Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

The body doesn't start producing insulin until you get solid food in your stomach. I would be careful with that diet. One of the first treatments to reverse the onset of diabetes is prescribing breakfast.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Recovery week, day 2

Same as yesterday, although I was a little more tired today. We are supposed to do this program everyday till Saturday, but i might take a day off in there and just do some stretching. Besides being overly repetitious, this week is very hectic and crazy. Mental sanity is my primary concern right now. Usually workouts help with that, and they have, but I need to know when to hold them and when to fold them. The workout was good, again nothing overly challenging. They call this the recovery week, but really I think it's more of a toning/strength week. The cardio isn't as intense, but there is still a lot of abs/core.

Diet: So I decided to start looking at the kind of foods that they recommend. Honestly, it's not that different from how I eat now. There are a couple of things that I'm going to incorporate as snacks and means, but my normal diet isn't too bad. Insanity sure does use more protein than I'm used to. My downside is still the sweets/beer. I don't normally drink at home, but I am pretty social. And sweets are my biggest downfall. F'ing Halloween candy!!!!!

Yusuke- That's so great man! You should be sooooo proud! Congrats.

Wicky- Keep us posted on how this stuff makes your body feel and if you notice any positive/negative side effects. I can't imagine the will-power it takes to only eat 500 calories a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    If it works for ya, good enough. Personally I do believe that we (americans) take in far more calories than we need on a daily basis, and I'm no exception, but this is the polar opposite. I just can't see how starving your body is "healthy." But as I said, if it works for you guys, good on ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    The body doesn't start producing insulin until you get solid food in your stomach. I would be careful with that diet. One of the first treatments to reverse the onset of diabetes is prescribing breakfast.
    Wicky- Keep us posted on how this stuff makes your body feel and if you notice any positive/negative side effects. I can't imagine the will-power it takes to only eat 500 calories a day!

Once again, traditional weight loss thoughts do NOT apply to this diet.

There is no starving about it. When you have a 80,000 calorie michelin tire around your waist, your body is far from starving.

And believe me, it is quite tough to eat 500 calories while on hCG.

Obesity is an epidemic that is little understood. Yes there is a bad calorie intake problem in the USA, but there are also many other factors that make a person obese. Have you ever met 2 siblings that eat EXACTLY the same yet one is obese and the other is skinny? Many people (like me) try to decrease calorie intake and our bodies react by putting MORE fat into storage. Even working out and lowering calories didn't seem to help me.

hCG is only found in pregnant women because it does not allow a pregnant woman to starve the baby. It switches the hypothalamus to eat stored fat FIRST and ignore any intake of food so the baby will always have a steady supply of food.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I was actually surprised at how easy it is to eat that little. The HCG gets into your blood stream and it actually makes you think you're full. I don't remember all the medical mumbo jumbo about it, but that's the basic idea. I didn't think I could do it either, but it's easy after the first couple days.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Once again, traditional weight loss thoughts do NOT apply to this diet.

There is no starving about it.
    So, could a person sustain 500 calories a day forever? I understand that it is using the stored fat in your body as fuel (after it uses the muscle) but it is starving your body. A person could not survive on 500 calories a day (at least in the way we have conditioned our bodies to accept fuel) without getting sick or seriously limiting the amount of activity we do. On this amount of calories you are unable to be active. Which to me, is not being healthy. It sounds like HCG is some sort of natural (or other) suppressant that makes taking in limited amount of calories possible.

And it is a type of traditional weight-loss. People have been fasting for years. Not necessarily in our culture, but many in the middle eastern and asian countries use fasting for many different things. It's the same as fasting, except you can take in some calories and you use an aid to assist you.

I'm not getting on anyones case for using it. Personally, it doesn't matter to me if you use it or not. If you obtain the goal you set out for, that's great. I just have issues with suggesting that it's a healthy living style or a way to get back in shape. If it gets a person to start eating healthy foods, that's good. But this diet is not, by itself, healthy. I'm not trying to be a dick or starting a fight, and I'm not trying to tell anyone that what there doing is wrong, I am only offering another point of view. That's my $.02

Sean, read this PDF, it's easier for you to understand the whole thing if you read it. And you're only on the 500/day for a couple weeks while the HCG works everything else. After those weeks, you can go back to a normal calorie intake.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Sean, read this PDF, it's easier for you to understand the whole thing if you read it.
    Cool, thanks. I will read it. Although probably not till next week due to available time.

Cool, thanks. I will read it. Although probably not till next week due to available time.
    I actually found it in an MP3 format and just listened to it. I'm not good at reading something to the end.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I actually found it in an MP3 format and just listened to it. I'm not good at reading something to the end.
    It's okay, reading is hard.

So, could a person sustain 500 calories a day forever? I understand that it is using the stored fat in your body as fuel (after it uses the muscle) but it is starving your body. A person could not survive on 500 calories a day (at least in the way we have conditioned our bodies to accept fuel) without getting sick or seriously limiting the amount of activity we do. On this amount of calories you are unable to be active. Which to me, is not being healthy. It sounds like HCG is some sort of natural (or other) suppressant that makes taking in limited amount of calories possible.

And it is a type of traditional weight-loss. People have been fasting for years. Not necessarily in our culture, but many in the middle eastern and asian countries use fasting for many different things. It's the same as fasting, except you can take in some calories and you use an aid to assist you.

I'm not getting on anyones case for using it. Personally, it doesn't matter to me if you use it or not. If you obtain the goal you set out for, that's great. I just have issues with suggesting that it's a healthy living style or a way to get back in shape. If it gets a person to start eating healthy foods, that's good. But this diet is not, by itself, healthy. I'm not trying to be a dick or starting a fight, and I'm not trying to tell anyone that what there doing is wrong, I am only offering another point of view. That's my $.02

I see where you are coming from, but you are not really understanding how it works.

It doesn't touch stored muscle. In fact, studies found muscle mass increases with hCG and a 500 calorie diet. (hence the reason body builders take it as well)

I completely agree that a normal person couldn't survive on 500 calories per day, but on hCG its different. Your body is getting over 3000 calories per day from fat stores without your body TOUCHING any intake food. The 500 calories per day is mostly to fulfill satiety and provide emergency fuel.

hCG is not a suppressant of any type. The reason you don't feel hungry is because your body is getting all the fuel it needs from the fat stores, so your mind says no I don't need to eat.

I also agree that it is not a long term solution for living "healthy". My aunt for example gained every pound back after this diet. My opinion of this diet was that it is a catalyst towards and healthier life. I look better and want to maintain that. I can now run on the treadmill without hauling an extra 17 pounds around my waist. I choose an apple in the morning instead of an egg mcmuffin. I use less sugar than I ever have in my life. I don't eat starch anymore without at least twice the protein. If you look at this diet as anything other than a catalyst towards a better life, that you will fail.

It's okay, reading is hard.
    ^^^ Exactly.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

It doesn't touch stored muscle. In fact, studies found muscle mass increases with hCG and a 500 calorie diet. (hence the reason body builders take it as well)
    I've only ever heard of roid monkeys using it to keep their grapes normal size.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

I read that most guys take it because because it trims down bodyfat to near nothing, while all the stuff they eat goes straight to muscle building.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Sounds like it from this:

Anabolic steroid adjunct
    In the world of performance-enhancing drugs, hCG is increasingly used in combination with various anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) cycles. As a result, hCG is included in some sports' illegal drug lists.
    When exogenous AAS are put into the male body, natural negative-feedback loops cause the body to shut down its own production of testosterone via shutdown of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (HPGA). This causes testicular atrophy, among other things. hCG is commonly used during and after steroid cycles to maintain and restore testicular size as well as normal testosterone production.[25]
    High levels of AASs, that mimic the body's natural testosterone, trigger the hypothalamus to shut down its production of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. Without GnRH, the pituitary gland stops releasing luteinizing hormone (LH). LH normally travels from the pituitary via the blood stream to the testes, where it triggers the production and release of testosterone. Without LH, the testes shut down their production of testosterone.[26] In males, hCG helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes by mimicking LH and triggering the production and release of testosterone.
    If hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
    Professional athletes who have been caught using hCG have been temporarily banned from their sport, including a 50-game ban from MLB for Manny Ramirez in 2009[27] and a 4-game ban from the NFL for Brian Cushing for a positive urine test for hCG.[28]

^^^
    I have to be honest and say this sounds similar to taking steriods (hence why it is banned in some professional sports???). Seems like it is altering the hormones in the body; therefore the same side effects may occur. Always risky to alter the hormones in the body!

Just do a cycle of roids then and be done with it. .........jk
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 1st, 2011 at 04:50 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Well, I skipped today. With the weather I try to get into work as early as possible. Then it's straight to the library till 9:00pm and then home/bed. Hopefully this is my "down day" and I'll knock out thur-sat with the same workout he has us doing this week.

I did spin class for the first time ever last night. FUCK. So nuts. My legs are jello and I had no idea it worked your core that much.

My biggest problem is heart rate. Usually after 5 minutes of running on the treadmill I am hovering at 195-200 heart rate. I have never been able to keep it in that optimum zone. I would have to walk, then run for 2 minutes, then walk, then run. Not my cup of tea. Go big or go home right?

I just lost 10lbs droppin a solid poo. My heart rate was jacked! Sweat, heavy breathing , and a few swear words...but I toughed it out and made it through.

I did spin class for the first time ever last night. FUCK. So nuts. My legs are jello and I had no idea it worked your core that much.
    I tried spin class once and left about 5 min into it. I can't get over how skinny the seats are on those bikes. It made me feel weird and pretty violated ... They should start putting bananna seats on those things. Then maybe I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I tried spin class once and left about 5 min into it. I can't get over how skinny the seats are on those bikes. It made me feel weird and pretty violated ... They should start putting bananna seats on those things. Then maybe I'll do it.

Beach Cruiser spin class FTW.

My biggest problem is heart rate. Usually after 5 minutes of running on the treadmill I am hovering at 195-200 heart rate. I have never been able to keep it in that optimum zone. I would have to walk, then run for 2 minutes, then walk, then run. Not my cup of tea. Go big or go home right?
    You should not be in zone 5 for more than a minute or two without some sort of recovery! Slow down. I'm assuming that you don't have a strong level of cardio coming off of the HCG diet, so go easy. If you can't maintain a steady pace for even 10 min, you are going way to fast (unless your doing intervals). Pushing to hard too fast with cardio leads to injury. Plus, depending on what your overall goal is, having that high of a heart rate doesn't lend itself to burning fat. You should be in the 150's.

You should not be in zone 5 for more than a minute or two without some sort of recovery! Slow down. I'm assuming that you don't have a strong level of cardio coming off of the HCG diet, so go easy. If you can't maintain a steady pace for even 10 min, you are going way to fast (unless your doing intervals). Pushing to hard too fast with cardio leads to injury. Plus, depending on what your overall goal is, having that high of a heart rate doesn't lend itself to burning fat. You should be in the 150's.
    Even in the best shape of my life (first year of college) I could still only run about a mile before my heart rate would peak and stay at about 195. I blame genetics cause no matter how much I work out, my heart rate still shoots up there. If I go any slower I might as well fucking walk. And walking's for chicks.

One must learn to walk, before they can run.

And walking's for chicks.
    I must be a chick, cause the last half marathon I did a walk/run technique. It's where you try and power walk through aid stations in order to give yourself a little recovery and it's easier to take in fuel. So once every mile to mile and a half, you walk fast for about 10-15 seconds. it works pretty good and surprisingly it doesn't really slow you down that much.

One must learn to walk, before they can run.

I must be a chick, cause the last half marathon I did a walk/run technique. It's where you try and power walk through aid stations in order to give yourself a little recovery and it's easier to take in fuel. So once every mile to mile and a half, you walk fast for about 10-15 seconds. it works pretty good and surprisingly it doesn't really slow you down that much.
    That does sound good. What is an optimal endurance heart rate?

That does sound good. What is an optimal endurance heart rate?
    It's a little different for everyone. If you use a heart rate monitor, just google how to find your heart rate zone Link and find out what works best for you. For me, I use a four zone set up. Roughly
    zone 1: less than 145
    zone 2: 145-155
    zone 3: 155-165
    zone 4: 165 +

Zone 2 is for endurance. As you'll read, it is pretty specific to each person. And I feel like my zones fluctuate a little depending on the day. Now a days I try to base it more on how my body feels, as opposed to speed or heart rate. But I think BPM is a great way to set up a foundation and get an idea for what you want to do.

I have a good friend who said the exact same thing you did a few years ago. He would run hard until he was almost going to pass out, and the want to stop. His HR shot up and he didn't pace himself at all. He couldn't go very far at all. Now, after some a bit of solid training and discipline, he just did a half marathon running 7:10 m/m!