Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any advice for plugged tires?...

Re: Any advice for plugged tires?...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    I always run the DOT approved slicks because they have tread similar to a street tire but just a softer compound
    Ya I know there are a lot of good takeoff brands but because I ride when it's fairly cold out, and plan to ride threw the winter when it's not snowing or below 40 lol, a tire that requires a lot of heat tobe sticky is a scary thought. Ive had 2 close friends have bad high sides just on there street in there neighborhood due to running race takeoffs and that is enough to steer me away from them! Lol! Those guys were pretty good riders too but their tires, I'm confident, are what caused the wrecks. I'd love to get a set next summer sometime though and actually take this thing to the track where it's supposed to be!

Thanks for the tip on the tire slime. I had considered trying that asan extra protection step, but won't do that now!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

My shop foreman picked up 6 screws just this season he plugged and patched the tire himself his rear tire has 6 plugs and patches. It has all season, he rides to work every single day and also went to sturgis with it! The kicker...he has a 2009 yamaha stratoliner! His bike puts harleys to shame it's big and fucking heavy the motor itself weighs around 350 lbs point is case if a plugged and patched tire (6 times) can withstand that weight and being on the road that much your sport bike will be fine just make sure you do it right!

I got it properly patched today @ TFOG's. It was holding air and everything fine, but was leaving me pretty sketched out and $40 bucks is worth my piece of mind especially with the rides I may do this weekend.
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...