way off topic. Don't know why I vented here.

Quote Originally Posted by bendavis View Post

I see a lot of people going the speed limit in the left lane, when people are going the speed limit in the right lane meaning you cant get around the people going the speed limit, but I don't really see people going under in the left lane.

In Dallas, it was pretty cut and dry - driving in the left lane will get you ticketed. Here, even though the signs say passing only, people use it to drive in, they don't get the concept...

buuuuut, isnt this all a little off topic? watch the video.
    I do like Texas' "Don't Slow Texas Down--Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs...and I do think better lane discipline would do wonders for everyone, but...a) not going to happen b) tangent...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Is that because you disagree with his decision NOT to write a citation in this case?
    I think Doron is voicing the extreme frustration we experience with these asshats that can't keep their slow asses to the right as the law states, and when there is finally an officer behind one of these schmucks and there is no justice served it is disheartening that a perfectly good opportunity is missed, let alone a chance for the state to generate some needed revenue (I think this is one time no one would object).

yeah man...that was a stoopid move....he was probably just feelin it, y'know invincible...that crash just brought him back dwn...from the cliche of hero to zero...he must of heard all the hoop and hollering on his first turn, with all the sparks shooting out from his bike...

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I think Doron is voicing the extreme frustration we experience with these asshats that can't keep their slow asses to the right as the law states, and when there is finally an officer behind one of these schmucks and there is no justice served it is disheartening that a perfectly good opportunity is missed, let alone a chance for the state to generate some needed revenue (I think this is one time no one would object).
    Yeah, I saw something on the news a while back where they looked at the number of tickets written in the first year after that law was in effect. It was something like seven. Hell, I see that many violations in one day. I got behind a lady one day on 36th and sat behind her for several minutes waiting for her to get over. She was clearly off in another universe. I finally laid on the horn and startled her out of her little reverie and she got over.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Yeah, I saw something on the news a while back where they looked at the number of tickets written in the first year after that law was in effect. It was something like seven. Hell, I see that many violations in one day. I got behind a lady one day on 36th and sat behind her for several minutes waiting for her to get over. She was clearly off in another universe. I finally laid on the horn and startled her out of her little reverie and she got over.
    I understand the complaint. People cruising in the left lane is my number one pet peeve, especially when they pass a dozen signs that all say "State Law Keep Right Except To Pass". I'd be interested in seeing how many citations are written for it now, since the first year is typically used to educate the public.

back on topic!

I wish I had awesome body position and could drag my knee on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    back on topic!

I wish I had awesome body position and could drag my knee on the street.
    WORD

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    WORD
    *****WERD

Quote Originally Posted by bendavis View Post
    *****WERD
    weird

Act like a turd, you get what you deserve.

That's part of the problem. They just do whatever they want to do, and enforce the law however they want to enforce the law. Then they ball it all up into a package and present it to the general public as "discretion". The law is rarely enforced by officers exactly as it's written.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F