Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast
Results 1,153 to 1,176 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Ha! Thanks for all the sage advise Nate, but the day I have to start taking "product" for soreness, is the day I offically give this life up to my internal sissyfication. I'm a natural athlete, if you catch my drift.

Turning 35 this year though, and having a newborn is motivation enough to maybe start doing it proper again. The occassional lunch-time workout is nice maintenance, but there's a HUGE difference between maintenance and progress! Especially with 40 on the near horizon. Maybe if CF get me back to a more realistic fighting weight, I'll do a few more juju tourneys. It'll be nice just to remind myself that I can still lay down the constriction on some of you young-bucks. =)
    Just to clear something up, glutamine is natural and perfectly safe; most abundent amino acid in the body! The body cannot create enough of it at times during hard workouts, so this is why it is important to add some.

What is Glutamine?

Glutamine is an amino acid. Amino acids are the building blocks to protein. Glutamine is not just any amino acid, it is the most abundant amino acid in our body - and highly concentrated in our muscles. Glutamine has recently been re-classified as a conditionally essential amino acid. This means that while the body can make glutamine, there are times when the body's need for glutamine is greater than its ability to produce glutamine.
    What can Glutamine do for me?

Studies have shown that glutamine supplementation can do the following:
    • Increase Protein synthesis (which leads to increased muscle mass)
    • Increase nitrogen retention
    • Decrease muscle breakdown
    • Decrease recovery time needed after a workout
    • Enhance immune functions
    http://www.powersupplements.com/glutamine.htm
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Hmmm good info.

yeah, man...glutamine is awesome.

gonna be my saving grace when i cycle off preworkout and creatine in 3 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_R6 View Post
    yeah, man...glutamine is awesome.

gonna be my saving grace when i cycle off preworkout and creatine in 3 weeks...
    It really helps soreness. Poor lady that works with me has just started working out and came in barely able to walk the other day. I gave her a few scoops of glutamine to use right after her next workout. She used it and it reduced the soreness in half...she came on all thanking me and went and bought her own. Really, this stuff is very safe, works, and is cheap!

yeah, i use it after every workout haha...love it...

I usually eat 15 lbs of raw beef for my recovery...... Sometimes I will substitute with 15 whole raw chickens, but it depends on how I feel. What about salmonella you ask? I'm too AWESOME to contract it...... "True Story"

I like "four fried chickens and a coke. And some dry white toast."
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I usually eat 15 lbs of raw beef for my recovery...... Sometimes I will substitute with 15 whole raw chickens, but it depends on how I feel. What about salmonella you ask? I'm too AWESOME to contract it...... "True Story"
    This is a joke right?

Been hitting the weights all week. I'm enjoying it, but I really want to find better exercises to incorporate weights with stability/core muscles. It def feels good/different than what I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Been hitting the weights all week. I'm enjoying it, but I really want to find better exercises to incorporate weights with stability/core muscles. It def feels good/different than what I was doing.
    Awww...Sean is lifting weights and turning into a man finally....jk, but you know I am a weight lifting guy

Try a balance disk

You can lift weights while on it like this (Image too large to post)
    http://www.fitnessbodybalance.com/ya...k.13183836.jpg
    Basically you can do mosty lifts while on one of these disks and the balance will strengthen your core at the same time. Most gyms have them, but sometimes you need to ask to borrow one.

These are good for core using it

This had a good video on disk workouts
    http://www.mosesinhomefitness.com/balancedisc.html

Half Exercise Balls work well too

I just wanted to post this because I love this pic

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

I am looking for someone to help out my 15 yr old son bulk up. The kid is like 6'1, maybe 6'2 and like 150lbs, he's tall and lean.

He really wants to bulk up for football next fall and goes to the gym with his buddies, all that teen boy shit, but he's not gaining so I'm hoping that someone might be able to either help train him or even get him going in the right direction. The kid is half Tongan for f's sake, he should be naturally beefed up, lol... and tat'd but that'll come later.

Anyone in the SE Aurora area a personal trainer? He has a membership with 24hr fitness and goes to the one off Parker and Quincy. Even if it's a once a week meeting or a once a week schedule emailed to him with some nutrition info (ie what he needs to eat, i've already told him he should ask his gym teacher about drinking protein shakes).
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

It's all on his diet being 15 yrs old since his metabolism rate is ridiculous. He can drink shakes all he wants but the right food is also key. I remember those good ol' days and after 4 years of a strict diet, tons of water daily and proper daily workouts, I was 190lbs by my senior year and just ripped/built as I could get and I'm only 5'6. He should talk to a trainer that has nutritionist advice/experience

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Two words: Golden Corral
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    I am looking for someone to help out my 15 yr old son bulk up. The kid is like 6'1, maybe 6'2 and like 150lbs, he's tall and lean.

He really wants to bulk up for football next fall and goes to the gym with his buddies, all that teen boy shit, but he's not gaining so I'm hoping that someone might be able to either help train him or even get him going in the right direction. The kid is half Tongan for f's sake, he should be naturally beefed up, lol... and tat'd but that'll come later.

Anyone in the SE Aurora area a personal trainer? He has a membership with 24hr fitness and goes to the one off Parker and Quincy. Even if it's a once a week meeting or a once a week schedule emailed to him with some nutrition info (ie what he needs to eat, i've already told him he should ask his gym teacher about drinking protein shakes).
    He's going to have to eat a lot. You can substitute two or three meals with a weight gainer shake. It's not the same as a protein shake. Weight gainers have a higher calorie count than a regular protein shake. He should be drinking a regular protein shake with his breakfast, and within 30 minutes post workout. Eggs are a good bulking food for breakfast, but take out a few yolks. I usually do 6 eggs and take out 4 yolks. He should be eating high protein meats such as chicken, fish or beef about two or three times a day along with some type of rice, brown or white and some leafy greens like spinach or broccoli. Try to keep the portions small, like 8 - 10 oz of meat and about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of rice, that way he won't be too full the next time it's time for him to eat. If he misses a meal, he can sub a weight gainer or Meal replacement shake (MRP). As long as he works out consistently, he should gain a good amount of weight by next season. Just try to keep him off of the fast foods. Once in a while is fine, especially for his age, but try to limit it as much as possible.

You mean this kid?

John
    KTM Duke 690

Yup, as others have said it is mainly about calories right now if he wants to gain! I had this same issue as a kid and was really hard to gain and took me years to really learn how to do it right. As 3D said I would have him use “weight gainers” instead of protein shakes or at least his main calorie shake intakes. He will need to eat lots of protein like chicken too. For me I could eat nearly anything, including fast food, donuts, bagels, etc, because I was young and my metabolism was super fast, and the main thing was just getting in tons of calories each day. Next he needs to focus on lifting what we call “big and heavy”; which means most he lifts should consist of low reps (under ten) and heavy weight (to the point where he struggles on the last few reps to lift it). Do this for 3-4 sets on each workout and it will cause the muscles to get big (your big muscles on kick in when you struggle)! The key here is to put on the weight, which may be fat, and then when he gets to about where he wants weight wise, then work on leaning that out. Most the mass will stay and he will shed the fat. This is what I did. In high school I weighed maybe 125lbs (at 5’9”). When I got a personal trainer and he taught me what to do I got all the way up to 195lbs, then we leaned it out to about 180lbs. Sucks but super skinny guys have to put on the weight first then lean it out; it is so hard to add mass and stay lean at the same time.

This is a MASS GAINER I hear good stuff about, but anything like these should help!
    http://www.dymatize.com/products/gainer/480/elite-mass-gainer/?back=products

If he ever needs help lifting I go to 24Hour Fitness on Santa Fe and Belleview on Sundays about noon and could meet up with him then. Bring Frisco along so we can help gain him too! Lol (Hoopty claims he is going to start joining me on Sundays too so he can gain muscle also!)

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post

You mean this kid?

haha, omg yes! Except he's definitely not that small anymore!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    It's all on his diet being 15 yrs old since his metabolism rate is ridiculous. He can drink shakes all he wants but the right food is also key. I remember those good ol' days and after 4 years of a strict diet, tons of water daily and proper daily workouts, I was 190lbs by my senior year and just ripped/built as I could get and I'm only 5'6. He should talk to a trainer that has nutritionist advice/experience
    He's going to have to eat a lot. You can substitute two or three meals with a weight gainer shake. It's not the same as a protein shake. Weight gainers have a higher calorie count than a regular protein shake. He should be drinking a regular protein shake with his breakfast, and within 30 minutes post workout. Eggs are a good bulking food for breakfast, but take out a few yolks. I usually do 6 eggs and take out 4 yolks. He should be eating high protein meats such as chicken, fish or beef about two or three times a day along with some type of rice, brown or white and some leafy greens like spinach or broccoli. Try to keep the portions small, like 8 - 10 oz of meat and about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of rice, that way he won't be too full the next time it's time for him to eat. If he misses a meal, he can sub a weight gainer or Meal replacement shake (MRP). As long as he works out consistently, he should gain a good amount of weight by next season. Just try to keep him off of the fast foods. Once in a while is fine, especially for his age, but try to limit it as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yup, as others have said it is mainly about calories right now if he wants to gain! I had this same issue as a kid and was really hard to gain and took me years to really learn how to do it right. As 3D said I would have him use “weight gainers” instead of protein shakes or at least his main calorie shake intakes. He will need to eat lots of protein like chicken too. For me I could eat nearly anything, including fast food, donuts, bagels, etc, because I was young and my metabolism was super fast, and the main thing was just getting in tons of calories each day. Next he needs to focus on lifting what we call “big and heavy”; which means most he lifts should consist of low reps (under ten) and heavy weight (to the point where he struggles on the last few reps to lift it). Do this for 3-4 sets on each workout and it will cause the muscles to get big (your big muscles on kick in when you struggle)! The key here is to put on the weight, which may be fat, and then when he gets to about where he wants weight wise, then work on leaning that out. Most the mass will stay and he will shed the fat. This is what I did. In high school I weighed maybe 125lbs (at 5’9”). When I got a personal trainer and he taught me what to do I got all the way up to 195lbs, then we leaned it out to about 180lbs. Sucks but super skinny guys have to put on the weight first then lean it out; it is so hard to add mass and stay lean at the same time.

This is a MASS GAINER I hear good stuff about, but anything like these should help!
    http://www.dymatize.com/products/gainer/480/elite-mass-gainer/?back=products

If he ever needs help lifting I go to 24Hour Fitness on Santa Fe and Belleview on Sundays about noon and could meet up with him then. Bring Frisco along so we can help gain him too! Lol (Hoopty claims he is going to start joining me on Sundays too so he can gain muscle also!)
    Thanks everyone!

His metabolism is insane. He's been thin every since he was toddler and now he either eats a lot in one sitting or can go an entire day and only eat 1-2 times. His eating pattern is all over the place, which is why I thought maybe some sort of shake could help get in more cal's since he doesn't always eat.

Lol, Nate good luck on Frisco. The only lifting he does is fork to mouth or beer to mouth. My mom bought us both memberships years ago and he never went, so i didn't renew it.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Anyone want to challenge this guy

Fat Man Challenges Big Mouth Muscle Guys
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxv-k...layer_embedded

WTF is that dangling between his legs...... LMAO.....

WTF is that dangling between his legs...... LMAO.....
    Probably the fat that according to him makes him so strong since he carries it with him everywhere!

I liked how he proved he wasn't wearing a fat suit! Really I didn't question it

Sad thing is this guy probably really thinks he is in good shape and doesn't realize that being that overweight causes a lot of problems in the body.....

You going ready the challenge him 3D????

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Is he looking for sympathy or something? its his fault hes a fat fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Is he looking for sympathy or something? its his fault hes a fat fuck.
    Pretty sure he is serious!

He must be a natural athlete