Thread: RC51 mileage

Exclamation RC51 mileage

What is too much on an RC51, I'm not sure as I have never owned one or known anyone with one. I found one I am interested in and it has 21,600 miles. Please reply asap as I am going to buy something soon. Thanks
    2005 CBR600RR-SOLD
    2009 CBR1000RR-NEW LOVE

Re: RC51 mileage

I bought mine with 21k, have heard of others well over 50k. I'm at 27k as it sits right now and it dyno'd at 113hp about a month ago with cans and power commander (I'm sure it's not tuned right). Still runs wiiiiiiiiiiiiicked
    If the price is right for the condition of the bike, go for it!

Price seems in the right range, asking 4250. But cash goes a long way. It seems from pictures to be in good condition.
    2005 CBR600RR-SOLD
    2009 CBR1000RR-NEW LOVE

I wouldn't worry about that mileage. It should go forever.
    Cole
    07 R1 .....now KTM 950 ADV!!!
    07 WeeeeeeStrom!
    2x KLR650s
    www.MotumMagazine.com

That mileage is nothing. Any sportbike with proper maintenance should go at least 50,000 miles and 100,000 miles is not out of the question. The only reason 20,000 seems high is there are so many 10 year old bikes with 5 - 6000 miles out there

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Mine had over 64,000 when I sold it and it waday one if not as strong as ss running better. It all comes down to how it the person treated it, like ust like anything in life. Bikes are like women, if you dont marry the one you really want, you will never be truly happy riding her. Go with what trips your trigger, danm the rest.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Mine's got 26k on it and running like a top.

What year is it?

If it's an sp2 and in good shape, that's a great price.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski