Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    My back was fine while doing Tricep Pressdown as well as doing inclined bicep curls.

The stomach usually gets mildly worked no matter what exercise you do and i did not feel anything. My wrist started giving me issues while doing the tricep press, but that was about it. everything felt pretty good. I thing taking the muscle relaxer before i went to bed for the last three weeks helped my rib immensely because there was no movement in my abs while sleeping which allowed the rib to heal.

I was thinking about doing some light ab workouts tonight to see how it fairs with weight being put on it.

Back will be tomorrows workout so we shall see but i didn't have any issues after being on my feet for 24 hours on Monday so that is a good sign.
    Wow, that rib healed fast then. When I hurt mine it bothered me bad for at least two months when doing any lifting.

So I have taken the last two days off from the gym and am debating to to take more time off or go back today. Probably just me, but I feel like I am smaller and not as in good shape. Maybe just because I am not as solid as usual. Doubt two days could do that, although the last week my workouts have not been good since I was so wasted.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Wow, that rib healed fast then. When I hurt mine it bothered me bad for at least two months when doing any lifting.

So I have taken the last two days off from the gym and am debating to to take more time off or go back today. Probably just me, but I feel like I am smaller and not as in good shape. Maybe just because I am not as solid as usual. Doubt two days could do that, although the last week my workouts have not been good since I was so wasted.
    I have been labeled as a "freak" when it comes to healing and this was actually told to me by a doctor. When i broke my Humourus the Doc said i would not be able to do anything for 6 months. i spent 2 months straight doing nothing but drinking milk, stretching the arm, and building its strength back. When i went for a checkup they did an x ray and showed that the bone was already 83% fused back together. he came in and said "What the fuck have you been doing?" It was pretty awesome.

As far as not feeling in as good of shape do you drink coffee on top of taking jacked? Too much caffeine will do some shit to your body man. you start to build a tolerance and unless you intake more your drive goes out the window. This is why i never drink soda or coffee and never have.

I have been labeled as a "freak" when it comes to healing and this was actually told to me by a doctor. When i broke my Humourus the Doc said i would not be able to do anything for 6 months. i spent 2 months straight doing nothing but drinking milk, stretching the arm, and building its strength back. When i went for a checkup they did an x ray and showed that the bone was already 83% fused back together. he came in and said "What the fuck have you been doing?" It was pretty awesome.

As far as not feeling in as good of shape do you drink coffee on top of taking jacked? Too much caffeine will do some shit to your body man. you start to build a tolerance and unless you intake more your drive goes out the window. This is why i never drink soda or coffee and never have.
    Nope, I rarely drink coffee. The only caffeine I drink other than pre-workouts is one glass of green tea a day (and an occasional energy drink). I am feeling shitty because I have been over training in preps for a trip I am taking in a week and a half and have been trying to just keep training till that date and haven't taken much time off. When I am in the gym I really workout hard and push myself to the max nearly every time. I lift for an hour (very little breaks between sets/reps), then do high resistance/high incline cardio for at least 15 minutes after. This is done 5 times a week; not including the long walks I take my dog on a few times a week. I can't remember the last time I was done and my shirt wasn't drenched in sweat.

Nope, I rarely drink coffee. The only caffeine I drink other than pre-workouts is one glass of green tea a day (and an occasional energy drink). I am feeling shitty because I have been over training in preps for a trip I am taking in a week and a half and have been trying to just keep training till that date and haven't taken much time off. When I am in the gym I really workout hard and push myself to the max nearly every time. I lift for an hour (very little breaks between sets/reps), then do high resistance/high incline cardio for at least 15 minutes after. This is done 5 times a week; not including the long walks I take my dog on a few times a week. I can't remember the last time I was done and my shirt wasn't drenched in sweat.
    Take a break man, I am assuming during the trip you wont be able to lift?

Dude, you know you wont get shit for results when you over train. defeating the purpose going at that pace.

See I hear this from people, but really all the "regulars" at the gym are always there at least 5 times a week and these are all the guys that are in the best shape in the entire gym. Hell some even go 6 days a week lifting and that last day cardio, so they never take time off. Most of us train one body part a day, so it really is nearly a week until that body part is hit up again. The difference for me lately is I can tell when my body needs a rest, but I have been pushing through it in hopes to make it till the end of the month when I plan to take the week off from working out when on vacation. I use to do three days a week for years, but I can tell you that the extra two days have made a huge difference in the last year or so.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

I use to do three days a week for years, but I can tell you that the extra two days have made a huge difference in the last year or so.
    In college I could do two parts a day, 3 day a week and kill it. Now, I only do one group a day and spread legs/abs across those day (spreading those two groups out helps out with core for snowboarding). I just don't have the stamina to crank it like that, nor the time for a 2-hour workout.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Just do your regular thing and when you go on vacation do push ups or 8 count body builders. Working harder now wont account for what you don't do a week for now the body doesn't work that way it likes consistency. If you don't lift for a week its no big deal just keep eating right and do some sort of exercise you will be fine.

Just do your regular thing and when you go on vacation do push ups or 8 count body builders. Working harder now wont account for what you don't do a week for now the body doesn't work that way it likes consistency. If you don't lift for a week its no big deal just keep eating right and do some sort of exercise you will be fine.
    But I have consistently been training like this for over a year...maybe even two years, so it is my regular thing

My decision is this: do I take time off till Sunday, or start today (which really was only two days of rest, but I got lots of sleep and feel much better).

Now that I think about it, I got a flu shot last Thurs and that is kind of when I felt crappy in the gym. Wonder if that has something to do with it too.

But I have consistently been training like this for over a year...maybe even two years, so it is my regular thing

My decision is this: do I take time off till Sunday, or start today (which really was only two days of rest, but I got lots of sleep and feel much better).

Now that I think about it, I got a flu shot last Thurs and that is kind of when I felt crappy in the gym. Wonder if that has something to do with it too.
    Most likely when you get a flu shot you are actually being injected with a low strain of the virus just enough for your body to figure out how to fight it but not enough to actually give you the full blown flu. Most people that get it usually get a minor cold. Thanks for the reminder i need to get mine! I got swine flu two years ago the one year i didn't get the shot and it fucking sucked!!!

Just weighed myself this morning out of curiosity.

I'm now down just over 20lbs since August.

Weight Today - 278.2
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

"I've got veins...that carry blood all over my body"

Carry on...

I will not stop until I can crack open a watermelon between by bicep and forearm.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I'm now down just over 20lbs since August

Way to go Zach!

Most likely when you get a flu shot you are actually being injected with a low strain of the virus just enough for your body to figure out how to fight it but not enough to actually give you the full blown flu. Most people that get it usually get a minor cold. Thanks for the reminder i need to get mine! I got swine flu two years ago the one year i didn't get the shot and it fucking sucked!!!
    This is a good point and may be part of why I have felt crappy since then.

Just weighed myself this morning out of curiosity.

I'm now down just over 20lbs since August.

Weight Today - 278.2
    Wow, congrats homey! Down twenty pounds, but I bet with the added muscle you have gained (muscle weighs more than fat) the fat is really down! Keep it up!

See I hear this from people, but really all the "regulars" at the gym are always there at least 5 times a week and these are all the guys that are in the best shape in the entire gym. Hell some even go 6 days a week lifting and that last day cardio, so they never take time off. Most of us train one body part a day, so it really is nearly a week until that body part is hit up again. The difference for me lately is I can tell when my body needs a rest, but I have been pushing through it in hopes to make it till the end of the month when I plan to take the week off from working out when on vacation. I use to do three days a week for years, but I can tell you that the extra two days have made a huge difference in the last year or so.
    I go 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) and it works just fine for me. Sometimes I will go 6 days either Sat or Sun depending on how bored I am. I do 4 sets of 10 - 12 reps on each excersise except for tricep press and weighted dips. For those I usually go 20 reps each set. When I'm doing my warm up set on flat bench, I usually do 135 lbs for 40 - 50 reps with the last 10 reps being negatives. Some days I work 1 body part and others I'll work 2. Here is my usual schedule:

Mon - Chest
    Tues- Shoulders
    Wed - Bi's / Tri's
    Thurs - Back / Legs
    Fri - Chest / Tri's

Every workout I do 20 min of cardio at the beginning and few quick sets of abs and pull ups at the end.

Thanks for the support guys. I feel like I'm in the best shape I have been in during the past 8 years of my life. The bulk of my weight really came on when Jess and I were going through the pregnancy with Aiden. I probably gained as much, if not even more, weight than she did during that time and it really put me into a negative, self-pity type of funk for the past ~3 years. The reality check came the last time I was at the doc's for a physical in 2010. Being told you are a 23 year old male that has high blood pressure and is setting yourself up for serious health issues later in life is an eye opener for sure.

I feel like I'm finally getting the shit together in my life and growing myself up very fast. I'm very focused on hammering out the last year of my bachelors degrees, setting myself up for the masters program, and just trying to cut out all of the drama, bullshit, and general negative things in my life.

/spillingmyheart
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Good work Zach. Success breeds success, so keep checking the list off.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Zach is lookin good. If he keeps it up he is going to be bench pressing 929's in his garage like a bauce.

The HCG has been good but I cheated a lot. My mood is really affected by food an I am going through some shitty shit at work do I had to eat and drink booze.

Still down 17 lbs in about 3 weeks though. Finish this deal on Thursday of next week. Wicky, my advice is to stick with it and learn as much as you can about food. I think the real value in the diet is learning that you can get soooo much food in so few calorie and have it still taste good. And you learn what foods really toss a wrench in your metabolism.

I am excited to be off it, but more excited to keep eating healthy and keep losing weight because I learned so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I go 5 days a week (Monday - Friday) and it works just fine for me. Sometimes I will go 6 days either Sat or Sun depending on how bored I am. I do 4 sets of 10 - 12 reps on each excersise except for tricep press and weighted dips. For those I usually go 20 reps each set. When I'm doing my warm up set on flat bench, I usually do 135 lbs for 40 - 50 reps with the last 10 reps being negatives. Some days I work 1 body part and others I'll work 2. Here is my usual schedule:

Mon - Chest
    Tues- Shoulders
    Wed - Bi's / Tri's
    Thurs - Back / Legs
    Fri - Chest / Tri's

Every workout I do 20 min of cardio at the beginning and few quick sets of abs and pull ups at the end.
    Nice, glad to hear their are others that do this schedule too. I think doing the one or two body parts a day really help to be able to do the 5 days a week schedule. My usual schedule is:

Mon - Bi's/Tri's
    Tues - legs/core
    Thurs - back/traps
    Fri - Shoulders/Shrugs
    Sunday - Chest

15 mins cardio each day except leg day (Tues)

Went back yesterday and felt much better; really think now it was that flu shot that made me feel a bit crappy. This week will be focused on leaning out a bit before my vacation (high reps/lower weight).

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Mon - Bi's/Tri's
    Tues - legs/core
    Thurs - back/traps
    Fri - Shoulders/Shrugs
    Sunday - Chest

i would change this around a bit.

i would do something more like

mon- chest
    tues- back and shoulders ( trust me after a back workout your shoulders are already warmed up and ready to get killed. You will the difference after the first workout)
    wed-legs
    thurs- arms
    friday- back and shoulders , ( different work out, different set types) the reason i would do two back and shoulder days it that most people have over trained their chest. and are lacking in the back dept. also the back plays a huge role in core functions. ( big believer in a strong core)

This week will be focused on leaning out a bit before my vacation (high reps/lower weight).
    Also not at you, but the whole light weight high reps things, kinda BS. Its good for the joints. but if your really not going to work out for a week. I would change it. I would kill it. heavy heavy this next week. As youll be eating more, and have more then enough rest for the muscle to recover. And the high reps thing isnt going to make to "lean" in a sense. And If you go heavy heavy, you'll have some good pump that well stay over your vaca, making you look leaner anyway.

disclaimer* there are reasons for high reps and low weight. But seeing how nate has worked out in the past, and knowing a few other things, i can recommend this to him

Tyrel
    Last edited by t_jolt; Fri Oct 21st, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Week 3, day 5

Last day of week three. There is a workout tomorrow, but Angela and I are going to Steamboat for the weekend. We might get a run or hike in depending on the weather, but it's really low priority. Today was good, nothing exciting. One more week of this same exercises and then we move on to something new

I have to say that I'm impressed with this thread. This many pages and we're still on track!

and just trying to cut out all of the drama, bullshit, and general negative things in my life.
    You're deleting your CSC account? Keep it up, mang! Look at freaking Yuskue, he hit 199 today (via fb)

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    Also not at you, but the whole light weight high reps things, kinda BS. Its good for the joints. but if your really not going to work out for a week. I would change it. I would kill it. heavy heavy this next week. As youll be eating more, and have more then enough rest for the muscle to recover. And the high reps thing isnt going to make to "lean" in a sense. And If you go heavy heavy, you'll have some good pump that well stay over your vaca, making you look leaner anyway.

disclaimer* there are reasons for high reps and low weight. But seeing how nate has worked out in the past, and knowing a few other things, i can recommend this to him

Tyrel
    Interesting. I actually rarely do high reps/low weight but was mainly doing this to shock my muscles which in the past has seemed to bring them out more; plus with me lifting heavy for the last few months I put on some muscle, but seem to have a bit of fat that I don't like which is not allowing my abs to really show out. So I do need to drop a few pounds in a week. Maybe I am being a bit extreme when I say low reps, because I mean reps of 10 only; concentrating a lot on form and fatigue.

Aslo really I think I am just kind of sick of lifting heavy and wanted to change it up for a week so I am not so bored. Damn...decisions.

Thanks for the advice; appreciate it
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Oct 21st, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Thanks, I tend to change it around every few months or when I get bored. Sometimes I just go by what still feels sore, but I will try this out; especially to do back and shoulder same day.

So where is my core day though? Like you I believe a strong core is very important (to all lifts). Also I am different and my chest has always been my weaker area for some reason.
    Core is worked into everyday. almost every exercise should somehow benefit the core, with abs, med ball etc brought in at the end of the workout.

and back days are completely different. To different sets of workouts. One for thickening the back say on tues, and one for widening on thurs.

Also the reason for the day changes, is to allow maximum time for muscle growth and repair, before stabilizer muscles are used again for other body parts
    Last edited by t_jolt; Fri Oct 21st, 2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c