Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Bike Lemon Law, eh?

Re: No Bike Lemon Law, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Gotcha, missed that, guess I'll at least contact them and see what they say...
    For sure... even if it's a complete waste of time, at least you know where you stand. I was in your shows for months, and finally got tired of it. Legal action was my last option.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    For sure... even if it's a complete waste of time, at least you know where you stand. I was in your shows for months, and finally got tired of it. Legal action was my last option.
    Looks like they're not interested in pursuing it as a Lemon/MM Warranty issue, though they did say they'd pass my info over to the consumer products side of things...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Shop called, after the OEM Tech Line required them to do a compression test, leak-down, and valve inspection, they found nothing wrong--surprise!

I mean, that's like open heart surgery for a headache, not exactly a related issue. Tech Line kept claiming there might be "carbon build up" that was "causing issues at altitude".

Carbon build up? On a bike with 2,000 miles, really?

Seriously, who hires these Tech Line idiots?

Next stop: fuel pump

--which isn't the issue, as the condition is altitude-dependent. If the pump were failing it'd do it all the time, not just when I'm in the mountains on a hot day--my guess is still some sensor reading out of range.

I'd say it'd had a bad map, but they already swapped the ECU, so it's got to be something isn't reading/feeding info properly to the ECU...which, I'd guess, is a sensor of some kind...barometric pressure, O2, MAF/MAP whatever this thing has...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson