Re: Bystanders Save Motorcyclist

inb4atgattargumentandlock
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Holy shit, lay off the helmet shit for a day or 5, k?

Why not just let a great story of normal people banding together to save a life inspire and enlighten those who read it? We have certified NTSB employees all up in here don't we?
    i didn't make any sort of negative comment i was merely pointing out how not wearing a helmet may have saved this mans life. Its fate if i have every seen it!

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    i didn't make any sort of negative comment i was merely pointing out how not wearing a helmet may have saved this mans life. Its fate if i have every seen it!
    Nope, you didn't. Was he wearing a Hans device? Gloves? Padded leather pants and an armored jacket? Not really the point of the story. It is just irritating when "was he wearing gear that I would approve of?" comes up in a story when really, the point is the people, not the OSHA approval rating of the cloting the individual was wearing.

No worries tho, it will happen in EVERY thread on this board about a mototrycle accident NOT involving someone we all know. It is the SOP because more than curiosity, people like to feel they are better or more capable than those who do not conform. That and being able to point out where someone else went wrong is a REAL rush around here. Carry on.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Incredibly lucky individual..! It's great to see complete strangers band together to rescue another, I believe a lot of us have that in us... I know I haven't got along that well with everybody at times, but I have a great respect and honor for everyone on this site and know that anyone on this site would be the first to help... I love the way the girl was the first to grab the car from the bottom and really lift the damn thing, the business suit just stood there (maybe the driver, in shock..?)... Anyway way to go people..!
    Last edited by BOOMER; Tue Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: forgot something...

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    inb4atgattargumentandlock
    Dude, open your vag and argue with me. Don't be all quiet and bashful. You know I like my ladies strong and outspoken.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    That's awesome! Good people coming together to do something amazing. You guys can focus on the negatives all you want, but that's just a really cool, positive thing. Makes me keep hope in civilization.
    I know that between you and I, we could have lifted that 4000 pound car off the dude. The real question is, would we be able to lift a KLR if it were on top of him? I am guessing no.

Nope, you didn't. Was he wearing a Hans device? Gloves? Padded leather pants and an armored jacket? Not really the point of the story. It is just irritating when "was he wearing gear that I would approve of?" comes up in a story when really, the point is the people, not the OSHA approval rating of the cloting the individual was wearing.

No worries tho, it will happen in EVERY thread on this board about a mototrycle accident NOT involving someone we all know. It is the SOP because more than curiosity, people like to feel they are better or more capable than those who do not conform. That and being able to point out where someone else went wrong is a REAL rush around here. Carry on.
    Fair enough I wasn't trying to push it in that direction though just making the observation that this man is very lucky to be alive and yes i do agree it is amazing to see a crowd of complete strangers help lift an entire car for one man no matter who he was or what he was wearing. When i watched the video for the first time i got a wave of "Wow that is something truly beautiful" that came over me! Human nature is amazing and good on these people for acting on it!

I know that between you and I, we could have lifted that 4000 pound car off the dude. The real question is, would we be able to lift a KLR if it were on top of him? I am guessing no.
    Tough question, KLR's do like to take naps from time to time. If it was a KLR, I'd say he deserves it. Cut our losses and move on. Just my .02

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Fair enough I wasn't trying to push it in that direction though just making the observation that this man is very lucky to be alive and yes i do agree it is amazing to see a crowd of complete strangers help lift an entire car for one man no matter who he was or what he was wearing. When i watched the video for the first time i got a wave of "Wow that is something truly beautiful" that came over me! Human nature is amazing and good on these people for acting on it!
    Don't be so grim all the time lol /doubleentendre'

Don't be so grim all the time lol /doubleentendre'

Dude, open your vag and argue with me. Don't be all quiet and bashful. You know I like my ladies strong and outspoken.

the Drama, how far can they go!

The Best Ride could be the next ride

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I've never understood the "omg somebody should totally help that person while I stand here watching and record" thing.
    In all (ok, some?) fairness, the person shooting video wasn't just standing beside the fiery wreckage filming instead of helping... according to the commentary in this news report, the video was recorded by a person in a nearby office building.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

.......someone was really watching over this guy to help him survive this crash.
    the guy looked gone after the folks pulled him out. He survived?

Yeah he's in stable condition, mentioned in first post. The Mormons saved the day!
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

mormons did good.

I didn't read this comment until just now when I was in bed watching Murder She Wrote. I giggled. Do you faggots go to alibis anymore or what?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Good news is so rare nowadays, especially involving a motorcycle. Glad the guy's gonna be ok!

And regardless of what gear the dude may have been wearing, someone did pull out in front of him and he is gonna live.
    Last edited by MetaLord 9; Wed Sep 14th, 2011 at 08:25 AM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I didn't read this comment until just now when I was in bed watching Murder She Wrote. I giggled. Do you faggots go to alibis anymore or what?
    Yepper. All the time. Lots of sweet bikers in Harley gear there.

AKA "Devaclis"

Those guys turned out to be real assholes:

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    And regardless of what gear the dude may have been wearing, someone did pull out in front of him and he is gonna live.
    And it was a newer beemer so he's gettin paid!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    And it was a newer beemer so he's gettin paid!
    Turns out the driver of the BMW is a department head at USU - the same university where the motorcyclist is a student...

http://directory.usu.edu/aggie/4b72e2/

Referenced here... http://www.usustatesman.com/heroes-l...dent-1.2627362

^ lol, good grades for life
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post
    ^ lol, good grades for life
    Shit with the check he is probably going to get he may not need to finish school!