Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mexico Bound version #4

Re: Mexico Bound version #4

Now THAT makes it adv.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties, GL on the trip home.

Man... no clutch! Shifting when moving is one thing but what are you doing when you start from a stop? Or are you just getting in-flight refueling from a tanker?

I've got this mental image of Bash in his leathers peddling with his feet to a few MPH before going in 1st. Balls sir, balls.

Seems the inauguration trip to the Baja we made a few years ago has created a international monster. Wish I could have joined you, my international trips from the East Coast are limited to NE Canada with New Brunswick, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador the target these days.

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldKneeDragger View Post
    Seems the inauguration trip to the Baja we made a few years ago has created a international monster. Wish I could have joined you, my international trips from the East Coast are limited to NE Canada with New Brunswick, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador the target these days.
    OKD,
    Good to hear from you. I would love to tour that part of the country, expecially in the fall. Penn, upstate NY when the leaves change, puts the aspens here to shame.
    Logisticly, the Mexico trips are very good for; bang for the buck, smiles per miles, from Colorado. I cashed $500 going in, and if it wasen't for the four day waiting in Matzatlan for parts that didn't show, I would of traded back in half of that upon exit.
    And yes, that five day blast up the Baja set the scene for many adventures, thank you.
    I think a two week excursion down and back the Baja with a week in Cabo inbetween sounds pretty tempting next.
    I built this bike just for exploring Mexico. Does that sound crazy? I wanted something that could do 80 comfortably on pavement and or gravel. I succeeded and it's comfortable for the 800 mile days coming home.

Till the next adventure...........
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Man... no clutch! Shifting when moving is one thing but what are you doing when you start from a stop? Or are you just getting in-flight refueling from a tanker?

I've got this mental image of Bash in his leathers peddling with his feet to a few MPH before going in 1st. Balls sir, balls.
    To get going when you can't push:

1) Motor off
    2) Bike in gear
    3) Hit the start switch - the starter will move the bike until it starts.
    4) Once it starts, you can shift without the clutch if you are careful and match engine RPMs with the drivetrain.

To stop:
    1) As you approach the stopping point, slip the bike into neutral.
    2) Once you're stopped - kill it.
    3) To go again, repeat above.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    To get going when you can't push:

1) Motor off
    2) Bike in gear
    3) Hit the start switch - the starter will move the bike until it starts.
    4) Once it starts, you can shift without the clutch if you are careful and match engine RPMs with the drivetrain.

To stop:
    1) As you approach the stopping point, slip the bike into neutral.
    2) Once you're stopped - kill it.
    3) To go again, repeat above.
    That is the way I did it all the way from North of Durango, over the Devil's Spine to Matzatlan, and the whole way home to Colorado.
    It's not to bad out on the open road, where it sucks is in towns, starting and stopping. Very hard on the starter, cuz if that craps out, your sunk.

It's not an Adventure if you stay in your comfort zone.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Glad you made it back okay. My trip to Alaska had some challenges.
    John
    KTM Duke 690