929 - Yard Sale'd

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Aren't you banned or something?
    Do you want to be?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I DIDNT DO NOTHIN. I AINT GOT NO WARRANTS.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I DIDNT DO NOTHIN. I AINT GOT NO WARRANTS.
    You have a warrant for my love.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

rofl
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Go on.
    Damn moderators messing up the "Get in Shape" thread

So Wicky, give us a update on your fitness
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

rofl
    What about you, scooter? After your last bad gym experience, have you tried to keep it up some?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Nate, that sounds like a smart move. I don't know nearly as much about weightlifting, but in endurance sports (at least from my limited knowledge) you have to listen to your body and have enough down time/recovery, in order to make the gains you want. Personally, I think downtime is one of the hardest things. You know you "can" do more, but you know you shouldn't. Wise choice.
    I just kept telling myself "a few more weeks then you will have a entire week off from the gym", but damn I can't make it till then and have to listen to my body like you said. I am already planning a nice long nap after work instead of going to the gym

What about you, scooter? After your last bad gym experience, have you tried to keep it up some?
    Sure did! I have kept on at all week. The only day I may have "skipped" was Sunday, which was supposed to be a full body workout day, but instead I walked around the Tanner Gun Show for 2 hours and then went golfing for 4.5 hours. Second time ever golfing 18, so my body was rather sore at the end of it. I'm going to chalk that up as "close enough". Especially in my core section. Lordy, that is still sore.

Other that that, I have been eating really well each day, dinner usually has some cheat in it since we also have to accommodate a meal that our son will eat as well. I really like the Shred Matrix pills I have been taking. The appetite suppression is awesome, the mental focus and clarity is nice, and I feel like they are helping. I'm up on legs today, so I might try jack3d again, but at a lower dosage than 1 scp.

I did end up trying it a second time last week when I was on upper body workout. I monitored my water and food intake very closely that day and was spot on. Despite that, I was only able to make it through about 15 of 20 minutes of cardio at the end of the workout before I gave up fighting the puke urge and stopped. I think I'll give it one more shot and if I don't like it still I'll just sell it someone on here.

Weighed myself this morning after an Austin Powers piss - 281.2
    Weight August 1 - 298.9
    Last edited by Zach929rr; Tue Oct 18th, 2011 at 09:11 AM.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    So Wicky, give us a update on your fitness
    I stopped working out. I found that I'm losing weight, not doing it. I was eating good, doing Insanity, and wasn't seeing any results. I actually lost 5lbs, then gained it back, doing the same thing. So I'm not sure what is going on. So I've just been eating the same and losing a bit at a time. Kris and I have been going for walks and trying to get out of the house more.

We did some research on the HCG stuff and ended up ordering that. It shipped yesterday, so we'll be starting that next week sometime. Doing the drops, because I hate needles. So the plan is to do that, hopefully lose the 15-20 that I feel I need to lose, and then keep eating right and get back into playing some basketball. Hell, I might even try to go to the gym with you once and a while.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

fucking hcg

i am disappoint
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

fucking hcg

i am disappoint
    Figured some would be. But at the rate I was going, I wasn't happy. But hey, I'm still eating right, actually eating breakfast (which I never did before), getting out of the house instead of vegging out every night on the couch. Doing this, I'm still losing weight.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Just busting your balls. Brad is over half way done on his 30 day stage whatever, and I think he is down almost 15 lbs or something. He did the injections though.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Progress is progress, no matter how it works for ya. Bummed to not have an Insanity buddy, but it's not a big deal. Not everybody can look as good as I'm going too.

And it's amazing how much going for a walk after a meal helps with digestion. And if you are eating the right foods, it makes it even better. Just don't try and play basketball when you're only taking in 500 calories a day!

Personally, I think the biggest thing is health awareness and trying to incorporate good things into your life. We all have different ways of doing it, and at different levels, but as long as we are doing it, that's the thing that counts.

I stopped working out. I found that I'm losing weight, not doing it. I was eating good, doing Insanity, and wasn't seeing any results. I actually lost 5lbs, then gained it back, doing the same thing. So I'm not sure what is going on. So I've just been eating the same and losing a bit at a time. Kris and I have been going for walks and trying to get out of the house more.

We did some research on the HCG stuff and ended up ordering that. It shipped yesterday, so we'll be starting that next week sometime. Doing the drops, because I hate needles. So the plan is to do that, hopefully lose the 15-20 that I feel I need to lose, and then keep eating right and get back into playing some basketball. Hell, I might even try to go to the gym with you once and a while.
    Dude WTF! How long were you even workin out? You know there are ups and downs until your body gets into a solid rythm. That's the #1 problem with people getting in shape, they don't see instantaneous results and give up. Have fun drinkin preggo womans pee

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Have fun drinkin preggo womans pee
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

"Losing weight" is typically something you want to do by burning fat and the best way to burn fat is to gain muscle. I'm at the heviest weight I have ever been at and also in the best shape of my life. You can get heavier on the scale and still get into better shape. Plus, muscle weighs a lot more than fat. Don't get discouraged too quick. I would say you should contact Bree with XBAM and ask for some advice with cardio/diet/exercise. I'm sure she can point you in the right direction
    Casey D

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    I would say you should contact Bree with XBAM and ask for some advice with cardio/diet/exercise. I'm sure she can point you in the right direction

Or check out her website - http://thebettyrocker.com/ She has a lot of good diet advice and suggestions.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Progress is progress, no matter how it works for ya. Bummed to not have an Insanity buddy, but it's not a big deal. Not everybody can look as good as I'm going too.

