Thread: Did anyone race today?

Did anyone race today?

If you did how was it?
    MRA 36 & AMA 336

Re: Did anyone race today?

Stopped by to say hi at SCR. VERY WET! Rain was coming down pretty good. They sent corner workers out for 3 guys to practice for a short time. Still going to race today it appears. Many were getting rain tires mounted up. 1/2 of the 4horsemen team were hanging out and Gene was getting his bike ready for endurance race. Very cold.....hope tomorrow is nicer!

yea i was one of those 3 practicing, it was really slick on DOT's, the guys on rains seemed to be moving pretty well though. Endurance did go off, and by the time HW Endurance came about the sun was shinning.

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Quote Originally Posted by Lel";p="210201
    and by the time HW Endurance came about the sun was shinning.
    You guys can thank me for that! As soon as I dropped HW endurance then the sun decided to come out.

I only had slicks, and a new set of rains were not in the budget, so I didn't even make it out there.

How many racers ended up starting the MWE?
    MRA 36 & AMA 336

15 to max of 20 started the MWE. Not too many people were out there.

First thing monday I am going to order myself up some rains! After pueblo I was saying to myself 'hey you dont need them, we never have a wet race, and now look we wont even race when it is' well! that whole thing was shot today... so time to get prepared.

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

You dont need rains trust me. Only 8 in Heavy Endurance, and 5 in Open. I placed 3rd overall and 2nd in Heavy. You did not miss much Bueller. it was wet at the start and half way thru the sun was coming out and track was drying out. I had to find all the puddles I could to keep the tires cool
    Christopher MRA 915
    02 GSXR 750 (first racer)
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma
    06 PW 50 (Hunters first bike)

Glad you had a great finish, paid off to stick it out. I just don't have the disposable income right now to take make that one worth while. I'll be there tomorrow though!

Quote Originally Posted by Polar X";p="210260
    You dont need rains trust me.
    Props for the nice finish, rookie. When did you finally get those mounted? I've never seen the MRA race in the rain before for two reasons: 1) we're at Pueblo and the drag strip is WAY too slick and 2) it's raining so hard you can't see the corners. This was an ideal time to use rains and you could tell who was using them and who was on DOTs- the rain guys were getting their knees down. The DOT guys were praying and WAY off the pace. There were a couple DOT guys who were looking really smooth but there was still a huge time gap.

I had a ton of fun sitting in the rain and watching you guys but it was killing me that I sold my YZ last week- it was set up perfectly for a rain ride.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Rain racing was definitely a new experience, but I had a total blast and was able to do remarkably well considering I was on a SV with DOT tires and started dead last. That was a ton of fun, not something I want to do every weekend, but a nice change of pace.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Thanks Dysco, I had a blast, and really would not mind some more rain races. Now that I know they will stick, I think I could push alittle harder, but I can not complain with a 2nd place on my first time rain tires.

Mike we need to get a secret hand signals thing going so I know what place I am in. can not believe I was leading for a whole lap, and did not even know it Thanks for the good words.
    Christopher MRA 915
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma

Polar - he WAS signalling to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="210667
    Polar - he WAS signalling to you!!
    perhaps I need to get rid of my tunnel vision It was my first sprint race, I was a little "zoned"

A couple more races and I might even notice the corner workers flags
    Christopher MRA 915
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by Polar X";p="210601
    Mike we need to get a secret hand signals thing going so I know what place I am in. can not believe I was leading for a whole lap, and did not even know it Thanks for the good words.
    Hand signals aren't a secret- hit me up next time and I'll show you what they are. I'm a bad person to be looking at for signals, though, since one lap I could be hanging out at S/F and the next I'll be zooming towards a wreck across the track.

And technically you were only leading for most of a lap... Crash Lowe is a bit faster than you. He'd pulled off to take on more gas and entered right behind you with 4 laps to go. The scary thing is, looking at his laptimes, taking on gas cost him about 15 seconds. That's messed up.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

come on now, leaden is leaden. yea pretty scary that he could go get gas and still win. I hate being slow but I did have the lead for a bit

And for hand signals, hell I would have to see you first. And that is not in the cards just yet.
    Christopher MRA 915
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by Dysco";p="210832
    The scary thing is, looking at his laptimes, taking on gas cost him about 15 seconds. That's messed up.
    Damn, that is messed up! A stop-and-go penalty last year cost me 10 seconds in the dry!!!