Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My View of SuperStreet

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: My View of SuperStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    To add to that, it took me a while to get into a rhythm because people were braking way too early going into 4, and I didn't want to stuff anyone, because no one out there is a racer.
    Yeah, that's got to be a big issue in that class.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yeah, bummer when you pulled off. What was the issue?

I had the same thought, it was like 1 rider per turn...
    It seemed like it was 1 rider per turn going off. The first lap had me worried, so I didn't try to dive in on anyone until we got a little more spread out.

A bolt made it's way out on my oil pump cover, so it was spitting oil onto my boot. So going into turn 6, my boot slipped off my peg. So I finished off the turn, looked down and saw that my foot was wet, so I pulled off right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Yeah, that's got to be a big issue in that class.
    I was really frustrated the first few laps because of it. But once I got past some people, I could concentrate on my lines and braking points, because a lot of people out there were braking earlier than I was, so it was screwing with my head. But after that, I put my head down and tried to pick people off one at a time.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I was really frustrated the first few laps because of it. But once I got past some people, I could concentrate on my lines and braking points, because a lot of people out there were braking earlier than I was, so it was screwing with my head. But after that, I put my head down and tried to pick people off one at a time.
    Yeah, better to play it safe in a crowd of people who aren't used to being in a turn with a crowd. One person freaks and checks up, and it gets nasty real fast. You can't win the race on the first lap, but you can damn sure lose it. One-on-one you can just get inside them early and avoid the drama. The last time I worried about the guys in front getting away on lap one, I went asphalt surfing through 7 at PMP and lost a race that I stood a good chance of winning.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

It seemed like it was 1 rider per turn going off. The first lap had me worried, so I didn't try to dive in on anyone until we got a little more spread out.

A bolt made it's way out on my oil pump cover, so it was spitting oil onto my boot. So going into turn 6, my boot slipped off my peg. So I finished off the turn, looked down and saw that my foot was wet, so I pulled off right after that.
    It's a wide mix of bikes, abilities and confidence level in those races, so caution is probably the better option. Going Kamikaze and stuffing people early on may well have spooked someone. As it is, most who were in over their head seemed to ride off the track and clear the path anyway.

Bummer man, that sucks. Still, again, you definitely did the right thing by hopping off asap, both for you and whoever else might be in the oil behind you.

Next time man, next time.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

there is always next time...unless there isn't

Great riding out there John..... I couldn't get into the right mindset of knowing the track to brake at the right points, perfect example of me early braking and not knowing the track. Hitting brake when I should have been full throttle haha and speeding up and seeing a tight turn with the "oh shit i forgot about that turn" haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Great riding out there John..... I couldn't get into the right mindset of knowing the track to brake at the right points, perfect example of me early braking and not knowing the track. Hitting brake when I should have been full throttle haha and speeding up and seeing a tight turn with the "oh shit i forgot about that turn" haha.
    I have to tell myself going into turn 10 to not brake, turn 7 too. I'd always touch the brakes and come out of the corner way too "slo". So I'd say in my helmet, "Don't brake John. Don't brake John. Don't brake John."

dude so I wasn't halucinating.

I was looking back throughout the race keeping an eye on 2nd keeping a comfortable gap. Then I saw a black bike behind me. I was like where did he come from? Time to pick up the pace and go for me. next glance back, I was like where did he go?

Too bad for the oil leak. It would have been a fun end to the race. Next time Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by BadR6Man View Post
    dude so I wasn't halucinating.

I was looking back throughout the race keeping an eye on 2nd keeping a comfortable gap. Then I saw a black bike behind me. I was like where did he come from? Time to pick up the pace and go for me. next glance back, I was like where did he go?

Too bad for the oil leak. It would have been a fun end to the race. Next time Goose.
    Definitely not hallucinating. A battle to the end would have been awesome. Oh well, next time I'll make it a race for ya.

Nice job, man, you definitely had a good pace right from the beginning. You looked real good.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by jbnwc View Post
    Nice job, man, you definitely had a good pace right from the beginning. You looked real good.
    He's clearly a ringer.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for posting this. Doing my first track day at HPR in one week. Studying this thing like there is a test at the end!
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Doing my first track day at HPR in one week. Studying this thing like there is a test at the end!
    I'll have to put up the practice vids I got. Following Keith Eastin and seeing different lines helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post

This is from practice last Saturday morning, I labeled the corners on the first lap for those that are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR07A6E4Flc