Thread: Warning from our Security Guard

Warning from our Security Guard

So I generally get to work at around 4:30am to hit the gym for an hour before starting at 6am. Our parking lot can hold several hundred cars, certainly close to 1,000 cars but at 4:30am has maybe 20 cars in it way up next to the building with one truck about half way back on the far side and a truck generally parked in the corner at the entrance. There's a short stretch of road running from the main road to the parking lots. There are also little islands about half way between the rows.

The parking lot also has sealant covering it which makes it treacherous even in dry weather. There's also sand and gravel in places. I dropped the SV last Thanksgiving when I hit a small patch of gravel.

I'll make the right onto the short road and give the 'busa some gas but dropping back down to first before making a slow left into the parking lot. Then gun it a little across 5 lanes diagonally until I get to the last lane (about where the truck parks), make a cautious right into the lane and past the island, then cruise up to the Motorcycle Parking area (concrete slab vs asphalt for the rest) and park.

The security guard is a retired cop and is friends with one of the locals; Boulder County or Longmont cop, I don't recall for sure. They'll occasionally be up on the sidewalk chatting. Yesterday morning they were parked by the entrance near that first truck.

I did my normal run up the short road, then the turn into the parking lot. I saw them and rolled past them giving a nod (which they probably didn't see) then continued on to my spot.

This morning the security guard gave me a little mini lecture about disrespecting the police and how, while he'd done some not smart things in his past ("surprised I made it to get a pension"), he was a little annoyed with how disrespectful I was to them by roaring up the parking lot.

I told him I understand and that I'm generally a pretty cautious rider especially in this parking lot. He said the cop was going to stop me but he talked him out of it because I come in every morning at 4:30am to work out and that he'll talk to me.

So I'll probably be a bit more cautious in the parking lot for the next month or so then slowly get back to my normal riding style

Disrespectful. You're overthinking this.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Re: Warning from our Security Guard

Damn right disrespectful. You didn't stop, get off your bike, give them like 4 Japanese bows, a fruit basket and a good morning.. Gosh!!
    - Jason
    Gixxer 600

1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Wow... Ummm you're not a cop anymore FYI and its private property anyways most likely lol... retired cops make me laugh. No disrespect intended lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I've gotten that from the security guards here at my job too. They have informed me that I go to fast through the parking lot, even though it's at 6:30 am and no one is in the parking lot. And also there is a stop sign that I usually ignore which drives them nuts. As I said, it's 6:30 am, no one is in the parking lot, and you can easily see if there is any people going to cross (stop sign is more for pedestrian safety than cars). It's private property, they can't do anything and I'm not going to change just because they have an authority complex.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Bring him donuts tomorrow.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    mmmmmmm doooooonuts

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post

VAN WILDER style Donuts

Disrespecting...LOL I think I would of mentioned how it was just as disrespectful that the cop & the guard did not return your nod with a wave. If the lot is not busy I don't see what it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Disrespecting...LOL I think I would of mentioned how it was just as disrespectful that the cop & the guard did not return your nod with a wave. If the lot is not busy I don't see what it matters.
    Yeah no kidding.. Ask this guy what happens when you don't return a nod..

- Jason
    Gixxer 600

This makes me laugh. I work security at a Gov. site and laugh at some of the guys I work with. I got a lecture once for not having a front plate on my car. I dont understand guys that have this authority complex that they have to flex what little muscle they have. As long as your being safe and not cutting people off or running crosswalks when children are around I dont see any issue with you rolling on the throttle a bit.
    2005 Pure Sex R6

You know you wanna

next time they are together, stop in front of them, use horn, wave, then burnout to the motorcycle parking.. hey sometimes your throttle can get stuck.. haha or if you dont wanna burn your tires just bring sasha, he has a thing against new tires.. haha
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

This is a perfect example of why I hate cops. And besides, that ex-POS is feeding you a load of bullshit. An officer can't to shit to you on private property unless the property owner makes a complaint.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I'm pretty sure the security guard would be the property owner's agent for filing a complaint and allowing for the writing of a ticket.

BTW, I have a pet peeve about red lights and stop signs. Yeah, sure, you can see nobody's coming. Are you REALLY in that big a rush?

most security are there to monitor the building aka observe and report. a lot of flashlight cops think they are the shit when they "attempt" to go above and beyond what is in there MPS or Mission Partnership Statement. in most MPS' it states; you as the guard are to do patrols in the parking lot. they will take it from there and say i need to be traffic control, warn speeders, make a big deal out of nothing at the crack of dawn, etc... they take their job way too seriously... short and simple they are there for YOUR building to observe and report. just keep saying ok to make them feel better lol

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    BTW, I have a pet peeve about red lights and stop signs. Yeah, sure, you can see nobody's coming. Are you REALLY in that big a rush?
    Running stop signs saves gas
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Running stop signs saves gas
    No shit. Nothing burns my ass more than a traffic control light that changes for no reason. No cross traffic approaching but the light throws you a red.

Come on people, we have the technology to employ more intelligent machines these days.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Come on people, we have the technology to employ more intelligent machines these days.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I would speak up about the no loitering policy and tell the cop to move along...

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

Tell him they should sign up for the live action version of King Of The Hill.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxH7JLVdhc
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Exactly and well played Dirk

1999 DR650SE