Thread: Girls CAN pick up their fallen motorcycle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Where's your strength?

Good information Cathy.

I did notice that all of those videos demonstrated a bike having fallen on its right side though, making use of the side stand once the bike is upright. They should have demonstrated what to do from both directions. While the concept is the same, there is a balance component while trying to get the side stand down. Depending on the ground, this could be difficult from either side.

I guess I would fear having it fall in the opposite direction vs not being able to do it at all.

As for practicing..... I dont think I want to lay my bike down to try it......

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Re: Where's your strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
    Good information Cathy.

I did notice that all of those videos demonstrated a bike having fallen on its right side though, making use of the side stand once the bike is upright. They should have demonstrated what to do from both directions. While the concept is the same, there is a balance component while trying to get the side stand down. Depending on the ground, this could be difficult from either side.

I guess I would fear having it fall in the opposite direction vs not being able to do it at all.

As for practicing..... I dont think I want to lay my bike down to try it......
    lol...yeah, I know they showed proper technique when the kickstand is on the opposite side. There was another video that showed proper technique from either side that was using a F650. But when they asked a woman to pick it up, they showed her not able to pick it up, which I did not like (negates my point -- anyone can do this), but the technique is in this video...

How to pick up a motorcycle...

In each of those videos, the bikes weren't damaged, because they were laid down easily...but, if you don't want to use your own bike, think about a junk-yard bike... or maybe a friend would be happy to put their bike down on the ground.

Oh and I've done this technique several times on various surfaces...
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways