Thread: 01,2,3 gsxr suspension

01,2,3 gsxr suspension

i keep seeing gsxr 600 racebikes fir sale with a stock rear shock.. is the factory rear shock really good enough to race with?
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

Well, it isn't great.. My shock blew out it's rebound so I just bought a used Penske triple. You can have a stocker rebuilt by Marcus at RPS, or just find something on ebay, but I'd certainly upgrade it somehow (same with the forks, if they're stock).

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="208765
    Well, it isn't great.. My shock blew out it's rebound so I just bought a used Penske triple. You can have a stocker rebuilt by Marcus at RPS, or just find something on ebay, but I'd certainly upgrade it somehow (same with the forks, if they're stock).
    Damnit, missed crash's 600.. thanks for the info.. i guess I'll have to watch my costs so I can drop a penske in... Mike applehans says his rebuilt (rps) goes away after 17 laps or something like that.. i gues sthat would be ok for sprints.
    MRA#533 novice

You can find deals if you are patient. I got a used, freshly-rebuilt triple for $500. Rebuilding a stocker isn't much less than that, and I definitely got a better-than-stock shock out of the deal.

Keep an eye on eBay, as well as WERA and other race org classifieds. Just don't expect to find one right away (and have some money set aside, since deals like that tend to sell pretty fast).

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="208891
    You can find deals if you are patient. I got a used, freshly-rebuilt triple for $500. Rebuilding a stocker isn't much less than that, and I definitely got a better-than-stock shock out of the deal.

Keep an eye on eBay, as well as WERA and other race org classifieds. Just don't expect to find one right away (and have some money set aside, since deals like that tend to sell pretty fast).
    $500 for a triple? shiot! thats a great deal?I!
    MRA#533 novice

I'm not the only one I've heard of picking one up at that price, either. Shop around.

Re: 01,2,3 gsxr suspension

I got my Penske triple clicker near new for $500. It wasn't on ebay for more than an hour and I bought it as fast as I could move.

They aren't easy to find but they are there.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    The stock shock is not that bad, but you might as well upgrade it. I'm coming from an F3, the GSXR handles better stock than that thing did with suspension work. LOL I have the Penske double clicker, I got that and a PC3R for $500 shipped. Hard to beat that. The deals are there, you just need to be patient and persistent.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother