Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fay Myers Parts Department

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Talking Fay Myers Parts Department

Since my trailer got stolen I've been doing a lot of shopping and replacing of most of the stuff that was in there. Along the way I've been offered some really tremendous deals from various shops and companies to help get me back racing, it's been greatly appreciated, but sometimes comes with pitfalls.

Along the way I've also been helping a friend in Oregon (Jim) get started in riding on the track. We sourced a trackbike and then discovered that his helmet was many many years old.

So I ordered a new helmet from one of the places that's really been helping me out for him. It was a Shoei RF1100, which was a brand and model that the shop doesn't usually carry, so it was a special order. The part came in on Friday, and it was the wrong size. Jim was planning on doing the trackday at HPR on Monday, so I had a real problem.

A quick call to Paul (longrider) at Fay Myers and my concerns were eliminated.

Paul confirmed that they had the correct size in stock, and then offered to trade me helmets since the one I had was unused. When I arrived Paul already had the new helmet set aside for me, completed the transaction quickly and thanked me for coming in. I purchased some other accessories from him at the same time, as it was only appropriate to do so.

I didn't buy the first helmet from them, in fact due to the fact that I live way up north I'm barely in Fay Myers these days, but they took excellent care of me anyways.

If you live in the Denver metro area I encourage you to give Fay Myers a shot - they are a locally owned business that carries a bunch of inventory. If you need it they probably have it in stock. On top of that my experiences there show that they deliver excellent customer service.

Three thumbs up!

Re: Fay Myers Parts Department

Paul (Longrider) is a great guy and always takes care of customers
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Yeah, great service at Faye, for maybe 1 in a million customers, let's just say you got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by taikahn View Post
    Yeah, great service at Faye, for maybe 1 in a million customers, let's just say you got lucky.
    No, he just dealt with the right person; Paul
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Site Admin

Yeah - I got lucky I'm sure, I've only been shopping and around in the community for the last 10 years or so, and every time I've gone there I've gotten pretty good service.

That and Bulldog seems to have had a decent experience there - so I guess that's 2 in a million....

3 out of a million, now. I had a good experience buying a bike and parts, does that make it 4?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    No, he just dealt with the right person; Paul
    Totally. That always makes the difference.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Parts have always been good to me, service department is another story.

I like Fey... If you know what you want and you dont have to talk to anyone its great!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I havent had any problems with fay. Hell they have squeezed me in for a tire change when they were busy as shit and should have charged me more to pull one of there guys to do it for me!

AKA "Devaclis"

Parts at Fay has been pretty good to our family. Kudos to Paul for the help
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    It was sales and parts that sucked for me. Never tried service.

Some people just complain about everything.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Never had a bad experience, but like any restaurant or other service, it all depends on who you get, some people are better than others.

But, on the whole, Fay is typically much better and more professional than your average shop...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I can't speak to Fay service since I have done my own work for years, but recently a friend's new and very expensive Italian mistress ate a piston 50 miles on the clock after purchase. Fay showed up with a truck after hours, picked up his ride, took it back, and had a brand new bike (not the repaired one he already paid for) in his hands the next day. I've also been having good experiences there and have no issue giving them my money. They had a rocky couple years some time ago, but recognized it and have made sure it doesn't happen again.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Paul has always gone out of his way to help me out...even met him once on his way home from work to pic up a part that I paid for over the phone

Great to hear more positive than negative feedback regarding Fay's. They do alot for the motorcycling community and local racing (both roadrace and moto-x). As with any business, sometimes things don't go right. If your not happy with how you were treated at Fay's, escalate it to a managers attention.
    Glad to see this thread didn't get derailed by negative one-sentence responses with no supporting rationale from a 3 month old member with 50 posts.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

I've always had good luck with Fay!

These "shop experiences" threads should be auto locked after the first post... Apparently sharing your not so perfect experience at a perfect shop is not possible.

I would say however that if a shop wanted to pay me money for riding my motorcycle (or give me discounts) I would probably defend them without knowing what happened every time.

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    These "shop experiences" threads should be auto locked after the first post... Apparently sharing your not so perfect experience at a perfect shop is not possible.

I would say however that if a shop wanted to pay me money for riding my motorcycle (or give me discounts) I would probably defend them without knowing what happened every time.
    Ezzzz-

Fay didn't pay me, they just took good care of me last week, and I thought the community should know about it.

Furthermore - my "good" post is a fully written, with supporting facts kind of thing. The "not so perfect" experiences shared in this thread are one line sniper shots.

Got a problem with the service you got at a shop? Make a thread, post it up, write a story about what happened and what you would have liked to see be different.

"XYZ shop sucks" is not a shop experience review - it's a sniper shot that invites people to disagree with you, shoot you down and defend the shop. It also doesn't give the shop owner who's reading this forum anything to work with (and many do read it).

After you've tried to resolve an issue with a shop write a review - maybe they fixed it, maybe they didn't, the community likes to know and so do the managers and owners of the shops. Tell the whole story - give supporting facts and evidence, provide some method of resolution that would have been acceptable to you.

Yes, it takes more time than saying "xyz shop sucks", but if you want me to consider shopping somewhere else you're going to have to give me a better reason than that.

s

I disagree. You should be able to share your shop experiences whether they are positive or negative. However, if you have what you feel to be a negative experience, elaborate on why you believe it be negative. Too often someone posts up this forum that a local shop sucks but they don't elaborate as to why. That is why my previous response included "negative one-sentence responses with no supporting rationale". If you had a bad experience, tell us why.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

I think a lot of people just have stupidly retarded expectations that no shop can ever match.

Case in point--I was at Fay, waiting to pick up my bike late on a Saturday, some guy comes in with his bike on a flatbed, obviously having just thrown it down the road, and he starts demanding that the service writer look at the bike immediately and get it fixed so he can go on his ride Sunday with his buddies.

Really? You think you're that important? Especially in summer when there's usually a 1-2 week wait time for the shop?

And, this is more than typical--idiots thinking their shit is the most important thing ever and it all needs to be done yesterday when the reality is that a shop only has so many techs, so many hours, and can only--literally--do so much.

But, of course, that doesn't stop the idiots from going online and spamming about how miserable their service was--neglecting all the relevant facts...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Talk to Adam in the service department... he has helped me out with the Duc a couple of times now. Super chill dude.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

This is an online (and offline) community of riders. As such, threads tend to generate comments when someone makes a polarized statement about something with which many of us have experiences. Welcome to the Internet.

Fay sponsored this club some years ago. That didn't prevent me or anyone else from calling them out when it was warranted. One of the main features of this particular forum is that we encourage candid discussions, regardless of affiliation. This in turn encourages shops to monitor and participate in this area of the site, making local businesses better for everyone here.

And FWIW, Fay has offered a standing discount in their parts department for CSC members for around a decade now, regardless of people posting up that they had a bad experience. Despite some of our members getting fairly vocal about various things, they've always helped us out (other shops have eliminated those programs when their negative press wasn't filtered in the interest of cheaper commerce). Some food for thought.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...