Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

He needs to eat the RIGHT food, not fast/junk food cause Tubby the Tape Worm has died and he jumped from 142-ish to 168 in the last year. Last time Keyser saw him he was probably still in the upper 130's.

Nate are you referring to pics on FB? I lost a ton of weight after I had Mikayla, then gained it back when I stopped breastfeeding her, then lost some before we went to Denver this summer from a 6 wk bootcamp, then gained it back, lol. I've been at this weight before, but it's definitely more FAT than muscle now.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    He needs to eat the RIGHT food, not fast/junk food cause Tubby the Tape Worm has died and he jumped from 142-ish to 168 in the last year. Last time Keyser saw him he was probably still in the upper 130's.

Nate are you referring to pics on FB? I lost a ton of weight after I had Mikayla, then gained it back when I stopped breastfeeding her, then lost some before we went to Denver this summer from a 6 wk bootcamp, then gained it back, lol. I've been at this weight before, but it's definitely more FAT than muscle now.
    Yup, it was after that bootcamp. Saw pics here or somewhere... Well now you can join this group and participate!!!!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Haha, definitely. Once we get back in town I'll post up for gym buddies at 24hr, although I know most of you have day jobs and all, lol!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

I certainly don't need to lose any weight, but here are some more tips for you fatty's.

The body will only do what the mind allows it to do. It starts in the mind. The same is true with shedding those extra pounds. The problem is not to be found with the needs of our belly but with our brain. Author Dianne Hales writes, “The key to permanent weight loss is changing the attitudes, feelings and habits that determine what, when, why, how often and how much you eat.”
    Choose balance over “diet”.

• Decrease “empty” calories, food items with little nutritional value and excessive calories (refined sugar/processed foods)
    • Stay away from foods that “control” you (can’t have just one).
    • Don’t eat after 8:00pm or for those on shift work, after your last meal before you sleep.
    • Eat slower and enjoy each bite.
    • Don’t eat more because you think you need more due to the increased exercise.
    • Don’t skip meals.
    • Enjoy smaller portions.
    • Overeating means overweight.
    • Brush your teeth after meals, it helps finish a meal.
    • It never tastes as good as thin feels.
    • Feed your brain first and then your stomach. This is key to losing and keeping the weight off.
    • People don’t overeat because they’re hungry but as a way of meeting their emotional needs.
    • Calories do count and the reduction of them is what really matters, not necessarily the proportion of fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
    • Eating right isn’t necessarily about will-power…it’s about changing bad habits.
    • Good health starts with good choices. How bad do you want it?

Tips to Help Change Your Mind (excerpts from an article by Michael O’Shea)

1. Set small realistic goals. If your long-term goal is to lose 20 lbs, break it down into 5 lb. increments. Say to yourself every day that you want to eat correctly to be xxx lbs.
    2. Weigh your words. Language has a powerful impact on the subconscious mind, so choose your words carefully. Use the past tense as a reminder that you are changing or at least capable of changing your habits. “I used to eat uncontrollably late at night.” Use the present tense to describe the habits you hope to acquire. “I enjoy fruit for dessert.”
    3. Challenge negative assumptions. Instead of predicting that you’ll blow your nutritional goals, remind yourself of other goals you’ve set and met.
    4. Give yourself positive affirmations. Positive, motivating phrases repeated frequently throughout the day serve as an effective tool for changing the way people think and act. Substitute “I need to eat” with the affirmation, “I am in control of what I eat.”
    5. Visualize yourself as a fitter person. “As a man (or woman) thinketh, so he is.” This is another cognitive strategy that helps break the habit of emotional eating. A person will be more successful at losing weight if the self-image reflects a healthy fit person. Post a photo of a fitter you...if your mind is keeping you overweight, change it.
    6. Keep a food diary. Keeping an account of what you eat forces you to be accountable for your food choices.

1. Commit yourself to the long-term. Never, never give up…those who succeed at staying slim don’t give up. There is no magic plan and it’s not complicated. A simple commitment is what it takes.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Im another gym rat that has done most everything, except running, I fricken hate running. Ive power lifted, body building, love boxing/martial arts, bicycle is cool, but finding myself without a goal now. I don't plan on carrying my bike home so power lifting is useless and I am married so not sure what use making myself so lean you can see veins is going to do for me. I just joined Lifetime and am trying to work on muscle endurance. Sets of 20, lots of full body movements, i.e. squats, pull ups, clean and jerk, core exercises, etc. Problem is I cant seem to set a goal and its hard to connect lap times with gym time.

Workouts you love and that you do to improve your riding, endurance?
    Thoughts?
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Im another gym rat that has done most everything, except running, I fricken hate running. Ive power lifted, body building, love boxing/martial arts, bicycle is cool, but finding myself without a goal now. I don't plan on carrying my bike home so power lifting is useless and I am married so not sure what use making myself so lean you can see veins is going to do for me. I just joined Lifetime and am trying to work on muscle endurance. Sets of 20, lots of full body movements, i.e. squats, pull ups, clean and jerk, core exercises, etc. Problem is I cant seem to set a goal and its hard to connect lap times with gym time.

Thoughts?
    Wind sprints?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Wind sprints?
    Ah, ya mean like running?

