Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Poll: COD or Battlefield

Re: Poll: COD or Battlefield

Any server any gametype?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I'll try a different game type. Their servers actually just crashed again so no one can even get on to play.

really, by day 3, I think people now have the right to be angry

Glad I didn't buy it. BTW Batman Arkham City is THE SHIT!

I just flew a helicopter through a tunnel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip3eQhdcMRg

Earlier I also took my chopper, went and stole the other asshole's chopper, then flew it through. But didn't get that one on video

Occasional lag spikes, overall not terrible, but bad rubber banding when it hits. Matchmaker doesn't always work so have to use the browser. (PS3)

For some reason, I'm not as good with the helos as I was in BC2, and I'm complete shit in the jets. PC with an actual flight stick was way better (BF2) than six-axis controller flight.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

After having owned BF3 and MW3 since they came out, BF3 is the better game.

It may not have the rabid fanbois to drive sales, but in every way it's better-looking, better-playing, and simply...better.

MW3 is a complete disappointment. Even in the Single Player Campaign, which I loved in MW1 & 2 was pretty lame, uninteresting, and boring--seriously how many times does something crash or you get concussed in order for the scene to change? Where's the impact of the tactical nuke in MW1, where you crawl out and die? Where's the shock of being one of the terrorists murdering everyone in the Moscow airport? Where's the gut-wrenching sight of Whisky Hotel all blown to shit as you race up it to light your flares? Where's the epic end where you pull a knife out of your chest and hurl it into the villain's eye? I know no one really plays MW3 for the SP, but I really enjoyed the campaigns in 1 & 2, this one...sucked.

As to Multi-player, it's really only MW2 with new maps, and that's it.

None of the cool wager/money/contract/customization aspects of Black Ops made it in, the graphics are from MW2, the engine is from MW2, the only "new" aspect are the Strike Packages, and they're nothing amazing...$60 for a "new" MW3 that's 99% MW2? Not impressed...

Sadly, all MW3 has done is make me like Black Ops more--at least it had some neat game changes, and the Contracts could be fun--I once got my 7th sniping headshot (of the 7 needed) with less than 2 seconds to go--right as the game ended. That was fun, added an element to the game beyond the mere Run & Gun that's all MW3 is. And, maybe it's just me, but MW3 seems to be on even smaller maps than Black Ops or MW2 used to have--all for the "intensity" I suppose, but it makes it just a case of Hold Sprint, Hold Fire, Run, Die, Repeat.

Meh.

Anyone on PS3 want to try the BF3 Co-Op missions?
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I am disappoint in the "new" maps, and still getting used to the nerfs in the last patch.

The AT mines now have very short persistence, so they're almost pointless, and the EOD bot (to disarm them) has a hard time finding any.

As to the old maps--they feel old, and not as well thought out or balanced as the new maps do. 5 bases for a 12 v 12 games is just too many. Wake island is unbalanced as hell, and the rest are mediocre at best.

Really, I'd have preferred if they'd re-released maps from BF:BC2, especially the open-field armor one from the Xpak (Harvest?)

Bummer.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

BF3's Close Quarters DLC and Premium service launch today, and even if you don't get either the 1.05 patch is required to play (fixes the M26 Exploit and some other issues).

First the USAS-12 nerf, then the M26 fix, poor shotguns...

Anyone planning on getting either Close Quarters or Premium?

I find it annoying that Premium is touting how its $50 covers "all DLC" when Karkand has already been out, and people either paid the $15 for it or got it included with the Limited Edition version of the game--so including it as a "benefit" for Premium seems lame...just me?
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Not sure I'll be getting another Game/DLC from EA. I'm pretty close to abandoning them after they started the microtransaction pay2upgrade shit.

EA's whole corporate attitude can suck a dick.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Damn people still play these games?

I heard they're making another. I don't think I want to buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare 26. There's never anything new

BF3 is sick, I've played a lot of it on the PS3. I haven't played much in awhile though, so not sure if I'm going to get the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Not sure I'll be getting another Game/DLC from EA. I'm pretty close to abandoning them after they started the microtransaction pay2upgrade shit.

EA's whole corporate attitude can suck a dick.
    Apparently they're sucking each other off at E3 all week instead of getting the new content to work.

I'm on the BF3 forums and while you can pay the $50 for the BF3 Premium package, and you can pay the $15 for the new DLC map pack if you don't want to buy Premium, you cannot connect to the servers to actually play the game, and/or it connects and then locks up on the Loading screen and leaves you with a Black Screen of Death until you manually restart your now-frozen PS3.

Awesome, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I heard they're making another. I don't think I want to buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare 26. There's never anything new
    There's never anything new because everyone votes with their wallets and when they buy 15 Million copies of BF3 and 100 Million copies of COD, but they won't buy anything with a new title, or style of play, then the "safe bet" for Big Bucks is for EA and Activision to keep churning out the same shit over and over again...

...sad but true...

Quote Originally Posted by YrDaDy View Post
    BF3 is sick, I've played a lot of it on the PS3. I haven't played much in awhile though, so not sure if I'm going to get the DLC.
    Well, right now you can get it for PS3, it just won't work so you can play it...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm disappointed with all the games out. BF3 is definitely a step above COD. They've not changed anything gameplay related beside adding extraneous features that are unnecessary.

What I'd like to see is a real combat simulator. Something where your weapons malfunction at a realistic percentage, and have to be cleared during combat. Seeing scopes, and optics at actual sight level, semi distorted with the buttstock and barrel still in view. Varying weather conditions, more realistic bullet characteristics, windage and elevation adjustments. Iron sights that aren't completely level or steady especially while moving, slower resets after recoil, magazines that stay at a constant capacity when tactically reloaded.

Team based combat, specific goals, extractions, hostage scenarios. Some of the things reminiscent of early Counter-Strike gameplay modes, where teams would extract hostages, or try to prevent extraction. Friendly fire always on, no heads up display, having to physically look down at a mag pouch open it retrieve a magazine and remember how many magazines remain.

We have way too much technology available to not have a true to life combat simulator, and this would keep the kids from overcrowding servers and exploiting games. Whether or not there would be enough of a market to justify producing a game of this kind is the question.

#5 really cracks me up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLH-6OIXhPE
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Armored Kill comes out in September, and will suck unless you're on PC to enjoy the full 64-player action. I'm assuming the consoles will still be 24 players, which means there'll be 10 people in vehicles and 2 stuck on the ground looking for something to do...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdonRaoT85w
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    No way number 6 was fucking hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    No way number 6 was fucking hilarious!
    Yeah, I typo'd, 6 was the tank, right?
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HR636 View Post
    I'm disappointed with all the games out. BF3 is definitely a step above COD. They've not changed anything gameplay related beside adding extraneous features that are unnecessary.

What I'd like to see is a real combat simulator. Something where your weapons malfunction at a realistic percentage, and have to be cleared during combat. Seeing scopes, and optics at actual sight level, semi distorted with the buttstock and barrel still in view. Varying weather conditions, more realistic bullet characteristics, windage and elevation adjustments. Iron sights that aren't completely level or steady especially while moving, slower resets after recoil, magazines that stay at a constant capacity when tactically reloaded.

Team based combat, specific goals, extractions, hostage scenarios. Some of the things reminiscent of early Counter-Strike gameplay modes, where teams would extract hostages, or try to prevent extraction. Friendly fire always on, no heads up display, having to physically look down at a mag pouch open it retrieve a magazine and remember how many magazines remain.

We have way too much technology available to not have a true to life combat simulator, and this would keep the kids from overcrowding servers and exploiting games. Whether or not there would be enough of a market to justify producing a game of this kind is the question.
    Arms 2 is right up your alley. 3 is due in winter.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yeah, I typo'd, 6 was the tank, right?
    Yea when he drove it up the alley destroying everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Yea when he drove it up the alley destroying everyone.
    Heh, yeah that's the one!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson