Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN!! 2001 Honda VFR 800 Lmtd Edition

STOLEN!! 2001 Honda VFR 800 Lmtd Edition

This bike was last seen the night of Aug 23 in the neighborhood of Woodmen and Woodland Hills Drive. This not a "Sport Touring" bike, but rather only 1 of 6 later VFR's that Honda commisioned to race. This bike is equipped with a power commander module, Halo headlights, specialized VFR chain guard, Michelin Sport tires, race fairings by Rebull/Repsol with the base painted Marine Corps blue, specialized clear LED race rear tail light, clear turn signals, a chain license plate holder, Zero Gravity double bubble smoked windscreen with an inaugural Indianapolis Moto GP sticker on the upper left hand side and no mirrors. The bike was still in winterization at the time that it was stolen, the clutch needed to be changed along with a new battery, thermostat and sparkplugs, therefore, the bike will not start until these are changed out. Also, the gas tank needed to be repaired as it developed a leak on the right hand side due to pressure changes coming from Louisiana. The forks were locked and I have the only key that will fit said ignition. The license plate number of the bike was MC443150 and was due to expire in October of this year and was a Louisiana license plate. The VIN number on the motorcycle is JH2RC46071M300374.

This bike is of great sentimental value to me and my family and its return or information regarding its whereabouts would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I'd post a picture, but for some reason, I am unable to despite having repeatedly tried. I am met with server errors like crazy I'll keep trying to upload photos to go with this post. Thanks everyone.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: STOLEN!! 2001 Honda VFR 800 Lmtd Edition

Quote Originally Posted by 01VFR-Rider View Post
    This bike was last seen the night of Aug 23 in the neighborhood of Woodmen and Woodland Hills Drive. This not a "Sport Touring" bike, but rather only 1 of 6 later VFR's that Honda commisioned to race. This bike is equipped with a power commander module, Halo headlights, specialized VFR chain guard, Michelin Sport tires, race fairings by Rebull/Repsol with the base painted Marine Corps blue, specialized clear LED race rear tail light, clear turn signals, a chain license plate holder, Zero Gravity double bubble smoked windscreen with an inaugural Indianapolis Moto GP sticker on the upper left hand side and no mirrors. The bike was still in winterization at the time that it was stolen, the clutch needed to be changed along with a new battery, thermostat and sparkplugs, therefore, the bike will not start until these are changed out. Also, the gas tank needed to be repaired as it developed a leak on the right hand side due to pressure changes coming from Louisiana. The forks were locked and I have the only key that will fit said ignition. The license plate number of the bike was MC443150 and was due to expire in October of this year and was a Louisiana license plate. The VIN number on the motorcycle is JH2RC46071M300374.

This bike is of great sentimental value to me and my family and its return or information regarding its whereabouts would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I'd post a picture, but for some reason, I am unable to despite having repeatedly tried. I am met with server errors like crazy I'll keep trying to upload photos to go with this post. Thanks everyone.

Post the picture on photo bucket then copy and post the link.

best of luck

Must see photo as a fellow VFR owner

As mentioned, upload your pic to another photohost and copy the link here
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

This not a "Sport Touring" bike, but rather only 1 of 6 later VFR's that Honda commisioned to race.
    First let me say I will keep an eye out for your bike. Stealing one's bike is liken to kipping your best friends girl, and not taken lightly around here.

This quote above has me a bit confused though. I have never heard of a 08 VFR commisioned to race by Honda. Could you give some more info on this. I have been quite the Honda fan over the years and this statement has captured my interest. What race series were these VFR's to compete in? Was this just an American thing, or did you bring this from oversea's?
    What special HRC parts are installed? I know of some HRC RC51's and CBR600's, but know of no VFR's. There must be some way to validate this occurance.
    Thanks for any insite into this.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    of a 08 VFR
    typo or confusion?

Curious myself and hoped photos would shed some light.

but he said an '01 800, not an '08
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

The bike was still in winterization at the time that it was stolen
    Maybe it ran away because of neglect. JK. I hope you get your bike back.

I am somewhat versed in the history of the VF/VFR, having ridden them since they came out nearly 30 years ago. I also have a growing collection of them. Like Bash, I have never heard of a street-going VFR of any generation from third on, 1990+, that was built by Honda to be a race bike. In 1990, Honda sent the VFR (i.e. the VFR750F) down the sport-touring path and that's the way it's been since. The RC30 (VFR750R) and RC45 (RVF750R) were the racing V4s. I would like to know more details about the specifics of your bike if it is indeed some special edition VFR that I've never heard about. I remember seeing a Craigslist ad a while back with very similar language and I got a chuckle out of it.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    typo or confusion?

Curious myself and hoped photos would shed some light.

but he said an '01 800, not an '08

My mistake you are correct.
    I hope he gets the bike returned in good condition.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear it got jacked. It sounds like a pretty unique bike, hopefully it'll turn up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll upload to photobucket tonight and try re-posting the pics that way.

Dirk, in 2007 when Honda had their big blowout and the anniversary edition of the VFR was released, Honda took 6 bikes from 2001 to 2007 (why they didn't start at 2000 I have no idea), with the last of course being the anniversary edition, and re-introduced them back into the race world to "prove" that the mighty, once champion VFR still "had it". They were supposed to race in the Isle of Man, though I don't know if they ever did (at least I know mine didn't), and made an appearance at the Indianapolis GP Moto Inaugural in 2008. The hoopla was short lived apparently and the VFR faded back into obscurity once again.
    When I got the bike back from Honda, they removed 95% of the trackware from the bike, (though I did get to keep the fairings, power commander, exhaust, lights, chain guard and light weight anodized subframe ) citing that the parts were not street legal :\ Gotta love corporations. But, I will say that that bike never ran better than when I got it back from them

I'll see if I can dig up some relevant links for you and Bashed to read up on.

Will keep the eyeballs peeled for this stolen bike. I ride an '01, and while there is nothing limited edition about it, it is so for me. Very special.

Please do.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Hope you get it back...I live in an apartment complex and I had seen these dudes walking around my bike at 12:00am the other night...I walked out there and asked them if they needed help and they walked away...granted I had my G37 with HP's on my side.And a Mini14 in my closet.
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Very few things in this world lower than a thief. Hope you get your bike back and the piece of sh%# who stole it get his nuts beat by a club with nails in it....

I'm definitely waiting on pics, not that I think I'll ever see this bike on the street, but just because I didn't even know it existed...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    How long did it take you to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    About 3,950 results (0.70 seconds)

Google...

(though one of the links it found for "TTIWWOP" was: http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5086/girls34dc.jpg possibly NSFW)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    About 3,950 results (0.70 seconds)

Google...

(though one of the links it found for "TTIWWOP" was: http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5086/girls34dc.jpg possibly NSFW)
    That didn't answer my question smart arse!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Took me just a few moments to steal it from VFRworld - my conscience is clear however considering this is a VFR thread.

1999 DR650SE

so this whole thing was a farce?

1999 DR650SE

Maybe it was ImortalUK!

Still waiting...

But no logins since that post so I'm not holding my breath. It's looking more and more like my initial reaction of "bullshit" was right.

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Maybe it was ImortalUK!
    Imortal doesn't ride a Vfr

1999 DR650SE