Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned.... Anybody know why?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Banned.... Anybody know why?

ImortalUK

Did I miss something?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Banned.... Anybody know why?

No. You didn't miss anything. There is an outside factor involved that We're not at liberty to discuss, but after careful consideration it was clear that suspending his membership was both necessary, and appropriate.

We really cant say anything more about this.

Scott

AKA "Devaclis"

Super Secret CSC Stuff. It is not our place to question, only to obey.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Thank you for your input

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Super Secret CSC Stuff. It is not our place to question, only to obey.
    Dana! You're finally catching on!

George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

I'm not going to take sides here. I don't know if he got banned for a good reason or not? And to be honest, I never met the guy and so it doesn't effect my life if he's here or not (No offense ImortalUK). I have my own opinions, but that's neither here, nor there.

I have to say that I think the CSC let's people get away with a lot of shit. Threads go really bad before they are locked. I'm on a couple of other forums (as I'm sure most of us are) and you couldn't get away with half of the crap there. On ADV, if you put up a negative post towards someone, they take it down and pm you not to do that. Do it a second time and you get banned (at least temporarily). If that were the case here, there'd only be 9 threads a year.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    No. You didn't miss anything. There is an outside factor involved that We're not at liberty to discuss, but after careful consideration it was clear that suspending his membership was both necessary, and appropriate.

We really cant say anything more about this.

Scott
    Well i guess he will be back sometime soon given that it is a suspension !

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I'm not going to take sides here. I don't know if he got banned for a good reason or not? And to be honest, I never met the guy and so it doesn't effect my life if he's here or not (No offense ImortalUK). I have my own opinions, but that's neither here, nor there.

I have to say that I think the CSC let's people get away with a lot of shit. Threads go really bad before they are locked. I'm on a couple of other forums (as I'm sure most of us are) and you couldn't get away with half of the crap there. On ADV, if you put up a negative post towards someone, they take it down and pm you not to do that. Do it a second time and you get banned (at least temporarily). If that were the case here, there'd only be 9 threads a year.
    ^^Yes, but then we wouldn't be able to keep using the "CSC We Know Drama" logo
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    ^^Yes, but then we wouldn't be able to keep using the "CSC We Know Drama" logo
    True. Personally, that's one thing I find entertaining about this site.

And while I was reading this thread it looks like it got deleted.

Edit: Nevermind, just when I clicked new posts it was gone but now it is back.
    Last edited by longrider; Tue Sep 20th, 2011 at 08:29 AM.

I think we need to take the opposite approach and if people talk smack back and forth on the board, CSC sets up a fight night between the two Either people learn to not talk smack or they get good at fighting; win, win!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

^^How 'bout a compromise: n00b deathmatch challenge.

before posting drama on the site, you have to cage match beat the hell outta every other n00b that posted on the same page as you in the "welcome to the csc" thread.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I do agree with Sean that CSC lets a lot more go on than other forums I am on. I am not on ADVrider so that could be different but I have noticed that in general motorcycle forums seem to be more relaxed than other forums. That just means when a ban does happen it really stands out

I've been trying to get a CSC fight night going for like 8 years..

as a (reasonably) new member, I don't get much more out of this site than drama and bs. It seems very cliquey

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    as a (reasonably) new member, I don't get much more out of this site than drama and bs. It seems very cliquey
    Well stop hanging out in "non-bike discussion" because the site actually has tons of useful motorcycle info. People just get drawn to the drama....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I think that's one of the things that makes this site what it is, a lot of us know each other (or get to know each other). On more national sites, the option isn't always there. Hence the drama and extensive inside jokes. I can see it being cliquey too.

Apparently you dont spend much time in Jomamma. ADVrider, Pirate, SVTperformance...shit just about every forum that has to do with internal combustion you get shit talking. It's the fucking internet. CSC is weak in comparrison.

As much as that trends to be true there is a lot of good info here, and no shortage of people willing to help with your bike. As Nate said, take a look around.

on other local forums, sure there's groups that meet each other and always hang out. It tends to be people that were all noobs in the same year. But we used to get the new guys joining us all the time. Most of my buddies were the track junkies, so during a race weekend, there'd be 30+ site members all together.

Out here it just seems like the old schoolers do their thing and comment on what the noobs are doing.

edit: I was eyeballing the 'dinner with jmetz' thread btw, that's the kind of event that I used to enjoy meeting new people at in VA.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

and we get these amazing signatures and avatars too boot!
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Thank you for your input
    Coffee just came out my nose.

Apparently you dont spend much time in Jomamma.
    Nope, I sure don't. No interest at all. Ride reports (entertainment), Rockies (riding) and Orange Crush (information), that's all I need. And there's never drama in those.