Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,224 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Wait after you hit your goal you are just going to stop? Not the best idea man granted it appears this is what got you to the point of needing to lose weight in the first place! Good fitness is a lifestyle and not a period in life. You should reconsider this!!!!
    No - you misunderstand...
    I'm not going to just stop doing what I'm doing... I'll keep doing the intake level and my workout level that will put me at 165... but at that point I'm sure Weight Watchers will put me on a maintenance program - keep me at the points I'll be at when I hit goal - not drop down any further so that I stay at my goal level.

I have every intention of staying with the same routine that will get me there... and do everything I can to keep me there long term!

If I continue to lose weight while on the maintenance plan because I will still be doing the same workout level or such then clearly my body was able to continue down the path of losing more.

What I originally meant was that I had no intention of updating my goal to PUSH for a lower weight than 165 because I'm honestly not sure what I'll look like at that point. If I look anorexic or too gaunt or such - then dropping more would probably be a bad idea. There is such a thing as TOO thin after all.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Wait after you hit your goal you are just going to stop? Not the best idea man granted it appears this is what got you to the point of needing to lose weight in the first place! Good fitness is a lifestyle and not a period in life. You should reconsider this!!!!

Originally Posted by Vance
    No man --- when I hit 100% that's it for me. It'll just be maintain maintain maintain from there. Goal weight (165) is roughly 10lbs lighter than I've ever been in my entire adult life... so that will be a massive achievement for me.
    He isn't going to just stop working out hes just going to stop losing weight.

Edit: Ninja'd by .00001 of a second, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    No - you misunderstand...
    I'm not going to just stop doing what I'm doing... I'll keep doing the intake level and my workout level that will put me at 165... but at that point I'm sure Weight Watchers will put me on a maintenance program - keep me at the points I'll be at when I hit goal - not drop down any further so that I stay at my goal level.

I have every intention of staying with the same routine that will get me there... and do everything I can to keep me there long term!

If I continue to lose weight while on the maintenance plan because I will still be doing the same workout level or such then clearly my body was able to continue down the path of losing more.

What I originally meant was that I had no intention of updating my goal to PUSH for a lower weight than 165 because I'm honestly not sure what I'll look like at that point. If I look anorexic or too gaunt or such - then dropping more would probably be a bad idea. There is such a thing as TOO thin after all.
    Ok, I got you I actually was pretty sure that is what you meant but I wanted to hear you say it (or type it in this case)!

Not sure if you have a workout routine or just doing diet, but you could always continue to do your workout and adjust the number of calories you do to not lose weight. This should cause you to add muscle, therefore making your body burn calories faster (more muscle faster you burn). This would allow you to enjoy more food, while staying at your goal weight!

Or just set a different type of goal to achieve so you are always striving for something. For example take time off how long you run a mile. Etc…

Either way, good job Vance! Always feels good to accomplish
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm still lifting 4-6 times a week. I've been running a mile on the treadmill and then doing 45 min of weights. I try to do alternating exercises, so I minimize the time that I'm there, and it's been feeling pretty good. It's amazing how a body can change in character from doing more endurance type activities, to doing just weights.

I've been using this workout plan with a few twists.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...g-routine.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I'm still lifting 4-6 times a week. I've been running a mile on the treadmill and then doing 45 min of weights. I try to do alternating exercises, so I minimize the time that I'm there, and it's been feeling pretty good. It's amazing how a body can change in character from doing more endurance type activities, to doing just weights.

I've been using this workout plan with a few twists.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...g-routine.html
    Glad you are liking the weight lifting too! Compiling the two (endurance and weights) is works wonders on the body. I've been doing 1 hr lifting and 20-30 cardio now.

Looks like a good workout plan!

Glad you are liking the weight lifting too! Compiling the two (endurance and weights) is works wonders on the body. I've been doing 1 hr lifting and 20-30 cardio now.

Looks like a good workout plan!
    Thanks, Nate. Yeah, it's feeling good. I've been really working on form over heavy weights, just to make sure I get back into the right habits. I will start bumping up the cardio too. Angela and I are going to do a half marathon in the beginning of July, so that will get me outside. At least a little.

Wow, you bumped up the cardio, no? I thought you were doing a bit less? 30 min, with as much as you work out, is great!

Wow, you bumped up the cardio, no? I thought you were doing a bit less? 30 min, with as much as you work out, is great!
    Summer time, got to lean up! I’ve always done at least 10 minutes cardio four times a week (don’t do cardio on leg days), but with summer approaching and a Cancun trip in a few months got to tone up so doing more now. Although I only do 20-30 minutes I concentrate on high resistance and high incline. I do 8 resistance (I assume this means 8 times the resistance of running (air), and incline at 10 for 10 mins, at 15 10 mins, and 20 (highest incline) for 10 mins. Not going to lie, sometimes I get lazy and only do 20 mins. Where my passion is weight lifting I know the importance of working the heart! Plus I like the lean look better than when I was bigger (with more fat).

Yeah I have heard you should change it up periodically and it helps with for better absorption. You ever heard that? Maybe I need to try this! Being lactose intolerant makes my option limited though....
    You should change it up periodically because your body eventually gets used to a certain formula, but I'm not sure if it will help with absorption. I've done some research on this Universal Torrent and it seems to be one of the best for a post workout because it is absorbed a lot faster than other protein. MHP's Dark Matter is another good post workout protein for the same reason. The Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 is a blend of 7 protein types that apparently is a more time released formula. I've been wanting to try it, but never pulled the trigger till now. I'll see how it goes for a while.
    I have no idea how it feels to be lactose intolerant. All whey protein will have some amount of lactose in its formula. Most brands limit their amount because of lactose intolerant people. If you haven't had any issues with your whey you take now, you shouldn't have any issues with another brand. Most egg and soy protein is totally lactose free.

So, this past Monday I started a slightly different exercise routine. I started to pre-exhaust whatever group I am working on before I start my working sets. The idea is to basically burn out your secondaries in order to use more of your major muscle group. Man does it hurt.....

Just to let you know what I mean, Monday I began my chest workout with a superset of incline dumbbell fly/incline dumbbell press/flat dumbbell press using 45's (3 sets of 12-15). When I was doing my regular working sets on flat and incline bench, I felt a big difference. I couldn't do nearly as much as I'm used to. When I got home it was a different story. Every time I lifted my arms over my head or did anything involving the slightest bit of chest strength, my chest would cramp up. I did this with shoulders on Tuesday and they are still sore today. Bi's/Tri's on Wednesday and my arms cramped up when I would just bend my arm. Legs/back today and I could barely walk out of the gym. I haven't hurt this bad in a long time and man does it feel good.... Hoping to stimulate some new growth and get to 230 lbs before the end of this year.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Today was National "Take Your Child To Work" Day, so I skipped my lunchtime workout for the sake of Nom Nom Nom (not to be mistaken with Nan Nan Nan) at India's Castle.

Back to it, tomorrow.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Hit legs and shoulders today like a mofo! It was fun. I'm really trying to find ways to incorporate stability, and more than one exercise, per exercise. ex: 1 legged dumbbell squats, and do a curl with the dumbbell when you go down. Or doing squats on the squishy discs. Shit like that.

The only downside of my workout, is that I weighed myself for the first time in months...203! I don't really care about how much I weigh, it's not important, but I've been feeling and looking good lately. Oh well, maybe I won't have as many beers tonight.

I am so sore today from yesterday's chest workout. I did 2 exercises each chest part: #1. 4 sets heavy ; 10, 8, 6, 3 (3 being heaviest weight I can do).
    #2. 4 sets light (all till failure).
    Did that regular chest, flies, incline, decline. Total of 32 chest exercises! I will do this for a few weeks on all body parts and then change it up.

Think I may try this next for chest:

On an adjustable bench you start with a high incline do it as many times as possible. When you fail, you lower it one level do that as many times
    and keep going till you hit the flat with the same weight</SPAN>

Madvlad, what is your progress?

Barn, anymore Crossfit classes you accomplished?

Sean, how's the weight lifting? You try any of those ball platform works I suggested?

3D, you ready for that show yet?

Keyser, you heal yet man?

RajinCajin, you even still on this board? Still working out?

OwenR6, making gains still?

Grim, still losing weight while trying to bulk?

Vance, what workout routine you do? Just curious.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Nah, no long-term CF classes in my future. They were asking a pretty steep monthly rate for starters, but I really never had any intentions of it to begin with. I just kinda wanted to see what it was all about, and use what they put us through, to help supplement the (rather vanilla) workout that I do duiring my lunch.

For instance I never used to do any sort of lunges or leg exercises, since I always thought my legs are pretty stout from running, etc... Well after getting my legs CF'd to death, I've added deep squats to my routine to keep it real. I try and borrow from their intensity too, but without the class dynamic, it's difficult to push the kind of pace that they did (solo).

But yeah, no more classes.

<------ Doesn't care to pay for workouts, if it all avoidable.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I have lost a tremendous amount of weight thanks to pissing out of my ass the past 6 days.

Highly recommended 10/10
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Sean, how's the weight lifting? You try any of those ball platform works I suggested?
    Yup, still lifting. I did start doing dumbbell press on the ball along with seated curls, dumbbell military press, etc. I also started standing on those little black discs when squatting or other standing exercise. I just started it, so I don't have a good feel for it's benefits yet. But I'm def trying new things.

I was thinking about doing some more supplements. I might try the Neurocore of Jack3d if I see it go on sale again. I also want to change up my protien drink. Any thoughts on a drink that is good for protein, but not for building? I don't want to bulk up at all but have a better drink then I take now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I have lost a tremendous amount of weight thanks to pissing out of my ass the past 6 days.

Highly recommended 10/10
    Sorry forgot you man! lol..yeah pissing out your ass always is a good way to lose weight! You still working out though? Well when you are not sick that is...

Yup, still lifting. I did start doing dumbbell press on the ball along with seated curls, dumbbell military press, etc. I also started standing on those little black discs when squatting or other standing exercise. I just started it, so I don't have a good feel for it's benefits yet. But I'm def trying new things.

I was thinking about doing some more supplements. I might try the Neurocore of Jack3d if I see it go on sale again. I also want to change up my protien drink. Any thoughts on a drink that is good for protein, but not for building? I don't want to bulk up at all but have a better drink then I take now.
    Nice, doing it that way should increase your core strength; which in the long run core helps ALL lifts! You may not feel much benefits (soreness) from it (since you are already in good shape from Insanity workouts), but believe me you are strengthening the core since you have to use it to stabilize yourself while you lift. Your core can never be too strong! Plus always good to change up a workout every few weeks anyways and these balls/disks are one way to do it.

I like Neurcore and use that primarily now as a pre-workout (unless I am changing it up to build tolerance; I use C4 for that). From what I have researched Neurocore puts in some “extras” that Jack3d didn’t (put them in one of these posts). Just start off with a small dose to see how it does and go from there. As for protein I still recommend Dymatize Elite Isolate because of how low it’s carbs are. I was actually comparing it to others recently and was surprised it’s carbs were even lower than Muscle Milk Light.

Sorry forgot you man! lol..yeah pissing out your ass always is a good way to lose weight! You still working out though? Well when you are not sick that is...
    I've been in the crunch zone the past 4 weeks for school, and have 1.5 weeks left. Until I got sick on last Tuesday, I was doing really good with diet. Started taking 30g of protein within waking via a shake, and dumbed down lunches and dinners to any variation of chicken, tilapia, frozen veggies, spinach, minimal fruit, and beans (kidney, black, pinto). Also started doing 1 even tablespoon of organic peanut butter before bed to help even out my early AM blood sugar levels, which was making it a real drudgery to wake up in the morning. Noticed a morning difference the first night I did it.

As soon as I'm done with school, I'll be back in the gym but will be placing much more emphasis on keeping a modest diet vs. trying to meet the gym 5 or 6 days a week. If I make it 5 times? great. If I only make it 2? that's ok too. I recently read 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss and it has changed my views about weight loss significantly. Highly recommend everyone interested in body transformation to read it (I have it in pdf on request). I was on the diet for a week solid, including a Saturday cheat day, and had lost nearly 8 pounds in a week just on diet change alone. I have probably lost a little more considering my food intake has been minimal the past few days, and am probably below my August low of 278 or whatever it was.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Recovering from my latest weird health issue (coworkers call it Cat Skeetz Fever) and my knee is still a work in progress. Busted ass on yard work Sat, 2 hr gym workout Sun, rode my bicycle 42 miles today.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I tried doing laying-down, dumbbell fly's, one arm at a time. I felt that in my core!

I like Neurcore and use that primarily now as a pre-workout (unless I am changing it up to build tolerance; I use C4 for that). From what I have researched Neurocore puts in some “extras” that Jack3d didn’t (put them in one of these posts). Just start off with a small dose to see how it does and go from there. As for protein I still recommend Dymatize Elite Isolate because of how low it’s carbs are. I was actually comparing it to others recently and was surprised it’s carbs were even lower than Muscle Milk Light.
    Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll order some after I finish the current container.

Couple of Q's:
    1. Do you mix with water or milk?
    2. Do you add anything else? (I usually put a banana in my vanilla shake)
    3. Which flavors are good for each of them?
    4. I know Neurocore is pre-workout; do you do the protein shale right after? Any other times?

3D, you ready for that show yet?
    Not quite yet. The wife just had the baby Friday morning so I'm outta the gym for about a week, maybe 2. I'm still looking at May of next year for my first show. It should give me plenty of time to bulk up a bit more and work on my trouble parts.

I tried doing laying-down, dumbbell fly's, one arm at a time. I felt that in my core!

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll order some after I finish the current container.

Couple of Q's:
    1. Do you mix with water or milk?
    2. Do you add anything else? (I usually put a banana in my vanilla shake)
    3. Which flavors are good for each of them?
    4. I know Neurocore is pre-workout; do you do the protein shale right after? Any other times?
    I know this wasn't directed toward me, but I figured I'd tell you what I think.

Any exercise you do, you will use your core to some extent. With one arm anything you increase the amount your core is used because it has to work to stabilize you a bit more than opposed to a two arm workout.

As to your questions....

1. I mix with water, just because milk takes longer to absorb. (it's cheaper also)
    2. I mix with fruit sometimes. It's never a bad idea to add real fruit to a protein shake. I used to do blueberries.
    3. I stick with chocolate flavor. You can't go wrong with it and it tastes the same with water or milk. (banana's go good with it also)
    4. I do my protein shakes in the morning w/breakfast, post workout, and about 30 min before bed. It doesn't hurt to take a shake pre-workout, it may depend on when the last time you got to eat. For me, I just use the Neurocore. It's more than enough to get you going.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I know this wasn't directed toward me, but I figured I'd tell you what I think.
    No worries man, we're all friends here. Thanks for the input.

btw: Congrats on the new kid!

I found a pic from Bulldog's first competition. Can you guess which one he is?