Hey all, I recently changed the oil on my K7 GSXR 1000 with Silkolyne (sp) 10w40 4T motorcycle oil that I got recomended by the guys @ Performance Cycle off S. Broadway. Just after the change the bike felt great, shifted smooth and even sounded like the engine was running quieter. Its probably all in my head, but it really seemed that way. The issue that I am having now though, is that it seems really hard to shift. Even more so if I am stopped sitting in neutral, then put it down into first to take off from a light. I'm wondering if the oil is somehow causing the clutch to grab ect making it harder to shift. The engine still seems happy and I have checked, double checked, tripple checked, and then re checked again the oil level and it is perfect, just a hair over the full mark on the sight glass. Again, all of this may just be in my head, but it feels like something is up and I dont want to keep running that oil if it will damage my clutch at all. What are you guys running for oil, and has anyone else experianced anything like this? Also a side note, this is the standard non-synthetic oil from Silkolyne, I'm not a huge fan of synthetic oils and have read mixed things on if they should be or should no be used with wet clutches with no definitive answers for either side. Any input is greatly appreciated guys and gals, I just dont want to hurt the new bike. I would probably have to cry and no one wants to see that...
-Mick-