Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Not sure if this has been posted yet as I don't feel like sifting through 37 pages, but my buddy posted this on FB and I found it very informative.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-be...d-to-know.html
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet as I don't feel like sifting through 37 pages, but my buddy posted this on FB and I found it very informative.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-be...d-to-know.html
    No, don't think it has been posted. Great article! I am happy to see I follow almost all of this; cardio after lifting, abs at the end, I still lift when sore, train in the evening, I never do cardio at a "comfortable" pace, and do nearly all the exercises they recommend. Nice to know all these years of research are agreeing with what this article show
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Nate- I'm almost done with my bottle of powerfull. Supposedly your body produces th most GH when you're in a deep sleep, and that's what this stuff does. Just makes you sleep a lot better. I like it so far. Crazy dreams and I feel well rested. Hard to say if I've noticed any results, but the sleep makes it worthwhile for me.
    So I tried a supplement for better sleeping this weekend and I can say I got the best sleep I have experienced in many years. I woke up so refreshed and was able to have the best chest workout I have had in a while; I was able to lift about 10 pnds more than I have before and never left tired (throughout the day). I was also very sore from a hardcore shoulder exercise and the next morning I really did feel like it helped to recover faster....was not nearly as sore as if I wouldn't have taken this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ZG7WGWAJFV3HMQ

I actually bought this for my gf, who is a nurse and has sleeping issue with her 3 12hour night work schedule. Got it on a recommendation from a friend and figured after hearing Keyser's review on Powerfull I would give it a try. I only took half the recommend does; 1/2 scoop and that was enough for me. Just felt like one of those sleeps where it almost feels like you just went to bed, but you wake up feeling rested.

Every time I get the itch to go running, it snows.

Still doing random Insanity episodes four times a week. Life is starting to get on a schedule again, so it should be easier to be more regular with my workouts...hopefully. Just waiting for spring, so I can get outside more...

Might have to try this, haven't been sleeping worth a crap! Is it FDA approved??? LOL!!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    Might have to try this, haven't been sleeping worth a crap! Is it FDA approved??? LOL!!
    Better...it is Nate approved

I'd say it is worth a try. I never have problems falling asleep or staying asleep, but this stuff really gave me some of the best sleep I have got in longer than I can remember! Even today I still feel so refreshed for a Monday......now that I think of it I have not even yawned which I tend to do till about 11am every work morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Better...it is Nate approved

I'd say it is worth a try. I never have problems falling asleep or staying asleep, but this stuff really gave me some of the best sleep I have got in longer than I can remember! Even today I still feel so refreshed for a Monday......now that I think of it I have not even yawned which I tend to do till about 11am every work morning.
    I've been fighting off a cold for almost a week now. I can't seem to sleep enough and toss and turn most of the night. Maybe the fact that I'm only working out 2-3 times/week for the last couple weeks is crewing with me. That or I have the hiv
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

19 days and counting till the Spartan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=M4aM0fpS0IU

19 days and counting till the Spartan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=M4aM0fpS0IU
    I hate when Rob ignores my replies JK...but I did try your recommended sleep sups that I had never tried and posted my positive review!

So I tried a supplement for better sleeping this weekend and I can say I got the best sleep I have experienced in many years. I woke up so refreshed and was able to have the best chest workout I have had in a while; I was able to lift about 10 pnds more than I have before and never left tired (throughout the day). I was also very sore from a hardcore shoulder exercise and the next morning I really did feel like it helped to recover faster....was not nearly as sore as if I wouldn't have taken this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ZG7WGWAJFV3HMQ

I actually bought this for my gf, who is a nurse and has sleeping issue with her 3 12hour night work schedule. Got it on a recommendation from a friend and figured after hearing Keyser's review on Powerfull I would give it a try. I only took half the recommend does; 1/2 scoop and that was enough for me. Just felt like one of those sleeps where it almost feels like you just went to bed, but you wake up feeling rested.
    Interesting. I might try that next. I didn't look, what's the active ingredient?

Interesting. I might try that next. I didn't look, what's the active ingredient?
    All natural stuff...yeah right

Proprietary Blend: 14 g 4-amino-3-Phenylbutric Acid Gamma Amino Butyric Acid Macuna Pruriens Extract (standardized to 20% L-Dopa) L-Arginine HCL L-Tyrosine L-Phenylaline Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500% Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural and Artifical Flavors and Colors, Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium *Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Working out today is for lack of a better word going to suck! I was not able to workout for two weeks straight due to work and now i can finally get back into the groove.

I already know tomorrow i am going to be sore as hell!!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Working out today is for lack of a better word going to suck! I was not able to workout for two weeks straight due to work and now i can finally get back into the groove.

I already know tomorrow i am going to be sore as hell!!
    Better take a bunch of Glutamine when you are done. If you don't have any eat some fresh fruit! Should help

Better take a bunch of Glutamine when you are done. If you don't have any eat some fresh fruit! Should help
    Or maybe he could knock the sand out of his vag and stop bitching?

I am still getting the greatest sleep of my life with Somatomax!!!!

Well damn, got sick with the flu and haven’t been to the gym in a week now. Sucks so bad.

Anyone think working out a lot tears down the body and makes you more prone to getting sick? People at work give me sh*t because I am all about good health, but I tend to get sick more often than the people that don’t care. I’m thinking since I am constantly tearing my body down and rebuilding it (process of muscle gain) that my body is a bit weak at that point since it is busy repairing the gym damage. Anyone have any insight into this?

We're back!

Day 1 of P90X!
    Chest and Back

It's still kind of cold in Rifle, so I haven't been running much and can't get on the mtn bike. And I'm going to Baja at the end of March, so time to get back into it, right? These are my own thoughts after one day of P90X:

1. Tony Horton is a tool. Not sure if I'll be able to stand him for 60 or 90 days. I already want to slap him. Shaun T. (Insanity) was actually fun and enjoyable. I will miss him.

2. Lots of pushups and pullups. I can see it getting my toned pretty well. BTW- I suck at pull ups! The pushups are fine, but pullups are hard for me. I think having done the Insanity, my level of pushups will really help. The people on the video aren't too far beyond what I'm doing (for pushups). Pullups will be a really good thing to work on.

3. Challenging, sure. Hard, not compared to Insanity. I understand they are going for different things, and maybe I just need to come to terms with that. I guess I shouldn't expect to finish the workout dripping in sweat and wanting to lay on the ground. I can def feel a solid workout in my arms and back.

4. Did I mention that Tony Horton is a tool and I want to slap him?

5. You are supposed to do Ab Ripper X, and I'll try and do that tonight. I'm giving myself only an hour in the morning.

6. It's different because I'm used to working everything, every episode, not specific areas. So I kind of missed the cardio aspect, overall stretching. But like I said, it'll be good and different at the same time.

7. I kind of wish I had more weights. The resistance bands will work, but I kind of like the feeling of weights. Resistance bands wouldn't be my first choice, but hopefully they'll do the trick. I did get a pullup bar, which I think is really important.

I'll let you all in to my brilliant insight as I continue. Anybody else have feedback on this program?

Nate, I was just wondering what happened to you!

Well damn, got sick with the flu and haven’t been to the gym in a week now. Sucks so bad.

Anyone think working out a lot tears down the body and makes you more prone to getting sick? People at work give me sh*t because I am all about good health, but I tend to get sick more often than the people that don’t care. I’m thinking since I am constantly tearing my body down and rebuilding it (process of muscle gain) that my body is a bit weak at that point since it is busy repairing the gym damage. Anyone have any insight into this?
    It might just be your immune system in general because myself and my shop manager are the only ones in the entire shop that go to the gym at all and we never get sick whereas everyone else in the shop is always getting sick.

It might just be your immune system in general because myself and my shop manager are the only ones in the entire shop that go to the gym at all and we never get sick whereas everyone else in the shop is always getting sick.
    Must be because I have always been the one to get sick ever since I was a small kid. I even got the damn flu shot and still got the flu. Everyone around me doesn’t take vitamins are works out and they never get sick. I’ve read studies that show when your are repairing that your immune system goes down a bit, so wondered if there is any truth to it. If not maybe I just have a crappy immune system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Nate, I was just wondering what happened to you!
    Yeah up until last Wednesday I was still doing my 5 days a week and making great gains; especially on chest. Oh well the time off should help and I will get back into it. Sucks when you work so hard and then see gains go away so fast from being sick a few days. I had a 104 temp and remembering sitting there thinking I could not lift a 5 lb weights at that point, yet days earlier I was carrying 90lbs dumbbells.

Must be because I have always been the one to get sick ever since I was a small kid. I even got the damn flu shot and still got the flu. Everyone around me doesn’t take vitamins are works out and they never get sick. I’ve read studies that show when your are repairing that your immune system goes down a bit, so wondered if there is any truth to it. If not maybe I just have a crappy immune system.
    Some people just have crappy immune systems, try taking more vitamin C and vitamin E. on a constant daily basis. and drink water till your piss is clear every time you go. Those are some things you can do to help your immune system another thing you can do is every 6 months or so take Niacin to flush out your system. I used to take Niacin every 3 months but have been noticing that some of the shakes i take for post workout have Niacin in them.

Some people just have crappy immune systems, try taking more vitamin C and vitamin E. on a constant daily basis. and drink water till your piss is clear every time you go. Those are some things you can do to help your immune system another thing you can do is every 6 months or so take Niacin to flush out your system. I used to take Niacin every 3 months but have been noticing that some of the shakes i take for post workout have Niacin in them.
    Yeah I do all that already; even take it a step further and take Colostrum daily which is known to boost the immune system. 1MR that I take also has a lot of Niacin in it. I also take my daily vitamins and even fish oil. Wash my hands before eating too; some say maybe I do too much, but ever since I was young though I have always been the one to get sick and not much seems to help.

I am afraid to get on the scale and see how much muscle mass weights I lost in just the week. Just couldn't eat, so figuring at least 5 pnds

I've been out for three weeks now, Nate. Going nuts. Xrays last friday and an MRI later this week. Oh and some sort of nerve test. Fuckin hate missing the gym and having down time like this. Get all depressed and shit.

I've been out for three weeks now, Nate. Going nuts. Xrays last friday and an MRI later this week. Oh and some sort of nerve test. Fuckin hate missing the gym and having down time like this. Get all depressed and shit.
    Damn man, what happened? I haven’t been on the boards as much lately and fevers messed up my mind so excuse if you already told me.

I feel you man, just been out a week and plus that fell on stupid ice and hurt my wrist pretty bad so not even sure when I should go back now. It is weird but I get all depressed too and just don’t fell like the same person. I am use to going to the gym and seeing my buddies and that time occupies me and makes me feel like I accomplish something. Now I am going nuts too not able to go and not knowing when I can get back kills me more. Keep your head up buddy and they say time like this will make us gain faster when we get back to it J