My grandfather owned this bronco for almost all of its life. When I moved down to texas to live with them, eventually this is what i drove in high school. Unfortunately i wrecked it twice, once someone T boned me, and the other one i swerved on an icy bridge to avoid someone who thought it would be nice to drift on said icy bridge..... anywho, a couple years ago I finally convinced him to sell it to me. Here are a few pics taken on the trip back....

Got it home, thought i might tinker with it a bit to see if i could get it runing again, IIRC the motor was pretty tired the last night i drove it....

i think it had a timing problem, needless to say, i traded it and a pistol to a mechanic buddy (Who happens to be heading up this project with me) for another engine....

Ford 5.8EFI aka 351

But im getting a head of myself. After i "got done driving it" (didnt want to run anymore after a fun night at the lake) granddad towed it to his cabin at the lake and let it sit..... and sit..... .and sit.... eventually some bored kids found it and busted out the windows, broke the speedo glass, just generally ruined anything that made a cool sound when shattering, and so it sat some more... and rotted....

I had some big plans for this bronco, basically everything i ever wanted to do when i was a kid that granddad wouldn't let me do and then some!

So i started collecting parts....

First thing granddad wouldnt let me do was remove the top.... He said he didnt want the seals ruined. I bought what i thought were 66/67 doors with removable frames, turns out i bought 68 doors which are highly sought after due to the fact that they are the only one of the 3 years that didnt require modification to fit to a 68-77, the removable frames of course are favorable because when you remove the top, it looks better with the frames removed also.

I also picked up a set of hooker headers, a 205 transfer case and a 4R70W transmission which would be my parts transmission taking the guts from the wide ratio tranny and dropping them into a manual valvbodied (AOD) transmission giving me lower 1st and a higher overdrive with no need for computer controlling.

Obviously i needed to get on the business of rust repair also.... so i picked up some repair floor panels...

here are some progress pics from last month

did most of the main fabricating, the tranny brace, a supplemental transfer case brace as well.

passenger side rust repair....

passenger side kick panels and floor

drivers side, the same