Thread: Elena Myers is fast

Elena Myers is fast

very fast:

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...gsv-r-at-indy/

American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) is proud to announce that Team SuzukiScoopFans rider Elena Myers will turn several laps aboard the Suzuki GSV-R MotoGP bike at 12:45 PM on Thursday, August 25th, at the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Indianapolis, IN, a few days before the Red Bull Indianapolis GP that weekend.

“Words cannot describe how excited I am to ride the Suzuki GSV-R at Indy during the MotoGP weekend this year,” said Myers. “We had talked about it last year, but things didn't work out, so here's a big thanks to everyone involved for making this possible. When I sat on the bike last year, it felt like it was made to fit me. So actually being able to spin a few laps on it will be quite the treat. I'm really looking forward to the weekend.”

Myers finished an impressive fifth-place overall in the 2011 AMA Pro SuperSport West Division, despite missing two rounds due to injury. En route to that result, the 17-year-old California native picked up a podium finish at Barber Motorsports Park, plus five top-five finishes throughout the season. Finally, Myers became the first female racer to ever win an AMA Pro road race when she captured the AMA Pro SuperSport victory at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA last year.

Suzuki’s MotoGP Team Manager, Paul Denning, commented, “We are delighted to be able to give Elena this opportunity to get some understanding of how Suzuki’s MotoGP bike feels and operates. She is a very talented racer – not “for a girl” – she’s just fast full-stop! MotoGP is the pinnacle of every racer’s ambition, and there aren’t so many people who have ridden the very latest 2011 GSV-R – Bautista, Hopkins, Aoki and now Elena! I would guess she’s also the only female racer to have ever ridden an 800cc MotoGP machine? Either way, we really hope she enjoys the experience.”

You can meet SuzukiScoopFans’ Elena Myers on Friday, August 26th, at Dreyer Suzuki, 4170 West Washington Street in Indianapolis, from 5:30 - 6:30 PM. Myers will also be signing autographs in the Suzuki display area at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway over the weekend. For schedule information, visit SuzukiScoopFans on facebook, SuzukiScoop on twitter or check the Suzuki display area at the speedway. The 2011 SuzukiScoopFans team’s next and final event of the 2011 AMA Pro SuperSport season will be at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ on September 2 - 4, 2011.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Elena Myers is fast

Wow, taking someone on a Supersport 600, to a MotoGP bike....

Since I'm not old, I'm not certain:

did they do that to Hopper?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Wow, taking someone on a Supersport 600, to a MotoGP bike....
    Well, ....... some of the Ducati forum guys probably wouldn't mind.....

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310398

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/78-road-...u-hang-gp.html

Enjoy....

laughable

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Since I'm not old, I'm not certain:

did they do that to Hopper?
    Wasn't he running Formula Extreme? Which was 750s? I could be wrong. But she's running Supersport, not Daytona Sportbike. The Supersport guys are running basic set ups on their bikes. Just doesn't seem like a good move, but I guess we'll see next weekend.

She is not racing, and seems its more of a press event. I think she'll be fine, unless she fucks with the traction control like Jorge did a few weeks ...

P.S. The M1 and GSV-R probably use different traction control mechanisms........

Ohhhh, I thought they were throwing her in the race.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Nah, this is "testing" laps.

She's come up through the ranks. I've been on track with her when she rode 125 and 250 GP bikes, and now on a supersport 600. Nothing will check your ego more than being passed by a 13 year old girl riding a 125.

That she has experience on the other GP bike types would indicate to me that this will be no problem for her. Furthermore they probably have a "valet" mode in the TC system for events like this.

When he moved up to the big bike Jorge said that actually riding the Moto GP bike was considerably easier than riding the 250 -

S

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Wasn't he running Formula Extreme? Which was 750s? I could be wrong. But she's running Supersport, not Daytona Sportbike. The Supersport guys are running basic set ups on their bikes. Just doesn't seem like a good move, but I guess we'll see next weekend.

Formula Extreme was 1000cc bikes and he was national champ in '01. John Ulrich got him a ride on the the WCM Yamaha team in 2002 on the yzr500.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

and my knowledge of racing has been further expanded

I can definitely see a GP bike being easier to ride, now that they aren't the 500cc crazy assholes that they once were

now that they aren't the 500cc crazy assholes that they once were
    Yeah. Sad. I miss not being able to see the bikes because the riders' balls were in the way...races back then were amazing to watch, scary as hell and always exciting. No traction-control/ABS/Wheelie-control lameness...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I was excited to hear that BSB banned traction control. I would love to see more of that.

I would like to see 600 novices at the club level with no traction control no matter what happens in the future. It should be an earned privilege

I was excited to hear that BSB banned traction control. I would love to see more of that.

I would like to see 600 novices at the club level with no traction control no matter what happens in the future. It should be an earned privilege
    I'd just like to see racing go back to a total of rider skill and (mechanical) chassis development, not electronic Band-Aids to cure all ills on both ends...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

This is why I'm excited to see the ninja 250 class in the MRA. There's only so much you can do to make those bikes fast, it leaves a LOT up to the rider.

It also makes it way more affordable to race. Love it

This is why I'm excited to see the ninja 250 class in the MRA. There's only so much you can do to make those bikes fast, it leaves a LOT up to the rider.

It also makes it way more affordable to race. Love it
    Yeah, should be a fun class, I'd consider doing it if I had the $$ and a truck.

First bike I ever took to the track was an EX500, which, back then, wasn't a whole lot better than a 250.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson