Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Thanks

Just wanted to thank the corner crews and EMTs for their help yesterday. Also the folks who helped get the trailer loaded. Went to the ER last night due to some pain in the side below my ribs. Cat scan and x-rays show 1 broken rib and fractured pinky. Everything else checked out OK. Have some nice bruising to the shoulder and back area, and some nice welts across the forehead from the helmet. Have to give my Suomy helmet kudos as I never lost consciousness even though I banged the head pretty hard.

Just some advice... When the little voice in your head is telling you to skip a race weekend... Listen. We are closing on the sell of our house and the purchase of the new one next Monday. All week long I kept debating about cancelling this past race weekend and staying home and packing. After riding the worst race I've ever ridden in Super Twins, I considered skipping AGTO. Didn't listen to that voice and the fact that my head wasn't where it should have been cost me some injuries. Just glad I didn't take anyone else out.
    Mike

01 RSVR Mille (street)
    04 RSVR Mille (race)

MRA #98

Suomy Helmets, TK Motorsports, Zero Gravity Windscreens, Morse Racing Products, Motul Lubricants,

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."
    John Wayne

Re: Thanks

Mikey if you need any help moving yell I pretty much open anytime.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

glad you're feeling ok, mike. The only thing I remember was hearing the bike skidding across the asphalut, then looking over and seeing you about 2 or 3 feet in the air, head pointed east and legs pointed west, bike creating a plume of sparks and then both disappearing over the edge of the track. Red flag. BTW, it's harder to get a bike out of gear with no rearset at all. Heal up quick.

Mikey - Glad your not to banged up from that get off. It could have been worse! Let me know if you need help moving or anything else....

Ray-Ray
    MRA#16
    2011 MRA Track Marshal
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray";p="210396
    Mikey - Glad your not to banged up from that get off. It could have been worse! Let me know if you need help moving or anything else....

Ray-Ray
    not too banged up? broken bones and a near head trauma injury.. i feel like a pussy with my injuries.. heal dude... take those vicodin!

makes you think don't it?...

jap
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch";p="210394
    Mikey if you need any help moving yell I pretty much open anytime.

Lurch
    Same here let me know if you need help

Mike

303-888-6306

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!
    Hey Mike guess I could help you move but I'm much better at giving massages... if youre still hurting next time we see eachother let me know I'm sure Hoopty will understand
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Glad to hear your fairly ok. Looked like the bike survived pretty well, at least when I rolled it into the trailer it didn't look too bad. They kept saying the colorbone outside the ambulance, glad to see that wasn't the case. Heal up quick!

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    I'm glad you're relatively ok.

So how much did Lurch pay you to cause the red flag? I want half!!!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin
    GLad youre oK Mike... Itoo had a funny feeling about this weekend.... Eh oh well live and learn even if you end up being sore! Heal fast
    Newton

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RSVR4aCowboy";p="210392
    Cat scan and x-rays show 1 broken rib and fractured pinky. Everything else checked out OK.
    Guess you'll just have to use your other pinky to pick your nose now..

Oh yeah... there are too many voices in my head to listen to ... ..

Glad you are doing ok Mike... heal up quick... Maybe someone can bring ya some milk to cheer ya up???
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty";p="210413

glad it's not any worse mike... get well soon
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

Hey Mike hope you're feeling better than me this morning. I am outta work and bored everyday so give me a shout if you need help moving.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

BTW the redflag was called because the pit ambulance took a patient right before Mike's crash, so when we rolled the infield one we had to stop the race (no ambulances in service = no racing). Since everyone had just made it past the halfway and were going to be there a while with Mike, I called it a day.

Mikey I hear what you're saying about listening to that voice. I distinctly heard that right before I totalled my first street bike. And before this weekend, couldn't shake this feeling that I was crashing somewhere. So it may have been a good thing that I disabled my bike on accident Sunday before I ever got it out of my pit. Between the "voices", my battery crapping out, and busting the brake caliper, I think that's a pretty clear sign to just leave the bike on it's stand for the day. I do appreciate Dysco's efforts to find another caliper however, as he was just tryin to help a brotha out.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Ralph- thanks for giving us an update on the red flag, alot of us were pretty confused as to why it came out when Mike and bike (that rhymes LOL ) were off in the dirt.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Glad to hear it's not too serious, Mike. Add me to the list of helpers for moving.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Mike, I'm really glad it wasn't worse. I was a bit worried when the ambulance was called out, but grew more concerned because the riders were waiting on pre-grid for so long. You and I have both had our share of bad ones at SCR, resulting in extended (and non-social) ambulance visits. Glad you're relatively okay.

Like I said on the phone - my offer to help move still stands, so let me know.

Thanks everyone. I just called a mover and hired them to Pack and Move for us. Figure less headaches for everyone Sorta hard to ask for help after being dumb enough to lock the front brakes up and go blacktop surfing. Still haven't figured out why the brakes locked so quickly. When I first applied the brakes, they bit so hard the rear came off the ground. I released them and started squeezing them again and the front locked. Thought I was on ice for a minute. Either something weird happened with the brakes or I lost all feel for braking the Aprilia. Will take a good look at them once I heal enough to work on it.
    Mike

01 RSVR Mille (street)
    04 RSVR Mille (race)

MRA #98

Suomy Helmets, TK Motorsports, Zero Gravity Windscreens, Morse Racing Products, Motul Lubricants,

John Wayne

Bummer Mike, and it may have been from a brake malfunction. Yikes!

This crashing stuff kind of sucks doesn't it!

Take it easy buddy!

Mike,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to come over and say hi before you left. I was glad to see you driving your stuff home... and am especially glad to hear that it wasn't another broken collarbone like I initially heard.

Hope to see you out there soon.
    The rolling chicane formerly known as RockyR6

Glad to hear that you are doing ok. I hope that everything heals as it should and you get back to doing what you love soon. Have fun moving.
    I am not looking forward to packing up either but it has to be done.

Hopefully every thing else will go smoothly for you.

Take care

Hey Mike I never got to see you after the crash though I did see your bike ,didnt look good, Hope you and your Priller have a speedy recovery.

Hoopty, correction! I was in the mud not the dirt Just looked at my leathers
    Ed, bike is barely damaged... broken left rearset, left exhaust can came off but still usable, broken exhaust hanger, and some scuffs on the upper and left bar end. Didn't even put a scratch in the tank.
    Mike

01 RSVR Mille (street)
    04 RSVR Mille (race)

MRA #98

John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty";p="210413
    Sad to say between yours and the other crashes occupation of the ambulances and subsequent red flag, I to ended up profiting by the early end of the race Sorry Ray as it looks as though that nice pass you put on me at the end didn't stick but at least you finished with the gas $. Trade ya
    That will definately be one of my higher finishes in AmO