Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

I assumed it was a starving the body kind of thing. So are the drops supposed to "trick" the body into thinking it's consuming food? Do the drops taste terrible, thus you not wanting food? I had a friend at work who did it and she lost a ton of weight. had to do it a second time because she gained some back after the first time. She'd get dizzy walking up stairs to quickly. Be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I think I have finally hit the point where my body can't take anymore and I need a couple days (at the least) rest from working out. I go to Playa Del Carmen Mexico at the beggining of next month and have been hitting it hard in prep to be in great shape for that. I've been doing at least 5 days a week for at least the last three months and now I just feel like total sh*t when I have went into the gym the last few days and my entire body is sore and tired.

So I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes it is good to take a few days off to recover.

No doubt. I just took the week before last off. It wasn't in my plans, but I lowsided going to deckers and hyperextended my knee which caused me to get the dreaded "water on the knee" so I had to take it easy for a bit. I was gonna get back to working out minus the cardio but my wife wouldn't allow me to. It's surprising how much better your body feels when you take a few days off here and there.

I’d steer clear of that stuff, Wicky. There are no short-cuts! Being fit is a lifestyle for me, and I can’t imagine living any other way. If you’re really serious about sliming down and toning up, hire a personal trainer. He or she will keep you motivated, help you avoided injury, and work your ass hard…but not too hard. A good trainer can also help you with your diet and supplements. It may be expensive, but worth every penny IMO!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Week 3, Day 3

Pretty good workout this morning. It was pure cardio (the hard one) and cardio abs. This time it was much more fun, because I wasn't hung over on good beer and cheap tequila. A big plus, if you ask me. Plus, I kept a solid pace, but didn't follow the pace of the instructor, this helped a ton. I can do the cardio and do the exercises, but sometimes he just goes faster than I can and it wears me out to fast. So this time I knocked it down a notch and had a good, consistent workout. Still happy with it, still a little bored with it, but whatever.It's just hard when there are three workouts, a stretching, a fit test and an abs (which I've only done twice); cycling the three workouts gets old. They are all similar and use many similar exercises.

One of my buddies is talking about doing a marathon in spring, maybe that'll be my next venture starting in dec?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I’d steer clear of that stuff, Wicky. There are no short-cuts! Being fit is a lifestyle for me, and I can’t imagine living any other way. If you’re really serious about sliming down and toning up, hire a personal trainer. He or she will keep you motivated, help you avoided injury, and work your ass hard…but not too hard. A good trainer can also help you with your diet and supplements. It may be expensive, but worth every penny IMO!
    Every penny that I don't have. I know they are worth it, if you get someone good, but I don't have the money to spend on something like that every month, plus a gym membership.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Every penny that I don't have. I know they are worth it, if you get someone good, but I don't have the money to spend on something like that every month, plus a gym membership.
    You can usually just pay for one for a month and then just memorize or write down what they teach you if you are pressed for money; not really necessary to have one for months on end. Or even go down to the library and pick up a book that a personal trainer has put out and use that.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'll be the devils advocate on this one. I never have enough cash to get a personal trainer. I'm sure they're great, but you can get in shape yourself, if you really want to. There are tons of ways to do it, it just depends on the level you want to keep. You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on training. I have a friend who is doing crossfit right now. She's paying hundreds of dollars a month and getting minimal results. I spent $10 on a six pack of beer and told Wicky he's got pretty eyes in order to get Insanity, and I'm in better shape than my friend.

There are only two solid rules/categories that I generally follow. Keep in mind, I am not a trainer, expert or anything. This is just an opinion. And I'm not saying this for anyone in particular, just for whoever wants to read it.

1. Food- hold yourself accountable. I used to keep a list of what I ate, and not lie. I also watched portions and tried to eat more fruits and veggies. I'm not saying that people should have the perfect diet, I never have, just think about what you're putting into your body. And I always made sure to splurge during the week. I just kept it in check.

2. Do something every day. Like John said, it's a lifestyle. Go for a walk, do jumping jacks, play tennis/basketball, go for a hike, whatever, just do something everyday. Be active. And when your body is truly tired, listen to it and take a day off.

I think maybe Wicky is just making excuses

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I am going to start working out again today for the first time in 3 weeks. Had to stop due to the accident. Was supposed to start on Monday but i was too busy smelling like shit to go to the gym. Its going to feel good but i have a feeling i am going to be sore as hell tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I am going to start working out again today for the first time in 3 weeks. Had to stop due to the accident. Was supposed to start on Monday but i was too busy smelling like shit to go to the gym. Its going to feel good but i have a feeling i am going to be sore as hell tomorrow!
    Was this due to a shart? Must have been one bad shart accident. Next time just clean your pants right away

I think maybe Wicky is just making excuses
    Kind of like when I invite you on a ride?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Was this due to a shart? Must have been one bad shart accident. Next time just clean your pants right away
    The thought had crossed my mind but the shart was so explosive there was nothing to be done but stand there in shame n shit!

I'm anti personal trainer and pro research. I'm sure there are a few trainers out there that know their shit, but most of em are community college lackies, that know jack shit about training. Read, read, and read some more. Get in the gym, see how your body reacts and adapt. Switch up your routine every so often, and train hard. Most people have no idea what it is to actually push themselves.

I wouldnt make excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I'm anti personal trainer and pro research. I'm sure there are a few trainers out there that know their shit, but most of em are community college lackies, that know jack shit about training. Read, read, and read some more. Get in the gym, see how your body reacts and adapt. Switch up your routine every so often, and train hard. Most people have no idea what it is to actually push themselves.
    Yep, I dated a girl that worked at 24 hour part time, and they wanted her to be a personal trainer, cause she was A) in shape and B) hot. They put her through a couple classes and gave her the title. That's why I said "if you get someone good".
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

What! I got one invite this year and it was on the day UFC came into town; which is like my Superbowl Sunday since it is the only sport I follow religiously. Lies! All Lies! No you on the other hand are always welcome to join me at the gym at 24 Hour on Belleview and Santa Fe M, T, Th, Fr 5-:6:30; Sundays around 11 am

P.S. The truth is I am riding less this season because cops scare me and I lost too many points last year

This is very true; I think I am in better shape than all the PT at 24 Hour Fitness I go to. Actually I couldn't have a PT that wasn't in better shape than me because I would not take them serious enough when they pushed me and would always think "shit, you can't even do this".

It is all about finding a good one. TJolt seems to know his stuff and has offered here on the board to PT. You know I am always down to help Wicky.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Oct 19th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

P.S. The truth is I am riding less this season because cops scare me and I lost too many points last year
    It's because you're Mexican.

It is all about finding a good one. TJolt seems to know his stuff and has offered here on the board to PT. You know I am always down to help Wicky.
    For sure, but that's a long way for me to go to workout for an hour. Hence, why Rob needs to get his sweet ass back to Arvada.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

For sure, but that's a long way for me to go to workout for an hour. Hence, why Rob needs to get his sweet ass back to Arvada.
    I hear you man. If you are ever down on a Sunday though I could meet you at a 24 Hour in the middle; can get you in for $5 with my membership.

I'll be home for Christmas...

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

In all honesty, i think every trainer needs to take an anatomy course. You would be surprised how much that helps in every aspect of lifting. knowing how the muscles work and which ones work for different muscle groups.
    Most certs dont require this sort of back ground. and thats why most trainers suck. and actually most start on the core and slowly expand from there. As almost everyone i meet and train, has horrible core strength. This has to be fixed first.
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Week 3, day 4

Thursdays are always the recovery day. It's just a bunch of stretching and stuff. You still work up a little sweat, and some of the exercises work your muscles, but nothing like a normal day. Kind of bummed, I'm going out of town this weekend and will miss saturday's workout. We'll still be doing a hike and stuff, so I'll be getting out. But it won't be the same.

What's interesting, is that Angela is really happy with the results. We were unsure of what the outcome would be for woman, but it's very positive. She is getting trimmer and a bit more toned all around. I know she was worried that she'd look muscley and not as feminine, but at this point in time that is not the case. Just thought I'd let you know in case you have female's that are interested in trying something like this out.

What I'm actually finding that's most interesting, is all of the shit that I get for admitting that I'm doing Insanity. As I've said, I've been into triathlon's for a few years, and all of those friends give me total shit for doing a video workout. Oh well, I'm happy, getting results and getting fit.

Worked out yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. Definitely tough to get back in the groove but felt much better after an hour and a half of lifting. Not as sore as i thought i would be but i loaded up on water, protein, and threw some carbs in to help the recovery. Chest and shoulders today!

Sean, how did the ribs and back hold up? Did you take it easy on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Sean, how did the ribs and back hold up? Did you take it easy on them?
    My back was fine while doing Tricep Pressdown as well as doing inclined bicep curls.

The stomach usually gets mildly worked no matter what exercise you do and i did not feel anything. My wrist started giving me issues while doing the tricep press, but that was about it. everything felt pretty good. I thing taking the muscle relaxer before i went to bed for the last three weeks helped my rib immensely because there was no movement in my abs while sleeping which allowed the rib to heal.

I was thinking about doing some light ab workouts tonight to see how it fairs with weight being put on it.

Back will be tomorrows workout so we shall see but i didn't have any issues after being on my feet for 24 hours on Monday so that is a good sign.