Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexico Bound version #4

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Mexico Bound version #4

Welp, its that time again to head south. I have a welcome break between jobs and am going back south over the border again. This trip is kinda spur of the moment, so we are just gonna wing it like my last trip to the Copper Canyon area. Unlike that last trip where I went solomente, this trip I will have some company. Zetaetatheta and I will be leaving the relative safety of the Colorado Mountians for more interesting locations deeper into Mexico. As we are both seasoned traveler's to our neighbors to the south, the recent activity with the Narco's and the military down there doesn't bother us much. As we will not be engaged in drug/gun/people trafficing, the odds of getting into serious trouble are no greater there than right here in our sleepy little town of C Springs. As usual I will be logging all the route into my brain with a map for future engagements for fun on a bike n Mexico. For anybody that has not rode n Mexico, I would suggest you do if you ever get the chance. The roads are in fairly good shape, with decent markings. The things you never try to do is ride at night, or pass a fuel station. Also there are very few police outside of the towns. I am using a Spot Tracker, and here is the shared page for those of you that might want to see where we have been and guess where we might go.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...dDltqBKajgR8H3

See you in a week or two, hasta la vista!
    Basher
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: Mexico Bound version #4

have a safe trip I'm hoping to do something like this in the near future!

Mexico? What are you talking about, you haven't even left the county yet!

Have a safe trip, I'm looking forward to your write up when you get back.

Nice! Have a great trip! Be safe and ride hard.

Nice dude, long trips ftw.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

*Jealous*

Have fun, and stay safe, don't forget extra cash to cover bribes.
    2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR - LEDRider LED Aux Motorcycle Lights

I'm always glad to see people who aren't phased by the drug violence in Mexico. Have a blast. I bet that will be a sick trip.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Welp, we are enjoying lunch in Truth or Consequences. So far so good, just a boring commute down the I25. We will hit the border and probably get our permits tonite and then just fly thru the checkpoints in the morning. It's right @ 100 degrees. Should be cooler once we get into the mountians as we travel south. Zeta brought his Contour HD video so we will get some vids of the roads down here so you'all will get an idea what Mexico has to offer. Got to keep moving, I will update later.
    It looks like the Spot Tracker is doing it's job, that will make my wifey happy.
    Peace, Basher
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

This is wifey.......

and it does make me happy

cant figure out my old log in and cant post till the mod gods approve my new one

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Safe and fun travels, Mike. Looking forward to seeing the ride reports.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Cool stuff man... have fun out there!
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Mike, I think we're all a bit jealous of you right now Congrats on crossing over into Mexico!

Welp, we are in a room for the night in Juno, Mx. We got caught in a hella strong thunderstorm as we were trying to make time over the border. We had decided to go get our paperwork to enter tomorrow and that went smooth so we figured it was cheaper in Mx than USA, and we were right. I don't know exactly how many miles but it was 660 to El Paso, and we went past there around 5:30. Not bad for a couple of old farts, eh? I have internet here @ the hotel but no phone service, sorry babe. All is well, we will make Creel tomorrow, which is where I saw the shootout down mainstreet last year with the Narco's and the Military. With any luck that wont happen this go-round. Creel is a tourist town where one can catch a train and travel out to the coast and back. Not to many venture down to the bottom as I have done. We probably wont go down till we do our return route later next week. We are just going with the wind this trip, going where the roads lead, instead of a set adgenda. The only requirement is to have a good time and see and experiance new things and places. Thats all for day one, keep checking the Tracking page for future routing.
    Peace,
    Basher

Wifey again......

Hi Honey Have a good day and stay safe

Love ya!!!

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Ahhh yes thanks to Bob I am back
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 636chick View Post
    Ahhh yes thanks to Bob I am back

Sweet, what is this, like the third time you forgot your access password?
    Tisk, tisk.

We have made it to Creel, and it has been raining cats and dogs all afternoon/evening. We acually turned around going over to the falls because of it to avoid getting soaked. We got a bit wet coming into Creel but not to bad. The rain is coming down in sheets right now,sideways, not good. I hope our road out of here isn't flooded away down the canyon or some stuff. Adams got some video from some twisies today, looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Having a great time,tired, going to get some sleep. Hasta!

Board Newbie

Sounds like lots of fun.
    You going to mazatlon?

Just stay away from Acapulco, The beach there had some sort of outbreak of bacteria...saw it on 9 news this morning.

Hey Bash and Zeta,
    Enjoy and be safe, and thanks for sharing your trip via the forum!

Wow, talk about a road built for motorbikes, the Devils Spine, aka route 40 from Durango Mx to Matzalan Mx, is now pushed to the top of my list. I thought route #16 from Hermosillo to Chijuahjua was great, this puts that one back one spot. It has right at 100miles of 2-3 gear twisties along what has to be the most scenic veiws in the world, at least where I have been.
    It has been a couple interesting days for me. The day before last I threw my chain in the middle of Bumfuck and Egypt and had to make a temp repair of the chain, roadside. To make matters worse, it was getting dark as I tried to fix it. I installed a new masterlink, thank god it didn't break anymore that that, chainwise. It did take out the clutch pushrod and seal though. I stuffed some quicksteel around the rod and limped into Rodeo, Mx.
    Spent the next day, yesterday, removing the rest of the broken rod, and plugging the hole with a peso. Yes, a peso and quicksteel. We then rode into Durango, Mx for the night with no clutch. We woke up this morning and did the Diablo Spine, in five hours, with no clutch. Out on the road its not so bad, but in town starting and stopping it's a bitch.
    So here we are, chillin in Matzalan, waiting for parts to come from my lovely wife and Fedex to fix it. Thanks honey!
    It's not an adventure if one stays in thier comfort zone, this has proven that. It could of been worse, it might of wrecked me, and I could be vulture food right now. One more of my nine lives spent, welll worth it now, after the road today and the ones around the Copper Canyon area we rode ealier in the week. Don't expect much the next few days, they will be spent in a drunken stuper.
    Peace,
    Basher

This is how Da South Side does Tounge Piercing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    So here we are, chillin in Matzalan, waiting for parts to come from my lovely wife and Fedex to fix it. Thanks honey!
    Hmmmm let me count how many carats this one will cost you........5,6.........Hmmmmmmm
    One time I got stopped for speeding on the Colordo Utah boarder
    and after a discussion with the Officer about Bannana's, pockets and glad tidings to all he let me off with a warning
    and a farewell of "I am always on this strech of highway and I will be watching for you."
    My response "I feel so much better knowing that you Officer Pennywise will be looking out for me."
    WAIT WHAT??!!!!!

Somewhere in North America depending on the job

Good thing you are in a metric country, US coin wouldn't fit!! LOL
    Sounds like the newly discovered roads are better than the mechanical problems...excellent. I still remember being surprised at how good the highways were, and of course, how bad the "shortcut" was on our first trip down. Hope the repairs hold and you are able to cruise thru the rest of your "adventure" without breakdown.

Wow, sounds like a great trip and adventure. Glad it's been going pretty well, gotta love fed-ex and repairs.
    COS Mille

Quote Originally Posted by COS Mille View Post
    Wow, sounds like a great trip and adventure. Glad it's been going pretty well, gotta love fed-ex and repairs.
    right up untill the driver got lazy, told his company the delvery place was in the boonies, rural he called it , and took my package back to Guadalahaura. Mind you, the delvery place was the Best Western front desk, right in the heart of Mazatlan on the beach. To say the least, I was not impressed. So I am now riding all the way back home sans clutch. Hell it's only 2000 or so miles, right. Piece of cake.
    See you guys at bike night tomorrow. I should be rolling in by then.