Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I tried doing laying-down, dumbbell fly's, one arm at a time. I felt that in my core!

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll order some after I finish the current container.

Couple of Q's:
1. Do you mix with water or milk?
2. Do you add anything else? (I usually put a banana in my vanilla shake)
3. Which flavors are good for each of them?
4. I know Neurocore is pre-workout; do you do the protein shale right after? Any other times?
1. I use a mixture of milk and water. Put maybe a inch of milk then the rest water. I add the milk mainly for flavor because I like that milk shake type of drink over the watery shake. Lately I have been using coconut milk and that seems to work well. I am going to try some others like soy and rice next and see what I like. If I have access to ice I sometimes put that in also to thicken it up.

2. Since I drink so many of these I try to play around and see what tastes good in them. I use a variety of frozen fruit (mixed fruit, strawberries, bluberries, mangos, pineaplle, etc). I buy them in bulk from Costco and prefer the frozen fruit and blend it all up and it becomes a thick shake. I always use vanila, banana, or pina colada protein flavors to mix the fruit with. Other than fruit I put other things in there to keep it from getting boring. With my Mocha chocolate protein I sometimes add coffee in there (poor it over ice first to cool it down). My office has a bunch a flavored coffe so I experiment what tastes good. I also steal some of my girls flavored coffee creamers now and then to spice it up also. I love that Almond Joy coffee creamer added to chocolate protein.

3. On flavors I relly only know Dymatize Elite Isolate protein since that is the one I have used for years. Favorite flavor is the mocha chocolate. There chocolate fudge is also good. Vanila, smooth banana, berry blast, and Pina Colada are the ones one I like. I've bought the Butter Toffee and use that to mix with the chocolate flavors to change things up. Really Dymatize Elite Isolate has been one of the best tasting protein I have tried and all the flavors I have tried have been good

4. The most important time to drink protein is within half a hour after you stop working out! Always drink a shake right after you get out of the gym because that is when your body needs it most for repairing. This is a good time to add fresh fruit too, because the natural sugars will help with soreness and repairing. I drink a shake for breakfast (with oatmeal), and another one two hours later for a snack. Eat lunch, then two hours later drink another shake. I don't drink one right before I go to the gym since I usually take that or my lunch about 2 hours from when I start lifting. I just use Neurocore before my workout and that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
Not quite yet. The wife just had the baby Friday morning so I'm outta the gym for about a week, maybe 2. I'm still looking at May of next year for my first show. It should give me plenty of time to bulk up a bit more and work on my trouble parts.
Wow, congrats man on the new baby