Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Damn bunch of shorties up in here I'm 6' 4" and I know wicky is tall...oh sorry didn't mean to derail the argument please everyone continue to try to prove everyone wrong and get nowhere trying to do it

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Damn bunch of shorties up in here I'm 6' 4" and I know wicky is tall...oh sorry didn't mean to derail the argument please everyone continue to try to prove everyone wrong and get nowhere trying to do it
    I love this thread!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    There at 7 doctors in the Denver area who will prescribe this diet under their supervision. Dr. Simeon has over 40 years of trials using HCG. The FDA won't back it because it doesn't make them $$$$.

Jesus. It has NO SIMILARITIES OR COMPARISONS TO STEROIDS! Read the protocol, please for christ's sake. Just get one small ounce of knowledge.
    So are you saying you are under a doctor's care? I assume not since you order HCG overseas and do not get it prescriber by a doctor. There are many doctors here that will prescribe "hormone therapy" (steriods) and many will claims it is very safe; although this is under their care and using certified (clean) hormones and doubt they would recommend someone doing it on their own and buying drugs from another country: especially India who has very little guidelines. Also are you injecting these? Doing that yourself alone can be dangerous; infections, scar tissue, etc.

Hey according to wikepedia average american male is 5'9 1/2", so I am only a bit under.

Says here for Mexicans (shut up Wicky, that was the closest to Spaniard they had) is 5'7", so I am taller than most!

Actually I was always one of the taller hispanics growing up in New Mexico. Then I moved here and am short.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D
    Originally Posted by 3D
    Just curious, but how many on here are actually qualified to give nutrition/supplement/work out advice? I'm not meaning this to sound like an ass, I'm just wondering who all, if any, is a certified nutritionalist or personal trainier.
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    3D brought up a great point WAAAYYYY back at the beginning of this thread. I was a trainer at a couple gyms and had my NASM CPT a few years ago but got out of the industry and didn’t re-cert. I'd like to get a consensus from the CPT’s on this board regarding this diet. I don’t want to sound like I know it all, even though I do know quit at bit. Tell me what you think of this diet guys and gals. Hopefully, you can teach me something I didn’t know. Again, I’d like to hear specifically from CPTs or certified/degreed Nutritionists.
    This is a great point! I agree with Eliot and I am no professional; just going by experience. I am always down to learn.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Dec 12th, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Well, in the spirit of this thread and less heated discussion, I've decided to complete a personal goal in 2012 and just signed up for the Colfax Marathon on May 19th. Anyone else gonna do it?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Ya'll got some kind of dwarfism?
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

Gonna pass, Ralph. We do need one team member (4 person team) for the 24 Hrs of E-Rock MTB race on June 1-2. It's fun, in a sick sorta way.

http://elephantrockride.com/24_info.html
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    So are you saying you are under a doctor's care? I assume not since you order HCG overseas and do not get it prescriber by a doctor. There are many doctors here that will prescribe "hormone therapy" (steriods) and many will claims it is very safe; although this is under their care and using certified (clean) hormones and doubt they would recommend someone doing it on their own and buying drugs from another country: especially India who has very little guidelines. Also are you injecting these? Doing that yourself alone can be dangerous; infections, scar tissue, etc.

This is a great point! I agree with Eliot and I am no professional; just going by experience. I am always down to learn.
    Nate, I just don't understand how educated people want so bad for something to be legit, that the only thing they can see is what they’ve been told. How can anyone say that HGC has no comparisons to Steroids. It is not FDA backed, it has no long term, much less proven short term testing on it’s affect on the body, it causes DRAMATIC results, supposedly reprograms the body’s endocrine system and is VERY controversial in the medical community. That sounds a lot like goat roids that Arnold was doing back in the day, that was completely legal and pretty much over the counter. It does have drasticly different affects on the body but, the were saying the exact same thing that these guys are saying about HGC, and lots of those guys died from suspected roid side-effects. Hopefully, it is a lot safer but nobody really knows, except maybe for the couple of doctors that are doing it under the table, who should have their medical licenses taken away, if you ask me.

Oh, and I'm reading the magical “PROTOCOL” today, that will hopefully explain how this hormone can bend the laws of space and time. Maybe then I'll gain that ounce of knowledge that I need to understand this diet, which I couldn't apparently get from professional certifications, from years of working out, studying and creating diet plans and workout routines as a professional trainer and watching clients and friends see results time after time. Wish me luck, I’ll try not cross the streams, it could destroy the space time continuum, unless the “PROTOCOL” changes that too!

I'm really happy for you guys and gals that are getting such amazing results from this program. I hope that it is super safe and that you all have nothing to worry about. It’s nothing personal guys, and I don’t want it turn into that, even though I push a couple sarcastic buttons every now and then. I respect you guys and what you are trying to accomplish. I refuse, however, to believe that this magic concoction will change the laws and theories that I’ve learned and seen my entire life as an educated fitness professional, much less as an engineer trained to run on logic, not fantasy. I think most people in the fitness and medical community will agree with me. I’m always excited to learn something new but these inaccurate descriptions and unproven and unexplainable results haven’t convinced me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Well, in the spirit of this thread and less heated discussion, I've decided to complete a personal goal in 2012 and just signed up for the Colfax Marathon on May 19th. Anyone else gonna do it?

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Gonna pass, Ralph. We do need one team member (4 person team) for the 24 Hrs of E-Rock MTB race on June 1-2. It's fun, in a sick sorta way.

http://elephantrockride.com/24_info.html
    I'm chasing a couple leads for local engineering jobs. If anything pans out soon, I'd love to do both of these. I just can't commit because I also still have leads out of state. SUCKS!!

Nate, I just don't understand how educated people want so bad for something to be legit, that the only thing they can see is what they’ve been told. How can anyone say that HGC has no comparisons to Steroids. It is not FDA backed, it has no long term, much less proven short term testing on it’s affect on the body, it causes DRAMATIC results, supposedly reprograms the body’s endocrine system and is VERY controversial in the medical community. That sounds a lot like goat roids that Arnold was doing back in the day, that was completely legal and pretty much over the counter. It does have drasticly different affects on the body but, the were saying the exact same thing that these guys are saying about HGC, and lots of those guys died from suspected roid side-effects. Hopefully, it is a lot safer but nobody really knows, except maybe for the couple of doctors that are doing it under the table, who should have their medical licenses taken away, if you ask me.

Oh, and I'm reading the magical “PROTOCOL” today, that will hopefully explain how this hormone can bend the laws of space and time. Maybe then I'll gain that ounce of knowledge that I need to understand this diet, which I couldn't apparently get from professional certifications, from years of working out, studying and creating diet plans and workout routines as a professional trainer and watching clients and friends see results time after time. Wish me luck, I’ll try not cross the streams, it could destroy the space time continuum, unless the “PROTOCOL” changes that too!

I'm really happy for you guys and gals that are getting such amazing results from this program. I hope that it is super safe and that you all have nothing to worry about. It’s nothing personal guys, and I don’t want it turn into that, even though I push a couple sarcastic buttons every now and then. I respect you guys and what you are trying to accomplish. I refuse, however, to believe that this magic concoction will change the laws and theories that I’ve learned and seen my entire life as an educated fitness professional, much less as an engineer trained to run on logic, not fantasy. I think most people in the fitness and medical community will agree with me. I’m always excited to learn something new but these inaccurate descriptions and unproven and unexplainable results haven’t convinced me yet.
    Read the protocol. Your rhetoric is redundant. I have said at least 10 times in this thread that traditional thoughts on dieting don't apply. Just fucking read it.

Why you takin this shit so personally? So a couple people don't believe the hype...who gives a shit. I think they have hgc forums if you want to find a bunch of people that agree with you 100%. Protocol...holy moses. Can we give this shit a rest?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Your over the top sarcasm is what gets Brad going. You're basically calling us ignorant and putting yourself up on a pedestal because you're a personal trainer. Like we haven't done the research on this before we decided to try it.

When I was thinking about doing it, I talked to Brad about it and the first thing he said was to read the protocol and decide for myself. Which is what he and I have been saying the whole time you guys have been putting it down. Just doesn't seem like anyone cares enough, or wants to get off their high horse to read it and be a little educated about the subject before you go on a rant about it. But hopefully you actually read it, and it sheds some light on the subject for you.

BTW, how many of the supplements that you take a day are FDA backed? How many on the shelves at your local GNC are FDA backed? Just because they aren't "backed" by the FDA, doesn't mean it's bad. They are telling the companies that are making the fake stuff to stop making it. Do some research on who they are shutting down and why.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Tue Dec 13th, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Why you takin this shit so personally? So a couple people don't believe the hype...who gives a shit. I think they have hgc forums if you want to find a bunch of people that agree with you 100%. Protocol...holy moses. Can we give this shit a rest?
    You shut your whore mouth! If he keeps attacking like he is, we'll come right back. We haven't brought it up, and now people are going on about it again, so are we just supposed to sit back? If we started talking about all the supplements you guys take, I'm sure you wouldn't just sit back and not have a rebuttal.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Protocol...holy moses. Can we give this shit a rest?
    Read it, then we'll give it a rest. Wait a sec.... Rob doesn't read.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Well the thing I don’t think he understands is we are only saying this to help out. We don’t want people to harm their bodies by this stuff and would rather see people use methods that are known to be safe and effective. Sometimes trying to help out bites you in the ass.

F*ck it, you and I know that putting in the hard work and eating right is the proper way to do it and in the long run I am pretty sure our fitness success will triumph.

No diet beats a good work out plan and regimen. A certain diet will affect everyone differently which is why some diets work for some and don't work for others. If anyone is doing a diet without working out regularly, regardless of what the diet is, one will NOT keep their results and will eventually get back to the weight they were before stating the diet.

This HCG diet works because HCG triggers your metabolism. It burns fatty substances and turns them into calories which increases digestion. When you have an increased metabolism and limit yourself to a 500 calorie diet, you will naturally lose weight because your body is getting it's much needed calories from stored fat. Basically, your body feeds on itself..... When your body doesn't have any fat left to feed on, it will target your muscles and that's when it becomes dangerous.

All HCG does is speed up your metabolism which anyone can achieve by simply eating more "healthy" smaller portioned meals throughout the day. It's simple, the more you eat, the quicker your metabolism will burn and mixed with a good workout plan you will begin to lose weight. Any nutritionalist or personal trainer or doctor will tell you that with any diet is nothing without a workout regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    You shut your whore mouth! If he keeps attacking like he is, we'll come right back. We haven't brought it up, and now people are going on about it again, so are we just supposed to sit back? If we started talking about all the supplements you guys take, I'm sure you wouldn't just sit back and not have a rebuttal.
    Someone needs a hug!

I look at it this way...it's your body, you do what works for you. Safe or not, healthy or not, it's yours, do what you want. I don't think a diet like that is necessary, but that is my opinion. I'm sure there are risks, placebo effects, or whatever that come with some of the supplements I'm on. Some people disagree with the effectiveness and all that jive, so be it. I like it and it works for me. HGC worked for you. You're not going to convince some people...just not going to happen. The arguing is just pointless. Why can't we be friends?

working out/dieting is for chicks

and we all know what chicks are for
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    No diet beats a good work out plan and regimen. A certain diet will affect everyone differently which is why some diets work for some and don't work for others. If anyone is doing a diet without working out regularly, regardless of what the diet is, one will NOT keep their results and will eventually get back to the weight they were before stating the diet.

This HCG diet works because HCG triggers your metabolism. It burns fatty substances and turns them into calories which increases digestion. When you have an increased metabolism and limit yourself to a 500 calorie diet, you will naturally lose weight because your body is getting it's much needed calories from stored fat. Basically, your body feeds on itself..... When your body doesn't have any fat left to feed on, it will target your muscles and that's when it becomes dangerous.

All HCG does is speed up your metabolism which anyone can achieve by simply eating more "healthy" smaller portioned meals throughout the day. It's simple, the more you eat, the quicker your metabolism will burn and mixed with a good workout plan you will begin to lose weight. Any nutritionalist or personal trainer or doctor will tell you that with any diet is nothing without a workout regimen.
    ^^^ Now THAT is how you need to make a point.

