Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ride monday?

Re: ride monday?

So I learned something today, never ever be the last one in the group... this was my first csb ride so I pulled out last and wanted to be attentive and just see what the deal was for the first part of the ride. So, we pull out, cruise past red rocks, Im like half a turn back, (I can see you guys) and this cop lights me up, 45 in a 25, took at least 15 minutes to write the ticket. So yeah, no catching up for me... anyway, I just went up to kerr gulch and looped it back to indian hills and had a good solo ride. Shitty fucking ticket and I didn't even get to really meet any of you. lol. Oh well. Next time. Fuck the police.
    Last edited by taikahn; Mon Sep 5th, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taikahn View Post
    So I learned something today, never ever be the last one in the group... this was my first csb ride so I pulled out last and wanted to be attentive and just see what the deal was for the first part of the ride. So, we pull out, cruise past red rocks, Im like half a turn back, (I can see you guys) and this cop lights me up, 45 in a 25, took like 15 minutes to get the ticket. So yeah, no catching up for me... anyway, I just went up to kerr gulch and looped it back to indian hills and had a good solo ride. Shitty fucking ticket and I didn't even get to really meet any of you. lol. Oh well. Next time. Fuck the police.
    Sorry to hear that you got sniped man! Thats exactly how they like to do it...sneak up behind a pack of carvers and pick off the one in back! It happened to me once too about 5 years ago. I see tactics haven't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    Sorry to hear that you got sniped man! Thats exactly how they like to do it...sneak up behind a pack of carvers and pick off the one in back! It happened to me once too about 5 years ago. I see tactics haven't changed.
    Yeah, scum bag maneuver IMO. Cop must feel great about that one, goes home and tells the wife... "I got one motorcycle today out of the back of a group of 15, he was doin' 45, he was a risk to everyone around him."

So I learned something today, never ever be the last one in the group... this was my first csb ride so I pulled out last and wanted to be attentive and just see what the deal was for the first part of the ride. So, we pull out, cruise past red rocks, Im like half a turn back, (I can see you guys) and this cop lights me up, 45 in a 25, took at least 15 minutes to write the ticket. So yeah, no catching up for me... anyway, I just went up to kerr gulch and looped it back to indian hills and had a good solo ride. Shitty fucking ticket and I didn't even get to really meet any of you. lol. Oh well. Next time. Fuck the police.
    I got hit there too damn

^^ Damn, well, at least I'm not alone. lol.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

oh shit dude I'm sorry man drunktank didn't see him I did and we fuckin took off man he looked like he was pulling out to get us but then there where so many bikes behind us he obviously went for the one in the back.

That sucks dude wish I would have known I didn't do the whole run just went to central city with them then split off we could have hit beaver creek and what not! Maybe next time!

No prob, is what it is. Lesson learned.

No prob, is what it is. Lesson learned.
    yea stay up front and haul ass I took Kerr gulch back down it wasn't as gravely as it normally is kinda nice!

^yeah, wasn't bad. Stopped and had a smoke atop the green chemical lakes at the end. lol.

^^ Damn, well, at least I'm not alone. lol.

I was going about the same speed too

^yeah, wasn't bad. Stopped and had a smoke atop the green chemical lakes at the end. lol.
    those scare me!

Yeah, no idea what they are. Funky shit.

I have had it happen both ways. One time the cop was headed the other way, first bike went flying by, second bike (me) went flying by and I saw the brake lights, he ended up pulling over the last bike. Another time we went by a cop on the side of the road, he pulled out after everybody went by and I saw him turn on the lights. I pulled over but he went right by me, went right by the next bike and pulled over the leaders. It can go either way

It sucks you got popped. I always see cops sitting near the south entrance to Red Rocks waiting for someone entering or exiting the canyon. It's tough to keep your cool through there at the beginning of a ride. Especially if your trying to beat any traffic to the first turn.

Grim, is Kerr Gulch completely paved?

^pretty much, one marked 5 mph turn was mostly dirt.

What taikahn said it's paved with the exception of one turn just before hitting bear creek it's a nice ride there's never cars and the pavement is smooth just lots of gravel in alot of the turns.

Reason why I never take off till after the 2nd entrance... I already got popped there before though I fought it in court and won. Morrison cops are dicks, I hate them. Lying sacks of shit bro, sorry to hear about the ticket.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Had a good ride today weather turned out nice (I hope I passed the "does he ride like a dumbass test"). Doug sorry about your buell man but just remember that thing is replaceable I'm glad you came out better than your bike did

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    Had a good ride today weather turned out nice (I hope I passed the "does he ride like a dumbass test"). Doug sorry about your buell man but just remember that thing is replaceable I'm glad you came out better than your bike did
    Most definitely haha and sweet ride btw man... Where did he go down at?
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Reason why I never take off till after the 2nd entrance... I already got popped there before though I fought it in court and won. Morrison cops are dicks, I hate them. Lying sacks of shit bro, sorry to hear about the ticket.
    What did you say in court?

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    Doug sorry about your buell man but just remember that thing is replaceable I'm glad you came out better than your bike did

Oh snap!!! Did Doug go down?

Junior Member Yearly Supporter Genoru's Avatar

I think last position is the best, no worries about someone running into you from behind. I like being the sweeper, especially when people wait up at turn offs.
    Even though some people ride slower than me I don't mind it. Plus I get to see all the crazy stuff that people do sometimes.
    Doug's relative didn't meet us at boulder, and we tried to give her some directions from Nederland but she ended up in Blackhawk, just now I was able to get to a computer and give her the right directions. Hope she finds him soon.
    nice riding with you all.
    - Geno
    09 Yello Yummy FZ6R

Yup

Yea he went down a couple of miles outside of nederland the section that has the new pavement