Thread: Bad Ride yesterday

Bad Ride yesterday

Friday afternoon and had to make a run to Denver. Figured I'd jump on the VFR and didn't expect traffic to be too bad headed into town.

WRONG

Bumper to bumper stop and go starting at 144th. Almost got taken out by some bitch not paying attention around 104th. Fortunately I was coming to a stop on the yellow line edge of my lane and not in the lane or it would have been squish.

Next, I get just south of the I25 and 76 interchange and the bike dies. When it took about 30 minutes to go 5 miles, fan running, high beams on, brake lights on, ignition coils firing, turning less than 2k RPM at any time = dead battery.

I had to push that heavy bitch a half mile uphill to the start of 58th street exit until the road was flat/level enough to bump start. One guy on a yellow CBR? with nice Leo exhaust stopped to see if there was anything he could do to help. Didn't recognize him, but thanks if you're here.

Lane splitting would have been nice yesterday.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Re: Bad Ride yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Lane splitting would have been nice yesterday.
    Oh no! Don't say it! That would be dangerous, perhaps not even survivable. You'd be better off riding in a naked in a sandstorm than daring to lane-split. It wouldn't be fair. Colorado drivers are too stupid to lane-split around. Arrg. Now you've got me started.

Anyway, glad you survived your ride.

Sorry it sucked.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

'03 Honda vtr1000f Super Hawk
    '07 Honda XR650L

That sucks man, not what you'd expect of a friday but glad it wasnt worse. Yesterday it took me 45 mins to get home when the drive is like 10 to 15 cause everyone decided to crowd the area spontaneously at that time which is rare to see except I did run the shoulder on 470 carefully to the point of skipping quite a few drivers
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

i drove through Denver a few weeks ago, and was tempted to lane split in my truck... lol... I'd be hard pressed not to break that law many times over up there.... hell, i couldnt really stop myself from doing it in the springs a few times.

Sorry about the bike troubles though.... the DR wouldve been easier to push.... that'll teach ya.

06 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR View Post
    Sorry about the bike troubles though.... the DR wouldve been easier to push.... that'll teach ya.
    No doubt. That thought absolutely crossed my mind. Especially when some guy blasted by on a KLR. Of course, the DR wouldn't have died but I might have opted to push it just because my ass hurt so bad.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Ha! true that

06 DR650SE

dude...I passed you while you were fueling up at the Kum and Go on hwy 52...glad you got it sorted

that was you who jacked the throttle a couple times heading west? I thought, "who can that be? He must have me confused with someone else."

1999 DR650SE