Workouts you love and that you do to improve your riding, endurance? Thoughts?
    Try mountain biking. It's two wheels, fun, hard and will most def improve your moto riding. There are great trails right here in the metro area.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quick results tho. You'll have to run, but no marathons.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Try mountain biking. It's two wheels, fun, hard and will most def improve your moto riding. There are great trails right here in the metro area.
    Your the 3rd person to tell me that. Im thinkin Id like to give it a try, unfortunately I dont own a mountain bike so that makes it hard. Im assuming most of the resort towns rent them?

You can demo/rent a MTB at BikeSource. http://www.bikesourcedenver.com/

Good idea before buying.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Fuck running. Unless I'm being chased by rabid rottweilers, I'll walk.

Matt keeps pushing mountain biking for endurance, so maybe it's the key...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Do you feel the same way about Eliptical machines? I don't like running all that much, mainly because of the impact it creates (broken hips years ago), but I can deal with eliptical (even though I don't really enjoy it). Watch tv, read, etc and try to forget you are doing cardio.

Other than that, anything that gets your heartbeat up high will work. Jump rope, jumping jacks, rowing machines, hand cycle, gym cardio classes, etc

You guys are nuts! I like running. It took me a little while to get to the point of enjoyment, but now I really like it and it's very liberating. If you only do it every now and then, yes it sucks, cause you're out of running shape. But if you do it regularly, it can be very relaxing. It's not like lifting weights, where you can just do it whenever you want and feel good afterwards. You have to work for it.

I used to love to run, but since I decided to shatter my femur, my leg likes to give out from time to time. I get my cardio from the elliptical and row machines. Also I do the incline trail at Manitou Springs and a few other trails on the weekends. Here's a recent photo of me from about 2 weeks ago at the 24hr at a lean 206lbs. (shoulder day)

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I used to love to run, but since I decided to shatter my femur, my leg likes to give out from time to time. I get my cardio from the elliptical and row machines. Also I do the incline trail at Manitou Springs and a few other trails on the weekends. Here's a recent photo of me from about 2 weeks ago at the 24hr at a lean 206lbs. (shoulder day)
    Looks good. What 24 Hour do you workout at? I workout at the one at Santa Fe and Belleview M-F 5-6:30, then Sunday mornings.

The one on Southgate in Colorado Springs. M-F 10a.m.-11:30'ish. If I don't do a trail on saturday, I usually go then and make up what I feel I slacked on during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    You guys are nuts! I like running. It took me a little while to get to the point of enjoyment, but now I really like it and it's very liberating. If you only do it every now and then, yes it sucks, cause you're out of running shape. But if you do it regularly, it can be very relaxing. It's not like lifting weights, where you can just do it whenever you want and feel good afterwards. You have to work for it.

my joints are too old for that nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    my joints are too old for that nonsense...

Old? You're old? Dude, I used to go jogging with Moses. He parted the Red Sea so we didn't have to run around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post

Old? You're old? Dude, I used to go jogging with Moses. He parted the Red Sea so we didn't have to run around it.
    good one...

Thoughts?
    Try getting into rock climbing, good mix of strength, endurance and flexibility.
    To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive

Hyper 1100
    KTM 450 XCW

Quote Originally Posted by bodhizafa View Post
    Try getting into rock climbing, good mix of strength, endurance and flexibility.
    Ok, so who worked out this weekend????

Here was yesterday's workout for me:

Bench Press (free weights):
    10 times x 135pnds
    8 times x 155 pnds
    6 times x 185 pnds
    3 times x 225 pnds

Incline Press (free weights):
    10 times x 135pnds
    8 times x 155 pnds
    6 times x 185 pnds
    3 times x 225 pnds

Decline Press (free weights):
    10 times x 135pnds
    10 times x 135 pnds
    8 times X 145 pnds
    6 times x 165 pnds

Chest Flies (Dumbells):
    10 times x 80pnds
    10 times x 90 pnds
    8 times X 100 pnds
    6 times x 110 pnds

Bench Press (Machine):
    10 times x 185pnds
    8 times x 200 pnds
    6 times x 225 pnds
    3 times x 250 pnds

Incline Press (Machine):
    10 times x 185pnds
    8 times x 200 pnds
    6 times x 225 pnds
    3 times x 250 pnds

Decline Press (Machine):
    10 times x 140pnds
    8 times x 180 pnds
    6 times X 230 pnds
    3 times x 270 pnds

Chest Flies (Machine):
    10 times x 120 pnds
    10 times x 130 pnds
    8 times X 140 pnds
    6 times x 160 pnds

Total Lifting Time = 1 hr (includes rests)
    then...

P90X Ab ripper level 3 (I call AB hell) = 16 mins
    10 minute eliptical machine cool down (15 incline at 9 resistance for 5 mins; then 20 incline at 9 resistance for 5 mins)

Total Time = about 1 1/2 hour

I tend to workout one or two body parts a day (5-6 days a week), which allows me to recover those primary muscles while hitting others the next day. I constantly change up my workout and sometimes go really heavy with less reps and sometimes lighter with more reps. This was kind of a mix and not maxing since I had no spotter.

EDIT: I was curious how much weight I lifted total and since it was in a Excel Spreadsheet: 37,470 lbs. Crazy when looked at it that way.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Sep 26th, 2011 at 11:50 AM.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

BTW, I'm starting on the 3rd, because the 1st is Saturday.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ok, so who worked out this weekend????
    256miles of dual sport on Saturday. Mostly dirt including forest service roads.

20miles of technical rocky off road on Sunday. The tail light broke off from the abuse.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE