Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Annual CSC BBQ - Sunday August 14th - Sponsored by ABATE & Performance Cycle

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Talking 2011 Annual CSC BBQ - Sunday August 14th - Sponsored by ABATE & Performance Cycle

It's time once again for the Annual CSC BBQ!!

When: Sunday August 14th, starting around 11:00 AM. Goes till we're done (things usually start winding down around 5)
    Where: Clement Park in Littleton (directions below)
    What: The grill will be going with burgers, dogs, & brats; you're welcome to bring other meat to grill (more food/drink options below)
    Who: Family is welcome, and this is kid/dog friendly (pets and some kids must be leashed!)

This year's BBQ is made possible with help from
    ABATE of Colorado
    & Performance Cycle.

How Do I Get There?
    From Wadsworth and Bowles, go East on Bowles half a mile to the park entrance by the library (at W. Long Dr.) Follow the road up and around the back of the library and through the parking lot towards the skate park. We will have the same shelter as we've had in previous years. Paved parking is available next to the picnic site.

What Can I Bring? How Can I Help?
    ABATE of Colorado & Performance Cycle have both stepped up to help supply hot-dogs, brats, burgers, buns, and some basic condiments (as well as plates, cups, cutlery, & napkins); if you have something else you'd like us to grill, feel free to bring it! Beyond that we appreciate people bringing a side-dish, soda, dessert, or something else tasty to share. We've had some great smoked brisket, soups & salads in the past - keep it up! Post up and let us know what you're going to bring - we'll keep an updated list lower down in this post. If you decide to come at the last minute, you can call me (@ 303-478-8801) to see if we need anything.

I am looking into getting a keg of beer with some of the extra money that was raised.

Food ideas:
    - Potato salad (PunyJuney)
    - macaroni salad
    - cole slaw
    - fruit salad (Trainwreck)
    - vegetables & dip
    - pie
    - soda/drinks (Jdmluvr)
    - water
    - ??? (any suggestions?)

Other stuff we can use:
    - large coolers
    - ice
    ... that's all I can think of right now, but it's 3AM and my brain is fried.

If you have a EZ-up canopy that you can bring, the extra shade has come in handy in the past. The same goes for camp chairs.

Volleyball net? Football? Frisbee? Other "park" activities? Bring it!

How Do I Bring Food and Ride?
    If you're planning on riding to the picnic, obviously, you can either pack it in a backpack, or strap it to the back seat, but another option would be to pass it off to someone who is caging it. We'll start a list below of cagers who can take stuff there for people. If you do go this route, please don't expect them to pick it up from your house - you need to make arrangements to get it wherever it needs to be.

Who's Bringing What:
    This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc:
    1. Spiderman - Burgers, brats, hot-dogs, buns, condiments, plates, cups, napkins, utensils, etc. (I'll also have a few extra serving spoons), water (served from a 5 gal jug), ice, 1 large cooler (to hold ice & drinks)
    2. Zach929rr - 40 lbs of chicken thighs donated by sloridr, ez-up, and probably a bullet of Killians.
    3. Vellos - pie
    4. FZRguy - BBQ baked beans
    5. Reyven - cookies or brownies, something dessert related
    6. madvlad - cheesecake from the factory
    7. Mother Goose - Orzo pasta salad
    8. aerofaze - Corn & bean salad
    9. PunyJuney - potato salad
    10. will-t - easy up, a squirt gun, and some kind of liquid for drinking (non alchy)
    11. Trainwreck - Fruit Salad
    12. OUTLAWD - some sort of chips/pretzels/etc
    13. Jdmluvr - a cooler with drinks
    14. AOK303 - chips/pretzles/etc (depends what catches my eye at kings before I come)

... What can you bring?

Who is Caging It and Transporting Food for People?
    This will help those of you on bikes arrange a cage to get your baked beans or whatever to the picnic. If you can volunteer please post up, but include your general location! Expect some people to PM you asking for your services. If you need food brought for you, PM one of these people.

1. Mother Goose (Arvada)
    2. DolphinRider (Thornton)
    3. Zach929rr (Ken Caryl & 470)
    4. Trainwreck (Green Mountain)
    5. grim (englewood/parker/denver/centennial) *** Do not PM, send Text Msg: 303-944-6704

... Who else can help?

SEE YOU THERE!!
    Last edited by Spiderman; Sun Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:05 AM.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: 2011 Annual CSC BBQ - Sunday August 14th - Sponsored by ABATE & Performance Cycle

I'll bring the jet fuel (BBQ baked beans) for 100.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Re: 2011 Annual CSC BBQ - Sunday August 14th - Sponsored by ABATE & Performance Cycle

Not sure how I can help yet but just wanted to day thanks for puttin this together spiderman and all others involved.
    A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith and use up a lot of fuel.
    A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I'll bring the jet fuel (BBQ baked beans) for 100.

Thats alot of beans!

Bob - thanks for doin this!
    First, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself. Second, you can watch life with your nose pressed up against the glass. Or you can swing the doors open and step inside.

Out of town...bummer
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Will bring some cookies or brownies, something dessert related.

Im in and I'll bring whatever is needed...

Working
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
    Will bring some cookies or brownies, something dessert related.
    Word I'll see if I can bring some cheesecake from the factory
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I'll make some orzo pasta salad again. I'll bring the car, so I can take extra stuff if people want to drop it off at my place beforehand.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Member Yearly Supporter DolphinRider's Avatar

I will be taking the TrailBlazer, we live in the Thornton area (84th & Huron) if you need us to pick up from you or if you want to drop off please PM and we will work it out, Thanks

Corn & bean salad again, but I'm not sure if I'll ride or cage yet.

Thanks, Bob!
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Anyone with a cage that wants to meet up with me to get some cheesecake at the factory? Lmk maybe that saturday during the day at some point. They should sell like sorted boxes with all kinds right?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'll bring some dirt.

We'll be coming back from a dualsport weekend in Breck(ish) area. I'll try and get Angela to stop by with me if we get back at a reasonable time. Although we'll probably smell/look like we've been on the bikes for three days and haven't showered.

I'll be caging it and can take peoples stuff. You need to drop it off at my place (470 & ken caryl) though.

I'll bring my ez-up, das chicken, and probably a bullet of Killians.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I'll be caging it and can take peoples stuff. You need to drop it off at my place (470 & ken caryl) though.

I'll bring my ez-up, das chicken, and probably a bullet of Killians.
    I will probably drop off the cheesecake to you then, i'll pm you when I got it
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Anyone with a cage that wants to meet up with me to get some cheesecake at the factory? Lmk maybe that saturday during the day at some point. They should sell like sorted boxes with all kinds right?
    They do sell assorted boxes, we used to get them for work parties on occasion, and even Target carries them, but it's fresher from the Factory
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    They do sell assorted boxes, we used to get them for work parties on occasion, and even Target carries them, but it's fresher from the Factory
    Sweet, I shall buy some then and drop them off to zach-a-ry
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Plates spoons forks etc do we need them or does someone got it already
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

Bob, assuming you still need the use of my basement fridge/freezer and me/suv for transport, let me know how else I can help.

I'll bring some potato salad.

I'll be rolling down from the medium north (boulder) if anyone wants to join me for the ride.
    Bringing an easy up, a squirt gun, and some kind of liquid for drinking (non alchy).

I'll be caging with my wife and kid(s). we are in green mountain, so if anyone wants us to take anything for them, PM me.

And we'll bring some Fruit Salad!!
    2006 ZX10r<-----wrecked, LOL!

Have family in town..... depending when they leave Sunday, i might make it out.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    Plates spoons forks etc do we need them or does someone got it already
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    This is a list of who is bringing what food/drink/etc:
    1. Spiderman - Burgers, brats, hot-dogs, buns, condiments, plates, cups, napkins, utensils, etc. (I'll also have a few extra serving spoons), water (served from a 5 gal jug), ice, 1 large cooler (to hold ice & drinks)

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post
    Bob, assuming you still need the use of my basement fridge/freezer and me/suv for transport, let me know how else I can help.
    June, I do believe I will be taking you up on your offer, thank you. PM inbound.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.