You guys are acting like we are doing this for life. I was at a weight where whenever I would work out, I would get hurt (cardio). I used to be an athletic guy, played basketball all the time, and that's all I needed to stay in shape. Now, my metabolism sucks, so this program helped me with that, and I didn't get hurt from pushing myself. Now I'm at a weight that I feel I can do more, and not worry about my knee giving out because of the weight I was putting on it. This is a 27ish day thing, not a lifestyle change. But it's also helped me change my eating habits as well, so I don't see what's so bad about it.
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Tue Dec 13th, 2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

When I was thinking about doing it, I talked to Brad about it and the first thing he said was to read the protocol and decide for myself. Which is what he and I have been saying the whole time you guys have been putting it down. Just doesn't seem like anyone cares enough, or wants to get off their high horse to read it and be a little educated about the subject before you go on a rant about it. But hopefully you actually read it, and it sheds some light on the subject for you.
    Wicky, I do not get why you say I have not tried to educate myself on HCG. It was new to me when you stated you started it and I did do a lot of reading on the subject. I did not read the “protocol” because to me anyone promoting their “diet” will give biased information, so instead I went to the normal fitness resources I use. Even way back when this came out I put up post # 422 and that is what lead me to believe that it is similar to steroids because it triggers the release of hormones. Post #422 states:

Anabolic steroid adjunct
    In the world of performance-enhancing drugs, hCG is increasingly used in combination with various anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) cycles. As a result, hCG is included in some sports' illegal drug lists.
    When exogenous AAS are put into the male body, natural negative-feedback loops cause the body to shut down its own production of testosterone via shutdown of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (HPGA). This causes testicular atrophy, among other things. hCG is commonly used during and after steroid cycles to maintain and restore testicular size as well as normal testosterone production.[25]
    High levels of AASs, that mimic the body's natural testosterone, trigger the hypothalamus to shut down its production of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. Without GnRH, the pituitary gland stops releasing luteinizing hormone (LH). LH normally travels from the pituitary via the blood stream to the testes, where it triggers the production and release of testosterone. Without LH, the testes shut down their production of testosterone.[26] In males, hCG helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes by mimicking LH and triggering the production and release of testosterone.
    If hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
    Professional athletes who have been caught using hCG have been temporarily banned from their sport, including a 50-game ban from MLB for Manny Ramirez in 2009[27] and a 4-game ban from the NFL for Brian Cushing for a positive urine test for hCG.[28]

This statement right here in particular “If hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.”. That is exactly what happens if you use steroids too long; your body stops producing it because it is getting it from an outside source. In reality you are messing with the bodies natural hormone
    balance and to me that can lead to issues.

To each their own though and it is your body and we all have the right to do what we want to it. Personally I would love to take steriods or pro-hormones, but I know they have a risk to my body, so I choose to stay away from them and do it the hard way.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Dec 13th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.

Someone needs a hug!

I look at it this way...it's your body, you do what works for you. Safe or not, healthy or not, it's yours, do what you want. I don't think a diet like that is necessary, but that is my opinion. I'm sure there are risks, placebo effects, or whatever that come with some of the supplements I'm on. Some people disagree with the effectiveness and all that jive, so be it. I like it and it works for me. HGC worked for you. You're not going to convince some people...just not going to happen. The arguing is just pointless. Why can't we be friends?
    We can't be friends cause you live in Arizona.

I know, arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics. I don't take supplements, I never have, because I've never felt like I had to. I'm not going to argue about how good or bad they are, because I've never done any research on them. If I have questions about them, I'll come to you or Nate, because I know you guys wouldn't put something in your bodies that you haven't educated yourself about. Which is what Brad and I did. It worked for us, plain and simple. If someone asks me about it, I'll tell them to read the protocol and decide if it's something for them. I wouldn't try to push it on anyone, because it might not be the right thing for them.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Wicky, I do not get why you say I have not tried to educate myself on HCG. It was new to me when you stated you started it and I did do a lot of reading on the subject. I did not read the “protocol” because to me anyone promoting their “diet” will give biased information, so instead I went to the normal fitness resources I use. Even way back when this came out I put up post # 422 and that is what lead me to believe that it is similar to steroids because it triggers the release of hormones. Post #422 states:

