Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    BTW, I'm starting on the 3rd, because the 1st is Saturday.
    None of that Wicky...start today!!!!! Excuses are like assholes; everyone has one

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    256miles of dual sport on Saturday. Mostly dirt including forest service roads.

20miles of technical rocky off road on Sunday. The tail light broke off from the abuse.
    I bet you are sore today! How do those forearms feel today!!!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

After being in shit ass Lysite WY all week and not being able to workout then or the week before i cant wait to hit the gym today i am going to be sore as hell tomorrow but its gonna feel goooooood!!!!! I may not be big like bulldog (165lbs) but i have been making weight gains for the last two years that have been exponential due to eating, lifting, and i like to get my cardio in the pool! After every two laps i get out and do 20 push ups and 50 sit ups. I usually try to do around 20 laps but i always lose count after 15. All of my weight gains have been pure muscle i maintain a 6% body fat and after just recently seeing the doc about a month ago he said whatever im doing to keep doing it! If anyone is in the south denver area or even near I-25 and lincoln i have a membership to 24 hour on tamarac and one on quebec and lincoln I am more than happy to show you some good workout routines.

Two hours at Bally's yesterday. Whole body combo of free weights and machines. Same workout on Tuesday. Cycling for the week = 139 miles.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    None of that Wicky...start today!!!!! Excuses are like assholes; everyone has one
    And they all stink!

I had a little workout this weekend, rode 2 up to Breck and back. Then yesterday we went to Ikea, then that evening I was jumping in and out of a skatepark bowl to take some senior pictures. Does that count?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    After being in shit ass Lysite WY all week and not being able to workout then or the week before i cant wait to hit the gym today i am going to be sore as hell tomorrow but its gonna feel goooooood!!!!! I may not be big like bulldog (165lbs) but i have been making weight gains for the last two years that have been exponential due to eating, lifting, and i like to get my cardio in the pool! After every two laps i get out and do 20 push ups and 50 sit ups. I usually try to do around 20 laps but i always lose count after 15. All of my weight gains have been pure muscle i maintain a 6% body fat and after just recently seeing the doc about a month ago he said whatever im doing to keep doing it! If anyone is in the south denver area or even near I-25 and lincoln i have a membership to 24 hour on tamarac and one on quebec and lincoln I am more than happy to show you some good workout routines.
    Hey I am about 170-175; don't jipp me out of those hard to earn 10 pnds or muscle. Now 3D on the board is the big guy as the most I have ever weighed was about 195 and that was 5,000 calories a day with no cardio and a personal trainer!

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Two hours at Bally's yesterday. Whole body combo of free weights and machines. Same workout on Tuesday. Cycling for the week = 139 miles.
    Wow John, 139 miles is crazy! Probably takes me a few months to get that much cardio!

And they all stink!

I had a little workout this weekend, rode 2 up to Breck and back. Then yesterday we went to Ikea, then that evening I was jumping in and out of a skatepark bowl to take some senior pictures. Does that count?
    Rode as in a pedal bike? If so, then that is hardcore, but if not, then no that didn't really count
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Sep 26th, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

The goal for me is 200lbs Im on a pretty strict protein shake cycle and loading on carbs like a sonovabitch so we shall see how it goes.

Now 3D on the board is the big guy as the most I have ever weighed was about 195 and that was 5,000 calories a day with no cardio and a personal trainer!
    I changed up my diet about 4 months ago and started doing a lot more cardio for 20min before my workouts. It has helped shed the extra poundage. I started eating more high protein foods along with the multivitamins in the mornings also. I don't want to make this a long post, but I'll just give what I usually eat for breakfast in the mornings. I stick to this 6 days a week. Usually take a break on Sundays.

Breakfast:
    6 eggs (scrambled w/no seasoning) 2 whole egg, 4 egg whites.
    1 piece of toast ( seven grain or wheat) a little butter and a little jelly
    6oz yoplait yogurt cup. ( usually strawberry or peach)
    1 large banana ( slightly green is good because it takes longer to digest so it makes you feel fuller longer)
    2 scoops of monster milk w/ 16oz of water. (50g protein)
    1 pack multivitamin (GNC Sport packs)
    2 fish oil tablets. (GNC brand also)

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

I will throw this out there. I am an ACE certified personal trainer. I will help anyone if they have questions. Give you a free workout, based on your goals. And depending on how serious you want to get, Im willing to take on a couple more clients for the time being.

Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    I will throw this out there. I am an ACE certified personal trainer. I will help anyone if they have questions. Give you a free workout, based on your goals. And depending on how serious you want to get, Im willing to take on a couple more clients for the time being.

Tyrel
    Anyone that wants real results, get a personal trainer! You may think you know a lot or can find it online, but nothing beats the knowledge of a good personal trainer that molds the exercises/diet specifically to you.

I was not a believer myself, and after about 3 years I plateued and could not get passed where I was stuck at. Got a personal trainer and within weeks I had passed where I had had been stuck at.

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

Food matters, watch the movie. It's available for free until October 8.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...DNL_artTest_A4

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post
    Food matters, watch the movie. It's available for free until October 8.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...DNL_artTest_A4

Good info in this. I'm glad u shared. It really opens your eyes.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

I need to lose it again. I don't have over 100#'s to lose this time like last time, but it's still not gonna be an easy task. I could use the motivation.

I've got a good idea of what I need to do only because of doing Weight Watchers the first time (from 2002 - 2005).

Everyone's body is different and I had a whole lotta problems the first time I lost a boatload of weight. I first went to see a nutritionist. I highly recommend anyone seeing a nutritionist. You should really get a good idea of what causes you to retain weight/fat/whatever you wanna call it.

After finding out that I had made my body insulin resistant, I bought the book, "The Insulin Resistance Diet." This is not a diet, though...this is life! The book talks about how to pair your foods so that your body is less likely to turn carbs/sugars into fat. The way to do that is to have enough protein in your diet and to not eat simple carbs. If you do eat carbs, make sure you eat complex carbs, like whole wheat pastas, whole grains, etc. And then just pair a certain amount of carbs along with a certain amount of lean protein. The protein is important because it metabolizes the carbs (burns em off).

Anyhoo, despite knowing what I should eat, I still regained a bit of the 100+ back because of stress, depression, etc. That stuff raises the bad hormone levels in the body which in turn holds onto the fat rather than allowing it to be burned off. Bad hormones also crave "comfort" foods...and voila, here I am...50+ pounds heavier and not feeling physically good.

I know...long story, huh?

Well, I got an invite in the mail to do a cardiovascular study at CUBoulder. It's for 45 - 65 years olds and it will determine my health. So I'm gonna attempt to partake in the study...well, first I have to be accepted into the study.

Thanks, Wicky for posting this thread. The other thing about my body is that I don't lose fast...it took me 2 1/2 years to lose 112 pounds the first time...so, I might be the only one posting in here after a while...maybe.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    I need to lose it again. I don't have over 100#'s to lose this time like last time, but it's still not gonna be an easy task. I could use the motivation.

I've got a good idea of what I need to do only because of doing Weight Watchers the first time (from 2002 - 2005).

Everyone's body is different and I had a whole lotta problems the first time I lost a boatload of weight. I first went to see a nutritionist. I highly recommend anyone seeing a nutritionist. You should really get a good idea of what causes you to retain weight/fat/whatever you wanna call it.

After finding out that I had made my body insulin resistant, I bought the book, "The Insulin Resistance Diet." This is not a diet, though...this is life! The book talks about how to pair your foods so that your body is less likely to turn carbs/sugars into fat. The way to do that is to have enough protein in your diet and to not eat simple carbs. If you do eat carbs, make sure you eat complex carbs, like whole wheat pastas, whole grains, etc. And then just pair a certain amount of carbs along with a certain amount of lean protein. The protein is important because it metabolizes the carbs (burns em off).

Anyhoo, despite knowing what I should eat, I still regained a bit of the 100+ back because of stress, depression, etc. That stuff raises the bad hormone levels in the body which in turn holds onto the fat rather than allowing it to be burned off. Bad hormones also crave "comfort" foods...and voila, here I am...50+ pounds heavier and not feeling physically good.

I know...long story, huh?

Well, I got an invite in the mail to do a cardiovascular study at CUBoulder. It's for 45 - 65 years olds and it will determine my health. So I'm gonna attempt to partake in the study...well, first I have to be accepted into the study.

Thanks, Wicky for posting this thread. The other thing about my body is that I don't lose fast...it took me 2 1/2 years to lose 112 pounds the first time...so, I might be the only one posting in here after a while...maybe.
    Hey losing 112 pounds is not an easy task and you had the willpower to stick to it and get it off, so this time it should be easier! You have the right direction already; proper nutrition - diet is so much more important than the actual exercise. Also like you consider this not a diet, but life!

Oh and don't worry about being the only one posting in here, because to me fitness is life and I plan to do it till the day I die or my body won't let me anymore. I've felt that way for years, but just two days ago I was talking to a guy I always chat with at the gym. Anyways I always thought this guy was around my age, 33, but then he stated he was 48 years old and I was shocked! This guy is in great shape and I would not have put him a day over 40. He contributes it all to exercise and proper diet that he has been doing for over 20 years. I was sold, but that really cemented it for me!

I'm still starting on the first. Whether it's a program or just me on my own getting stuff done, I'm starting on Saturday. I ran 3.75 miles this morning...and it felt okay. Just can't keep the cycle going of getting fat in winter and loosing it all in summer. It's not healthy.

I'm not able to run or jog with my knee cartilage and stretched ACL, but I'd be up for some type of weekend mountain biking get-togethers.

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSIX24 View Post
    I'm not able to run or jog with my knee cartilage and stretched ACL, but I'd be up for some type of weekend mountain biking get-togethers.
    Eliptical? Works on my once broken hip since no impact

Quote Originally Posted by InlineSIX24 View Post
    Just like Bulldog said. The elliptical machine works great. The row machine also works great.

hit the elliptical today after I lifted...I do want to start actually jogging though...signing up for a 5k in November to motivate my ass

I started doing some solid workouts on Friday, but today was my first day of Insanity.

09/03- 30 min of weights/core (good)
    10/01- run 10k (very hard, serious GI issues)
    10/02- run 5k (good, sub 9 pace)
    10/03- Insanity day 1 (pretty easy)

BIG props to Mother Goose!

BTW, I'm starting on the 3rd, because the 1st is Saturday.
    So will Wicky start today?????
    Of course I worked out all weekend and continue my life of soreness

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I started doing some solid workouts on Friday, but today was my first day of Insanity.

09/03- 30 min of weights/core (good)
    10/01- run 10k (very hard, serious GI issues)
    10/02- run 5k (good, sub 9 pace), ate lots of cookies.
    10/03- Insanity day 1 (pretty easy)

BIG props to Mother Goose!
    Fixed.

So will Wicky start today?????
    Of course I worked out all weekend and continue my life of soreness
    Yep! I'm not a morning workout person, so I'm doing it when I get home tonight.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Missed the last week at the gym because of a new job. My body let me know about it this morning when I went to lift. While I look in no way like Bulldog (yet) I'm getting there...slowly. Unfortunately I am so used to working out in the morning I have to get used to doing it at night now.

My only advice is if you're a runner...get good shoes. I've been nursing a blown gastroc muscle (outside of the calf) and tendonitis in my achilles' for the last six weeks because of bad shoes.

Second piece of advice which kind of dovetails with Bulldogs statement about his arms... Realize that your body is unique and that you will make gains in some areas faster while in other areas it will seem like it takes forever to notice anything. Genetics are a bitch...

Anyway good luck Wicky, et al.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Fixed.
    Seriously! I was shocked that I was able to do that run. Ang's stomach was really hurting after mile 2. So what did I do for the last mile, yell at her and run faster! She was not having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Seriously! I was shocked that I was able to do that run. Ang's stomach was really hurting after mile 2. So what did I do for the last mile, yell at her and run faster! She was not having fun!
    Ya man, good job...that is alot of running and not easy! I've heard good things about Instanity (especially results), so let us know how it goes!