Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    That's what I get, but with the red chili.

For sure. I'm also not eating any sugar if I can help it. You can't have any sugar on that diet, so I think it helped me get off the stuff. Which, I think, was another one of my issues. Diet Mt. Dew is my new friend. I just used this as a catalyst to continue losing and get back to a healthier weight.
    Exactly! I only gave you sh*t about HCG so you would not depend on it solely; hell I can't talk about supps because I highly believe in them. I am sure there are things in the legal HCG formula out that helped. Weight loss has to be a lifestsyle change and looks like you have this down now. I don't think diet sodas are all that bad as people make them out to be anyways. Usually we all have too large of portions served to us in the first place; I've learned to love it and take it home for another meal instead of finishing it off.
    The best way to make haters stop is to prove them wrong!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Exactly! I only gave you sh*t about HCG so you would not depend on it solely; hell I can't talk about supps because I highly believe in them. I am sure there are things in the legal HCG formula out that helped. Weight loss has to be a lifestsyle change and looks like you have this down now. I don't think diet sodas are all that bad as people make them out to be anyways. Usually we all have too large of portions served to us in the first place; I've learned to love it and take it home for another meal instead of finishing it off.
    Definitely not going to depend on it. Kris asked me if I was going to do another round of it, and I said no. I feel like I'm at a weight that I can work with now and go from here.

The Mt. Dew is the only one I've found that doesn't taste like ass.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Definitely not going to depend on it. Kris asked me if I was going to do another round of it, and I said no. I feel like I'm at a weight that I can work with now and go from here.

The Mt. Dew is the only one I've found that doesn't taste like ass.
    Have you tried not drinking soda?

Interesting, because I'm eating normal and haven't gained back any of the 20lbs I lost on it. Kristin is still losing weight while eating normal too. (and we've been off it for about a month)

Love it when people state things like it's fact, when they have never tried it.
    It is a pretty well known fact, indeed, that when the body is shocked by a rapid decrease in caloric intake, regardless if those calories are from fat or carbs, the body will react just as rapidly by cutting weight and just as rapidly gain the weight back when exposed again to that same caloric intake. On the other hand, if you get off of the diet and consistently eat healthier than before, you will see the same affect as eating healthy in the first place, a decrease in the amount of body fat gained or even a loss of body fat. Simple logic….

If it was just the 500 calorie diet, why didn't I lose any muscle mass? Isn't that what happens when you starve yourself? Why wasn't I hungry all the time? I know that before I tried it, if I didn't have my regular meals throughout the day, I'd be hungry all the time. But on the drops, I had no problem with 500 calories a day, and most days I was at least 50 cals under that.
    There are quite a few variables that would affect your muscle mass retention. How many of those 500 calories/day came from a protein source? If you are getting enough protein, your body will most likely burn up the fat as apposed to the muscle. I cut 20lbs in 6 weeks and was eating one meal and a couple high protein drinks a day. My daily caloric intake couldn’t have been more than 500 calories but out of that, I was getting about 150 grams of protein and didn’t loose much muscle mass. It wasn’t a diet, it was just relationship B.S. and not a recommended weight loss method! Also, certain hormones will affect your appetite. That might be one of the affects of HCG, but I’m really not sure.

[QUOTE=bulldog;630873]If what RajunCajun said is true the HCG supp sold now is filled with BCAA's and those are your branch chain amino acids and are know to help curb hunger (same concept as protein which is filled with amino acids and why it fills you up so fast); I take 4 BCAA's pills right after I work out (within 5 mins) so that it uses that to "recover" and makes me not starve by the time I get home and eat. BCAAs curb hunger because they are insulinogenic, and by ingesting them when blood sugar's low (hence hunger) you get more ketogenesis and blood sugar stabilizes (hence not hungry).

Now you also said you started eating healthier though right and watch your portions. Those toow things alone can help so much. Even just being more careful on what you eat helps a lot.

QUOTE]

Here is the HCG product description at Walmart. And of course what I say is true! I'm totally offended, LOL!!

I am eating healthier and not as much as I would before.
    But just using a general statement like those people will gain it all back is crap. It's just the stupid ones that don't watch themselves and think that the HCG is a cure all and don't stick to the protocol.

And I know about the placebo effect. I went into the diet not thinking it would work, so I wasn't thinking about the stuff I was taking. I just stuck to the protocol and it ended up working for me, and for Kristin. I've tried the eat hardly anything "diet" before and I lost weight, but not where I needed to lose it. On this, I lost it in my mid section mostly, which is where I need it most. I actually have room in my leathers now, it's awesome.
    So, I've got a few comments in regard to this comment. 1) You just said that you changed the way you ate after the HCG diet. Therefore, you really can't compare the amount of weight loss or gain that you had before the diet to that after the diet, can you? 2) The comment about gaining it all back most likely implied that all things would remain equal. By that I mean that the person would revert to their previous lifestyle after ending whatever "diet" they were on to lose the weight. Having seen this happen 1000 times as a personal trainer as well as reading various statistics, MOST people go back to the same lifestyle after ending a “diet” and put all or more of the weight back on. You can call that "crap" if you'd like, but most educated people call it statistical probability. I'm not implying that you are not educated, if that's how it sounded. Just once again, simple logic….. 3) I may have misunderstood you but you implied that you saw a “spot reduction” in weight, in your midsection, while on the HCG diet, as compared to “loosing it everywhere” on a simple low calorie diet. That, my friend is impossible. And this isn’t my opinion, it is a proven fact. No matter what you are or are not taking (hormones included), you will lose body fat equally throughout the body at the same rate. Sure, some areas will have more to lose than others, like my midsection, lol, but it all comes off at the same rate. One thing that you could have seen as a result of simply not eating, is a loss of body fat as well as muscle mass, which would look more like “losing it everywhere”.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Agree %100, well put!

You have been nagging on HCG for the past 3 months. Seriously, get over it. You are wrong.

There are at least 4 people on this board who i know have completed the HCG protocol with only great results. I have provided you every factual evidence of it working and you still ignore it and state bogus claims based on your own opinion.

They pulled the knock offs from the shelves which is a good thing. Those don't work that great and the 500 calorie diet is actually dangerous with those knock offs. The real HCG can be obtained (I ordered mine from India), and used effectively with the protocol.

In conclusion, you don't know shit about the protocol so just shut up already.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Have you tried not drinking soda?
    I usually don't drink soda, but if I want one, I'll crack open a diet Mt. Dew. Sometimes water just gets really old when you drink it all day.

RC, that's a lot of info to be reading while I'm at work. I'll take a look at it again when I get home. But when I say saying that is "crap", I said it because of all the hate I've been getting about the diet, that it doesn't work and I'll just gain it all back as soon as I was off it. It hasn't happened, and I'm not going to let it happen. I have seen people go on diets and then gain it right back, I've done it, and I can only blame myself for letting it happen. But I wouldn't blame the diet I was on, which is how I read his statement.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    You have been nagging on HCG for the past 3 months. Seriously, get over it. You are wrong.

There are at least 4 people on this board who i know have completed the HCG protocol with only great results. I have provided you every factual evidence of it working and you still ignore it and state bogus claims based on your own opinion.

They pulled the knock offs from the shelves which is a good thing. Those don't work that great and the 500 calorie diet is actually dangerous with those knock offs. The real HCG can be obtained (I ordered mine from India), and used effectively with the protocol.

Whatever fool. I've known Wicky years and he has never taken it all serious like you do and I am always here to help him and i think he knows that.

Just admit you are too lazy to workout hard and need to order illegal stuff to get results. I could easily order steriods probably from the same place your are ordering real HCG and not work out as much, but I would rather do it the healthy way that has been shown to work.

So, I've got a few comments in regard to this comment. 1) You just said that you changed the way you ate after the HCG diet. Therefore, you really can't compare the amount of weight loss or gain that you had before the diet to that after the diet, can you?
    As with Wicky, I tried changing the way I ate. I would portion watch, eat no sugars starches, etc. and I would still hold my current weight. The regulatory gland called the Hypothalumus controls metabolic functions and the hypothesis, is that it determines how much food to put into storage, and how much to use immediately. I believe, and the protocol believes that the hypothalamus needs to be "reset" in order to stop sending so much food to storage. And that is where HCG comes in. I can stop eating all I want but that gland will still send most of the food to storage, and less for immediate use.

2) The comment about gaining it all back most likely implied that all things would remain equal. By that I mean that the person would revert to their previous lifestyle after ending whatever "diet" they were on to lose the weight. Having seen this happen 1000 times as a personal trainer as well as reading various statistics, MOST people go back to the same lifestyle after ending a “diet” and put all or more of the weight back on. You can call that "crap" if you'd like, but most educated people call it statistical probability. I'm not implying that you are not educated, if that's how it sounded. Just once again, simple logic…..
    Yeah its simple logic, but once again, you didn't read the protocol and you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the HCG diet. The reason I have kept off nearly all the 18lbs I lost, and Wicky continues to lose weight, is because the Hypothalamus was "reset". It no longer sends the majority of intake food into storage. That is why after this diet you can't eat as much as you used to. Your body is telling you that you are full because your body is using the majority of food you ate. It's really simple logic.

3) I may have misunderstood you but you implied that you saw a “spot reduction” in weight, in your midsection, while on the HCG diet, as compared to “loosing it everywhere” on a simple low calorie diet. That, my friend is impossible. And this isn’t my opinion, it is a proven fact. No matter what you are or are not taking (hormones included), you will lose body fat equally throughout the body at the same rate. Sure, some areas will have more to lose than others, like my midsection, lol, but it all comes off at the same rate. One thing that you could have seen as a result of simply not eating, is a loss of body fat as well as muscle mass, which would look more like “losing it everywhere”.
    Once again, your fact is null and void when you don't understand the context. Do yourself a favor and read the protocol, THEN come back with a logical response.

The reason you see "spot reduction" on HCG is because your body uses the stores of fat that have the most available since it is now using the stores as your primary source of fuel. Your entire body is not a large fat store. Hence why people have guts.

I agree with everything you have said, BUT NOT ON THE HCG DIET. Throw every piece of weight loss knowledge you think you know out the window. This diet flips your logic on it's head and has THOUSANDS of people who prove it works.

The REAL benefit of the diet is that it is a catalyst. Could I have exercised my ass off and really eaten only vegetables and lost weight? Yes. But it would have been hell and taken 8 months. I lost 18 lbs in 30 days and now I eat better, exercise, and feel great. I have a REASON to keep going and be healthy now.

Is this argument done?

Whatever fool. I've known Wicky years and he has never taken it all serious like you do and I am always here to help him and i think he knows that.

Just admit you are too lazy to workout hard and need to order illegal stuff to get results. I could easily order steriods probably from the same place your are ordering real HCG and not work out as much, but I would rather do it the healthy way that has been shown to work.
    If I had your problem I would be overjoyed. You don't have to lose weight, you are trying to gain it. Call me lazy, whatever. I took advantage of a great catalyst to change my life. It worked and it has made my life better. Dont be bitter just cause you can't say the same.

And of course, since you won't do yourself a favor and educate yourself on something you claim to know so much about, you make bogus comparisons. You are probably some 5'5 napoleon complex jacked guido who hits the gym only for the ladies anyway. Congrats BRO.

The REAL benefit of the diet is that it is a catalyst. Could I have exercised my ass off and really eaten only vegetables and lost weight? Yes. But it would have been hell and taken 8 months. I lost 18 lbs in 30 days and now I eat better, exercise, and feel great. I have a REASON to keep going and be healthy now.

Is this argument done?
    Exactly! Lazy! Go take steriods, they do the same thing and when you have side effects years down the road let me know if you regret it! You are trying to get people to take illegal stuff (only reason you have to order it from India) and that is not good all because you do not want to put in the work!!!!

I thought Bulldog was giving the "protocol" props while showing the importance of consistently living and eating healthy and not relying ONLY on a controversial quick results diet, which is what the HCG diet is. I wouldn't give it any props, whether it gives results or not, because there are virtually no long term studies on how this hormone affects the body of an adult. You will not see ANY health professionals recommending this diet to a client. That’s because it is so controversial and hasn’t been proven to be safe much less to show results. Anabolic steroids give stellar results too, but I would recommend that my clients take it. I don’t see much difference at this point, between the two, based on long term health affects alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    I thought Bulldog was giving the "protocol" props while showing the importance of consistently living and eating healthy and not relying ONLY on a controversial quick results diet, which is what the HCG diet is. I wouldn't give it any props, whether it gives results or not, because there are virtually no long term studies on how this hormone affects the body of an adult. You will not see ANY health professionals recommending this diet to a client. That’s because it is so controversial and hasn’t been proven to be safe much less to show results. Anabolic steroids give stellar results too, but I would recommend that my clients take it. I don’t see much difference at this point, between the two, based on long term health affects alone.

There at 7 doctors in the Denver area who will prescribe this diet under their supervision. Dr. Simeon has over 40 years of trials using HCG. The FDA won't back it because it doesn't make them $$$$.

Jesus. It has NO SIMILARITIES OR COMPARISONS TO STEROIDS! Read the protocol, please for christ's sake. Just get one small ounce of knowledge.

If I had your problem I would be overjoyed. You don't have to lose weight, you are trying to gain it. Call me lazy, whatever. I took advantage of a great catalyst to change my life. It worked and it has made my life better. Dont be bitter just cause you can't say the same.

And of course, since you won't do yourself a favor and educate yourself on something you claim to know so much about, you make bogus comparisons. You are probably some 5'5 napoleon complex jacked guido who hits the gym only for the ladies anyway. Congrats BRO.

Chill, bra!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

Chill, bra!
    Maybe this stuff effects mood too! No similarities to ROIDS

Nate is 5'-6"!! Get it right son!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Fool, I am 5'9"! Every inch counts!!!! let's see, I am Spanish, so I guess close to Guido. I live with my girl that I am deeply in love with so I don't workout to pick up girls. As for "Jacked" I prefer 1MR over Jack3d, so now longer jacked!

I'v also cut weight (lose weight) many times in my life, so I am not all about gaining.

I believe, and the protocol believes that the hypothalamus needs to be "reset" in order to stop sending so much food to storage.

So, now you’re telling me that a few doses of this hormone changes the activity of your bodies hypothalamus, on a genetic level, causing it function differently for the rest of your life? Lol, have you read that this “reset” is proven to be possible outside of very complicated gene therapy? I don’t pretend to be a medical doctor, but as far as I know, this is unheard of.

Yeah its simple logic, but once again, you didn't read the protocol and you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the HCG diet. The reason I have kept off nearly all the 18lbs I lost, and Wicky continues to lose weight, is because the Hypothalamus was "reset". It no longer sends the majority of intake food into storage. That is why after this diet you can't eat as much as you used to. Your body is telling you that you are full because your body is using the majority of food you ate. It's really simple logic.

Why can’t you eat the same portions of food after loosing a bunch of weight and only eating a 500 cal/day diet? Well, is it a permanent appetite suppressant cause by a newly re-programed hypothalamus? Then I guess that’s the reason I can’t eat the same large portions as I could 30 lbs and 4 inches off of my waist, ago. I must have genetically reprogramed my hypothalamus as well, because it certainly couldn’t have been from my stomach shrinking to match the decreased intake of food volume.

Once again, your fact is null and void when you don't understand the context. Do yourself a favor and read the protocol, THEN come back with a logical response.

The reason you see "spot reduction" on HCG is because your body uses the stores of fat that have the most available since it is now using the stores as your primary source of fuel. Your entire body is not a large fat store. Hence why people have guts.

I really don’t care what the protocol says. it can say that shit tastes like cotton candy and I’m still not going to eat shit at the next fair I go to. The hypothalamus isn’t going to all of a sudden go from decreasing fat at a constant rate from the entire body to distinguishing areas with more fat cells from areas with less fat cells. And yes, you are pretty wrong on this one. Our entire body surface is basically containing fat cells even though there are more in some areas than others and that’s why you get bigger in some areas faster than others. More fat cells mean more room for each cell to grow and store fat. No matter what you think the magical, biology and physics defying protocol tells you, you WILL NOT SPOT REDUCE, I don’t care what you do to your hypothalamus. Go ahead, find some reliable medical tests that prove this can happen and I’ll totally admit being wrong.

I agree with everything you have said, BUT NOT ON THE HCG DIET. Throw every piece of weight loss knowledge you think you know out the window. This diet flips your logic on it's head and has THOUSANDS of people who prove it works.

I am interested in a few of your points and I’ll do some research on the specifics of HCG’s affects on the hypothalamus’s control on pituitary gland and endocrine system, even though there is VERY little factual medical data to yield any definitive info from. Still, I’m very confident in saying that this will not magically change the reality of the body’s biological functions. Until it’s PROVEN by medical professionals, not by a few people that have taken it and a Holy Protocol, it probably won’t be given much credit or trusted. Does that mean that it doesn’t have the affects that you and others are saying it has? Of course not! It just means that NOONE really knows what it is doing to your body and if it's safe.

The REAL benefit of the diet that it is a catalyst. Could I have exercised my ass off and really eaten only vegetables and lost weight? Yes. But it would have been hell and taken 8 months. I lost 18 lbs in 30 days and now I eat better, exercise, and feel great. I have a REASON to keep going and be healthy now.

Is this argument done?
    Like I've said multiple times, I'm not saying you didn't loose body fat from this diet. What I am saying is that some of the reason you clamed this has happened is physically impossible or really inaccurate, unless by the small as hell chance, I’m just completely wrong about this. Again, I'm not an expert on cellular biology or anatomy and physiology, but I have been a trainer for a while, have studied a fair bit of nutrition and seen TONS of fad diets come and go. I’ve also seen results in myself as well as clients, from sound, proven techniques that work, over and over, time and time again. I’m open to anyone with expertise in how the endocrine system is affect by this hormone, to teach me a thing or 2, or even 15.

Sorry Nate, that's just funny right there! I know, I know, I'm only 5'8"....

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Just curious, but how many on here are actually qualified to give nutrition/supplement/work out advice? I'm not meaning this to sound like an ass, I'm just wondering who all, if any, is a certified nutritionalist or personal trainier.
    3D brought up a great point WAAAYYYY back at the beginning of this thread. I was a trainer at a couple gyms and had my NASM CPT a few years ago but got out of the industry and didn’t re-cert. I'd like to get a consensus from the CPT’s on this board regarding this diet. I don’t want to sound like I know it all, even though I do know quit at bit. Tell me what you think of this diet guys and gals. Hopefully, you can teach me something I didn’t know. Again, I’d like to hear specifically from CPTs or certified/degreed Nutritionists.

I would definitely like to hear from some experts. ONLY after they have read the protocol to have knowledge of both sides.

Anybody with half a brain can say that 500 calories is starvation. Hormones are dangerous. While true, at least read both sides to have some context and understanding.

http://hcgdietinfo.com/HCG_Diet_Dr_S...Manuscript.htm

It doesn't make any irrational claims. He puts forth hypothesis and medical trial experience and allows the reader to judge the effectiveness themselves. I was a huge skeptic and then read this and formed my own opinion.

And i'm not lazy. Just big boned.

I'm festively plump.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Another thing I'd like to see is some before and after pics. Nothing gets my ass off the couch like seeing what kind of changes someone can actually make to their body and how good they look as a result of all the hard work and determination,,, or a magical hormone therapy! Just joking about that last part, lol! I'll even put up a couple pics later.

Chicks are highly encouraged to post pics, please don't let us make this a German meat festival !