Anabolic steroid adjunct
    In the world of performance-enhancing drugs, hCG is increasingly used in combination with various anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) cycles. As a result, hCG is included in some sports' illegal drug lists.
    When exogenous AAS are put into the male body, natural negative-feedback loops cause the body to shut down its own production of testosterone via shutdown of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (HPGA). This causes testicular atrophy, among other things. hCG is commonly used during and after steroid cycles to maintain and restore testicular size as well as normal testosterone production.[25]
    High levels of AASs, that mimic the body's natural testosterone, trigger the hypothalamus to shut down its production of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. Without GnRH, the pituitary gland stops releasing luteinizing hormone (LH). LH normally travels from the pituitary via the blood stream to the testes, where it triggers the production and release of testosterone. Without LH, the testes shut down their production of testosterone.[26] In males, hCG helps restore and maintain testosterone production in the testes by mimicking LH and triggering the production and release of testosterone.
    If hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
    Professional athletes who have been caught using hCG have been temporarily banned from their sport, including a 50-game ban from MLB for Manny Ramirez in 2009[27] and a 4-game ban from the NFL for Brian Cushing for a positive urine test for hCG.[28]

This statement right here in particular “If hCG is used for too long and in too high a dose, the resulting rise in natural testosterone will eventually inhibit its own production via negative feedback on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland.”. That is exactly what happens if you use steroids too long; your body stops producing it because it is getting it from an outside source. In reality you are messing with the bodies natural hormone

To each their own though and it is your body and we all have the right to do what we want to it. Personally I would love to take steriods or pro-hormones, but I know they have a risk to my body, so I choose to stay away from them and do it the hard way.
    You did post this, back in a previous post, but Wicky quickly retorted that they are talking about doses and lengths that this diet doesn't even come close to. The dose we take is extremely low, and the protocol states that if you take more, it has a negative effect.

I am not taking it personal, I just have beef with people who want to talk shit about something and don't have the balls to read about it first. It's really easy to attack something you don't understand. Much harder to form your own opinion after researching both sides.

And why wouldn't you read the protocol? Your side is biased just as my side is biased. So read them both?

Anabolic steroid adjunct

But if you did read it, you'd realize that it's not some guy promoting this new diet he found.

But we aren't using it long term, or in high doses. Sooooo.... Come check my balls, you know you wanna!!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Your over the top sarcasm is what gets Brad going. You're basically calling us ignorant and putting yourself up on a pedestal because you're a personal trainer. Like we haven't done the research on this before we decided to try it.

Without over the top sarcasm, all you will hear is crickets on this board. Nothing is personal on here, un-knot your panties, guys, this shit is supposed to be fun! And I haven't seen anyone attack anyone on this thread, including myself. I've even gone so far as to apologize if I sound HOLIER THAN THOW so as to not affend the sensetive peeps contributing to this debate. If you feel ignorant, that's your problem. I don't... This is a debate, and it's by definition "Though logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal to the audience are important elements of the art of persuasion, in debating, one side often prevails over the other side by presenting a superior "context" and/or framework of the issue, which is far more subtle and strategic." See, "superior" indicates that there must be a horse higher than others to make his or her point. But hey, I jumped off of my mountain top podium to read up on this stuff. Ok, more sarcasm,,,, my job is super boring and this is the only amusement I get all day,,, throw me a bone!

BTW, how many of the supplements that you take a day are FDA backed? How many on the shelves at your local GNC are FDA backed? Just because they aren't "backed" by the FDA, doesn't mean it's bad. They are telling the companies that are making the fake stuff to stop making it. Do some research on who they are shutting down and why.
    That is a great point. And without any over the top sarcasm, I completely agree. There are tons of supplements that are not FDA approved and I have taken many. I'm not currently taking anything in that category at this point, however. The couple of supps that I'm taking though have been around for a long time with tons of long terms tests. That is what I see as the kicker for FDA approved on not FDA approved,,, long term, safe, positive results.

Ok, back to the protocal for some lernin!

But if you did read it, you'd realize that it's not some guy promoting this new diet he found.

But we aren't using it long term, or in high doses. Sooooo.... Come check my balls, you know you wanna!!
    Check my balls!! LMFAO!!
    That just made my day! Pitiful, right???