And it's amazing how much going for a walk after a meal helps with digestion. And if you are eating the right foods, it makes it even better. Just don't try and play basketball when you're only taking in 500 calories a day!

Personally, I think the biggest thing is health awareness and trying to incorporate good things into your life. We all have different ways of doing it, and at different levels, but as long as we are doing it, that's the thing that counts.
    I used to just eat whatever and not do too much, unless it was the weekend. So this thread has been a big motivator to eat better, and actually think about what I'm doing. I cheated a bit and had an AWESOME burger on Saturday, but other than that, I've been eating good things, and smaller portions of it.

Dude WTF! How long were you even workin out? You know there are ups and downs until your body gets into a solid rythm. That's the #1 problem with people getting in shape, they don't see instantaneous results and give up. Have fun drinkin preggo womans pee
    I knew I wouldn't get results right away, and I was doing it for 2 weeks straight. I didn't think I'd gain the weight back though, since I'm not really building muscle with doing a bunch of cardio everyday. My thing is to lose the fat right now, and I have a lot of it to get rid of. At least I'm not stapling my stomach, right?

Mmmmm preggo pee.

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    "Losing weight" is typically something you want to do by burning fat and the best way to burn fat is to gain muscle. I'm at the heviest weight I have ever been at and also in the best shape of my life. You can get heavier on the scale and still get into better shape. Plus, muscle weighs a lot more than fat. Don't get discouraged too quick. I would say you should contact Bree with XBAM and ask for some advice with cardio/diet/exercise. I'm sure she can point you in the right direction
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Or check out her website - http://thebettyrocker.com/ She has a lot of good diet advice and suggestions.
    I've been reading her blog once and a while. I am actually doing her suggestion on the big breakfast and smaller dinners. At night I'm trying not to eat as much, because that's what I use to do. I'd eat a huge thing of spaghetti, and then go back for 2nds. So I'll do smaller portions, and when I have that on my plate, we'll pack up the rest and put it in the fridge, so I don't go back for more.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Mother Goose...you pussy!

Mother Goose...you pussy!
    I was waiting for it!! You need to move back to Arvada.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

One trick, don't own a scale! I have no idea how much i weight right now. I'd guess 190-200 but really, I have no idea. And truth be told, I don't really care. I'm slowly looking better, the exercises are slowly getting easier, and I am feeling pretty good. At least for me, that's enough. If I feel good, look good and am healthy, I'm not sure what difference it would make if I'm 185 or 190?

One trick, don't own a scale! I have no idea how much i weight right now. I'd guess 190-200 but really, I have no idea. And truth be told, I don't really care. I'm slowly looking better, the exercises are slowly getting easier, and I am feeling pretty good. At least for me, that's enough. If I feel good, look good and am healthy, I'm not sure what difference it would make if I'm 185 or 190?
    Exactly!!!! Weight is such a horrible way to judge how you progress; especially at the beggining when so much fat is getting turned into muscle. Like dragos13 said, muscle weighs more than fat and I see so many people get discouraged because they work out and gain weight; but in reality this is muscle weight and the more muscle the faster you burn fat so it takes some time. Once you get there though and build the muscle up then you can actually eat crappier and not gain the fat like you once did; look at how Keyser Soze says he eats a bunch of stuff like donuts, but since he has the muscle to burn that crappy stuff off it is not as big a deal because your body turns into this "calorie burning machine" especially when you are working out constantly.

I don't know much about this HCG, but I looked it up and was kind of surprised at the definition (although now I understand why Rob called it pregnancy piss)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_c...c_gonadotropin

This part made me kind of sceptical:

Homeopathic hCG for weight control

Controversy about, and shortages[21] of, injected hCG for weight loss have led to substantial Internet promotion of "homeopathic hCG" for weight control. The ingredients in these products are often obscure, but if prepared from true hCG via homeopathic dilution, they contain either no hCG at all or only trace amounts.
    The United States Food and Drug Administration has stated that this drug is fraudulent and ineffective for weight loss. It is also not protected as a homeopathic drug and has been deemed an illegal substance.[22][23]
    According to the studies noted above, the weight loss indicated by individuals on an "hCG diet" can be attributed entirely to the fact that such diets prescribe a consumption rate of 500-550 calorie per day, or approximately one quarter of what is commonly accepted as the daily recommended value for a male adult of average build and activity. Further, double-blind studies note no decrease in appetite by those taking hCG versus individuals on placebos and have offered no evidence that individuals taking hCG are more likely to lose fat than lean tissue. Long-term results caution that unlike individuals participating in a diet of, for example, 1100 calories per day those on a 500 calorie per day diet are unlikely to develop more appropriate eating habits and will gain weight more quickly after the diet has completed.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    According to the studies noted above, the weight loss indicated by individuals on an "hCG diet" can be attributed entirely to the fact that such diets prescribe a consumption rate of 500-550 calorie per day, or approximately one quarter of what is commonly accepted as the daily recommended value for a male adult of average build and activity. Further, double-blind studies note no decrease in appetite by those taking hCG versus individuals on placebos and have offered no evidence that individuals taking hCG are more likely to lose fat than lean tissue. Long-term results caution that unlike individuals participating in a diet of, for example, 1100 calories per day those on a 500 calorie per day diet are unlikely to develop more appropriate eating habits and will gain weight more quickly after the diet has completed.
    This is pretty much my take on it. I know 2 people that have done this, and they dropped weight pretty fast. They both put weight back on extremely quick after they stepped back from the diet.