Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LONG ass ride from Denver to Bishops Castle 7/23/11

LONG ass ride from Denver to Bishops Castle 7/23/11

Hey all, I was thinking of getting a few people together to do a ride down to Bishops Castle. Prob leave Denver @ 8, and leave the Shell station at S. Academy and 115 @ 9:30-10. I know a few guys in the springs that may want to join, so I was thinking just take I-25 to the springs then over to 115 to Florence, 67 to Sikes, 96 to McKenzie Junction, then 165 all the way to the castle. Depending on how tired people are we could just jump back on I-25 south of Pueblo and take that back, or double back the posted route. I'm probably going to stay in the springs for the night, so I'd have to break off there from the Denver folks. LMK guys and gals.
    -Mick-
    Last edited by MilkMan; Fri Jul 22nd, 2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Setting date.
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Re: Possible LONG ass ride from Denver to Bishops Castle

I would be somewhat interested depending on the day. Might also be a good idea to try to take some canyons on the way down even.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

What day?
    2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR - LEDRider LED Aux Motorcycle Lights

hmmmm
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

Thats a fun route. I'm a maybe.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Christ how did I forget to put the day... I was planning on this Sat the 23rd. The only reason I was thinking of just heading down via 25 was to save some time to try to leave the circle k station on s academy and 115 by around 9:30-10:00. We could maybe take highway 83 down into the springs, well not a canyon roa it is a pretty fun ride! Sat is supposed to be the only day without rain this weekend so I want to put some miles on the gxsr!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!

I may be in for this ride, have yet to venture that far south... Gonna see if i can get Drunktank out the house for this one...

canyons down, 115/25 back up...only like a 8ish hr day then

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancz View Post
    I may be in for this ride, have yet to venture that far south... Gonna see if i can get Drunktank out the house for this one...
    Tell him there are lots of bitches down there, works everytime....
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Wed Jul 20th, 2011 at 08:26 PM.

Eh if this is gonna be this saturday then count me out. I'm gonna go see how many people I can sweep up after behind Vellos.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    canyons down, 115/25 back up...only like a 8ish hr day then
    Ya I dont know if I have the nerves for an 8 hour day! LOL! I think taking 83 down would be fun though! If anyone wants to join let me know and we can take 83 if not I'll just bomb down the highway (the boring way I know) and leave here a little later. LMK fellas!
    -Mick-

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Tell him there are lots of bitches down there, works everytime....
    You need to dust off your riding gear also...

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Eh if this is gonna be this saturday then count me out. I'm gonna go see how many people I can sweep up after behind Vellos.

Yikes! I hope on that aspect your wrong Swift! I dont like hearing and seeing all the downed rider pics and storys. Seems to be a common trend on Vellos ride alongs tho! Some folks don't want to understand what "at your own pace" means...
    -Mick-

My hope is that with every dark comical post I make on these ride threads it will discourage n00bs from riding with us. New riders on this board should be scared about riding in a group. That way they will ride safer and in their comfort zones rather than going "Well if he can take that corner balls hanging out like a boss then I should be able to do a hand stand naked on my seat while going 135mph through the same bend".
    Last edited by Swift; Thu Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:22 AM.

LOL Thats one way to look at it! I'm glad you guys let me tag along with you though. I have been riding for over 6 years, but not at that level in the mountains so I just take my time and slow up the sweeper!!! LOL!!! Me, Nutz, and another member (dont remember his handle but name was Lars) did a ride a few weekends ago, and that was a blast! I still took up the end, but wasn't having to dodge people like Grim or Outlaw, so that was kind of nice! LOL! Sux to hear everyone going down in prime time riding season, well at least when its not fucking raining...
    -Mick-

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancz View Post
    You need to dust off your riding gear also...
    Lol. Took a mini break, busy making the paper foo!

If this shiz was going down on sunday i would rock out with yall....
    If saturday is a no-go let me know.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by MilkMan View Post
    I still took up the end, but wasn't having to dodge people like Grim or Outlaw, so that was kind of nice!
    -Mick-
    ???? Are you implying that i went down and someone had to dodge me?

Where was i when this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post

Down turbo! Pretty sure there is a video floating around of you dodging a rider...

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post

No no not at all. Sorry that came out that way, I meant as in how you and outlaw had to dodge the couple guys that went down in the last few weeks in front of you. I re read what I wrote and see how that could have been understood the wrong way. Sorry man! No hard feelings!
    -Mick-

Re: Possible LONG ass ride from Denver to Bishops Castle 7/23 or 7/24?

Would this work better for everyone to do it on Sunday? I'd like to get a decent group of folks together as it's supposed to be a really fun ride so lmk what date works better for those that are interested. Thank you! After I get opinions I'll edit the thread title to the correct date.
    -Mick-

Totally want to do this but this weekend is just too full. Lunch with my bro thats in town just dropped right smack in the middle of the day. Damn.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

No no not at all. Sorry that came out that way, I meant as in how you and outlaw had to dodge the couple guys that went down in the last few weeks in front of you. I re read what I wrote and see how that could have been understood the wrong way. Sorry man! No hard feelings! .
    no worries i was lust like with is he talking about? besides it wouldn't be the first time someone thought i went down when I didn't when outlawed had to dodge the dude on the gixer matty on here thought it was me who went down.

have a good time on your ride mine is at the crack ass of dawn (the one nobody but madvlad goes on)

Ok just gonna stick to sat. If anyone from Denver/castle rock wants to go let's meet at the conoco in castle rock (the main exit not sure the street name) at 8:15 KSU 8:25 no later than 8:30. Then well leave the circle k in the springs (s academy and 115) no later than 10:00. Hope to see some of you there! Lmk if you plan to go so I know who to look/wait for at each stop.
    -Mick-

LOL Thats one way to look at it! I'm glad you guys let me tag along with you though. I have been riding for over 6 years, but not at that level in the mountains so I just take my time and slow up the sweeper!!! LOL!!! Me, Nutz, and another member (dont remember his handle but name was Lars) did a ride a few weekends ago, and that was a blast! I still took up the end, but wasn't having to dodge people like Grim or Outlaw, so that was kind of nice! LOL! Sux to hear everyone going down in prime time riding season, well at least when its not fucking raining...
    -Mick-
    What's up Mick? That's me - I was on the ride a couple of weeks ago with you and Nutz. That was good times for sure.
    I'm not sure I am going to have enough time to get a Bishops Castle run in this weekend, but let me see what I can work out. I was thinking of dropping one of the bikes off at a shop to get a little work done on saturday morning - so if I do that I won't be able to get a early start on saturday. I definatley need to ride this weekend, I just gotta figure out when I am going to get all my other stuff done. I'll let you know what my plan is.