Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cops don't like wheelies

Re: Cops don't like wheelies

To the two guys who got the tickets, make sure you set your cases on separate days and do as many continuances as you can. That same cop has to show up each time the trial is set, for each of you. Make sure one of your fellow riders from that day also shows up each time in case the case doesn't continue. That busybody woman will be there six times. Will probably lose her job. And if she doesn't show up, ask the court to show cause her for failure to comply with a subpoena.

Perhaps the cop will be more circumspect on writing such nonsense in the future.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    To the two guys who got the tickets, make sure you set your cases on separate days and do as many continuances as you can. That same cop has to show up each time the trial is set, for each of you. Make sure one of your fellow riders from that day also shows up each time in case the case doesn't continue. That busybody woman will be there six times. Will probably lose her job. And if she doesn't show up, ask the court to show cause her for failure to comply with a subpoena.

Perhaps the cop will be more circumspect on writing such nonsense in the future.
    What a mess all around.... Clovis, now that I think about it do you think that the cop that was pulled over was working the construction work or do you think it was a makeshift roadblock?

Thumbs down Re: Cops don't like wheelies

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post

Cop will LOVE YOU for that! If it's his work day you are taking him off the streets. If it's his day off then he gets paid overtime!!! Either way, he gets paid!

The more you screw around like that the more money he actually makes!....and all he has to do is show up!
    Cole
    07 R1 .....now KTM 950 ADV!!!
    07 WeeeeeeStrom!
    2x KLR650s
    www.MotumMagazine.com

They were both from the construction zone that was further up the road (I asked).

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    What a mess all around.... Clovis, now that I think about it do you think that the cop that was pulled over was working the construction work or do you think it was a makeshift roadblock?

AKA "Devaclis"

Why are people so pissed off when they get caught breaking the law? Don't be pissed at the police or the people who reported you, be mad at the law itself if you want to have any credible argument. Consequences are not there to coddle you.

[LIAR LIAR]STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE![/LIAR LIAR]
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

So I have video of people running stop signs, cutting me off, basically putting people in danger, call it in and they say they can't do anything. A dumb bitch calls you in for a little wheelie and they issue you a ticket? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    So I have video of people running stop signs, cutting me off, basically putting people in danger, call it in and they say they can't do anything. A dumb bitch calls you in for a little wheelie and they issue you a ticket? Wow.
    Thats why these tickets seem soo easy to beat... Who knows. Just sucks watching someone get a ticket for passing on a double yellow that was behind me and never passed the car that called it in.

I would be out of my mind frustrated about the wheelie! The cop adding in that HE saw it too? I would have gone flucking nuts!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

^^^Motorcycles are da debil.

Meh, I'm kinda on both sides of this. I mean, calling in somebody who's breaking the law in the car can be a good thing. i.e. calling in a very obvious DUI who can hardly keep it on the road. Granted, that's much worse than seeing someone speed, pass on dy, or pull a wheelie, but to average Joe citizen you're driving like an asshole.

This is one of those reasons why some of us that have been around a while preach about our "image" to the rest of the caging world. It has impacts on the rest of us.

I'd be willing to bet money that lady got tied up by some stunters blocking the whole damn highway off to do wheelies, or something similar, and she sees you pulling your wheelie and says to herself something along the lines of "I'm fucking sick of these crotch-rocket-assholes and am finally going to do something about it!"

Same thing with that crazy asshole in TN: that vid of him chasing the bike that passed on the DY? I guarantee that is not the first time he got passed by a bike, and had probably had much worse encounters with bikes on that road that nearly caused accidents and was just fed-up.

Your behavior on the road can impact the rest of us.

Just my $0.02
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Thats why these tickets seem soo easy to beat... Who knows. Just sucks watching someone get a ticket for passing on a double yellow that was behind me and never passed the car that called it in.

I would be out of my mind frustrated about the wheelie! The cop adding in that HE saw it too? I would have gone flucking nuts!
    I was very sketpical about the whole thing. I look everywhere before I bring up the front wheel. There is NO WAY the cop was where he said he was. But like I said, I did the wheelie, I will pay the consequence, and frankly, if it ends up being a 2 pointer, I got off really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I was very sketpical about the whole thing. I look everywhere before I bring up the front wheel. There is NO WAY the cop was where he said he was. But like I said, I did the wheelie, I will pay the consequence, and frankly, if it ends up being a 2 pointer, I got off really easy.
    I agree with ya man. I feel like if the cop had ACTUALLY seen you it would have been worse.

On a side note... I got the thumbs up years ago from a cop when he saw me doing a standup on 25. I shit my pants, put the wheelie down and put my hand up to say sorry. Dude had the biggest grin I have ever seen.

AKA "Devaclis"

I have been pretty close to getting caught twice. Now I just practice on school yards or up in the hills.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    school yards
    At 3 pm when class lets out?