Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STOLEN!! 2001 Honda VFR 800 Lmtd Edition

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Re: STOLEN!! 2001 Honda VFR 800 Lmtd Edition

[SomeQUOTE=dirkterrell;614694]Still waiting...

But no logins since that post so I'm not holding my breath. It's looking more and more like my initial reaction of "bullshit" was right.[/QUOTE]

Some people will tell a great story to sell a bike.
    Some people will belive a great story when buying a bike.
    Some same people will relive said story to whomever will listen.
    Dirk, as I, perfer facts to storytelling.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    Some people will tell a great story to sell a bike.
    Some people will belive a great story when buying a bike.
    Yeah, I remember seeing that same text in a Craigslist ad a while back, laughed and moved on to the next ad. This is just the same recycled bullshit.

If anyone on this board is ever looking at a VFR to buy, I'll be happy to look it over and help out in the decision making process. The VFR is an awesome machine but it is not (from 3rd generation, on) a race bike.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    The VFR is an awesome machine but it is not (from 3rd generation, on) a race bike.
    now ya tell me
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

The VFR is an awesome machine but it is not (from 3rd generation, on) a race bike.

I knew I was doing something wrong...
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

But sure does thrill.

it's racy when you put a super charger kit on it.

http://www.aaperf.com/vfrkit-gen6.html
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Is that a problem?? That is my biggest issue with sportbikes is how they have evolved into racebikes with lights. Consider that maybe 10% of sportbikes are ever ridden at a race pace and maybe 1% are ridden exclusively at a race pace this marketing decision while it may sell some bikes it shuts out riders such as myself that dont do track days, ride a reasonable pace in the canyons, like to do 500+ mile days but dont want a full on ST like a Concours or VFR1200. That is where the VFR800 fit in perfectly and fortunately there is now the Ninja 1000

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Is that a problem??
    Not for me, and a of other people too. I was just addressing the OP's claim that Honda had taken some VFRs and turned them into race bikes. The VFR is a great street bike. It can be a decent track day bike. But it is not a bike that anyone with a lick of sense would choose as a race bike.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson